Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As believable as this is, it's a little too anecdotal for me. On top of that the exchange matches a little too closely to this video on the same topic that came out 3 years before he ran for president.

The reason the video is a video is because the situation described happens all the freaking time. The common denominator is a clueless American who thinks someone else doesn't 'look American'. Often combined with "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH GOOD [sic]."

The NBC story makes it clear they know exactly who the woman is, but aren't naming her to protect her privacy. So it's not quite the same as an urban legend about my cousin's in-law's dentist.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still the Lefts 'uproar' over the alleged Korean/pretty woman statement is another example of exactly 'why' people dislike the left and its political correctness.

Sure, many on the left are taking a stand against Trump's racist comments, and I agree that in today's USA, taking a stand against racism is unpopular in some quarters.

But I still think it is the correct and moral thing to do, at least based on what I've been taught and learned.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
latest
Pretty soon we're going to run out of characters and have to hit up TOS.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ugh, it just never ends.

Trump Wondered Why “Pretty Korean Lady” Wasn’t Negotiating With North Korea

“Where are you from?” Trump asked when she was done with the briefing. She answered New York. But that wasn’t the answer he was looking for and pressed again. Still unsatisfied with her answer of “Manhattan,” Trump just came out and asked where “your people” are from. When she said her parents are Korean, Trump then turned to an adviser and asked why the “pretty Korean lady” wasn’t negotiating with North Korea. The fact that she’s a hostage policy expert didn’t seem to matter to the president.

...well of course, experts on anything are part of THE ESTABLISHMENT and not to be trusted.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still the Lefts 'uproar' over the alleged Korean/pretty woman statement is another example of exactly 'why' people dislike the left and its political correctness.

Sure, many on the left are taking a stand against Trump's racist comments, and I agree that in today's USA, taking a stand against racism is unpopular in some quarters.

But I still think it is the correct and moral thing to do, at least based on what I've been taught and learned.

Of course, standing up against racism and racial remarks is the right thing to do. Having been involved in Native American social and political activism for almost 25 years of my life, I can't help but question someone's integrity and motives when they insist otherwise. Either by a personal encounter or as an eye-witness over the years, it has been my experience that whenever a Native American or an African American attempts to address how either they or their people (ancestors) have been mistreated and maligned (because of being a minority) that they will encounter cruel animosity and antagonism for their effort. Not only it is very likely that they will be viciously mocked, demeaned, dehumanized and shamed, they will also be repeatedly told to "Get over it and stop living in the past!"

It's also very likely that they will be falsely accused of the following accusations too: (1) accused of race baiting; (2) accused of being racist against white people; (3) accused of playing the victim and wanting attention; and (4) accused of spreading hate and white guilt.

Speaking of my years of experience as a Native American activist, I want you to know that I have never encountered any hostility from liberals, Christian or otherwise, concerning me being involved in social activism in all my years of experience in it. I can't say that about the conservatives that I have met over the years. I would like to say one more thing to you, if I may. Please don't heed to the ridicule by anyone who would use the term 'leftist' and 'political correctness' in an attempt to shame and silence you (or other liberals in general) from addressing racial issues and racial relations. Stand firm and know that you are in the right to stand up against racial injustice. I know, from years of personal experience, that it can get vicious and you might find yourself being yelled at or threatened. But you can use your voice to make a difference for social change or in another person's life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am not,and I am not interested in the rest of your tirade either as a result of that flame.
bye bye.
I'm not interested in your non interest. Everyone else can read and judge for themselves how I go point by point and prove you wrong.

It takes a lot of courage to admit when you are wrong. It's okay. Not everyone has the ability to be critical of themselves and their arguments.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟147,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course, standing up against racism and racial remarks is the right thing to do. Having been involved in Native American social and political activism for almost 25 years of my life... (Flame)
The 'point' is, that nothing in the comments statement about the advisor lady 'need' to be taken in a 'racist' way or in a negative way. It is an example of being hyper sensitive, because it is really something out of 'nothing' (that is the point). Making points out nothing happens 'daily' with the left and Trump.

My Grandmother was a full blooded Mohawk indian, she married a full bloodied Italian. We are over it, I and all my relatives are Americans.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why do you complain? Just swallow the racism and accept the world we live in.

He's a white man and she's a korean woman. If she doesn't want to be talked to like that, she should go back to her people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course, standing up against racism and racial remarks is the right thing to do. Having been involved in Native American social and political activism for almost 25 years of my life... (Flame)
The 'point' is, that nothing in the comments statement about the advisor lady 'need' to be taken in a 'racist' way or in a negative way. It is an example of being hyper sensitive, because it is really something out of 'nothing' (that is the point). Making points out nothing happens 'daily' with the left and Trump.

My Grandmother was a full blooded Mohawk indian, she married a full bloodied Italian. We are over it, I and all my relatives are Americans.
That point is not the sharpest tool in the shed. It's like telling a rape victim not to take it as assault or in a negative way.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status