Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
1 government shut down would pay for that wall and more. Just goes to show you what a joke this 2 party system is. They all have had shut downs based on partisan hypocrisy. That's why I claim neither party.
Now we just need you and many other decent centrists around the country to run for Congresscritter. I think people are fed up with the republocrats who can no longer govern.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congresscritter? Lol! That about sums it up. I would never run in politics though. What a sordid life. I do not care who you are and the intentions one goes in with. I'm more of a grassroots work from the ground up sort of gal.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Congresscritter? Lol! That about sums it up. I would never run in politics though. What a sordid life. I do not care who you are and the intentions one goes in with. I'm more of a grassroots work from the ground up sort of gal.
I get it. But when we (and I think the same sort of way) refuse to even consider it, we leave the Congress to a worse sort of people who populate those halls now. There are some really great people there, but not that many.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get it. But when we (and I think the same sort of way) refuse to even consider it, we leave the Congress to a worse sort of people who populate those halls now. There are some really great people there, but not that many.
Many like myself don't feel qualified.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Many like myself don't feel qualified.

I am not suggesting that you SHOULD run. Politics is a difficult career.

However, given many of those now in government, your qualifications should not be a barrier.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol! True that!
I am not suggesting that you SHOULD run. Politics is a difficult career.

However, given many of those now in government, your qualifications should not be a barrier.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pushing 60 and Pres. Trump has done more for the pro-life cause than any Republican President during my lifetime. Granted those didn't have a Republican congress, but Trump has kept all his promises at least so far,especially concerning life. I did not support him during the primary( I was a Cruz gal) and at first I was dismayed to have to choose between Trump and Clinton, but one thing I knew for sure was that I in no way wanted Clinton in the WH. At least Trump would have a Republican cabinet and I was hoping he would make good on appointing a conservative Supreme Court Justice, which he has done- and has the possibility of appointing more before 2020 for all we know. That clinched it for me.
He has also re-instated the Mexico City policy, Defunded the United Nations Population Fund, and more.
I also agree with Moonless night, looking back an establishment politician was not going to be elected.
People were so tired of the same ol' same ol' promises from both parties with nothing changing getting into office.
Whether he is re-elected or not we will see, a lot can happen in 3 years.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm pushing 60 and Pres. Trump has done more for the pro-life cause than any Republican President during my lifetime. Granted those Presidents didn't have a Republican congress, but Trump has kept all his promises at least so far, especially concering life. I did not support him during the primary( I was a Cruz gal) and at first I was dismayed to have to choose between Trump and Clinton, but one thing I knew for sure was that I in no way wanted Clinton in the WH. At least Trump would have a Republican cabinet and I was hoping he would make good on appointing a conservative Supreme Court Justice, which he has done- and has the possibility of appointing more before 2020 for all we know. That clinched it for me.
He has also re-instated the Mexico City policy, Defunded the United Nations Population Fund, and more.
I also agree with Moonless night, looking back an establishment politician was not going to be elected.
People were so tired of the same ol' same ol' promises from both parties with nothing changing getting into office.
Whether he is re-elected or not we will see, a lot can happen in 3 years.

Upvote 0