Trump White House issues lie...about golf?

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rory McIlroy's round with Donald Trump forces White House to issue a statement - Golf Digest

The White House told reporters that Trump played a "few holes" of golf Sunday morning. Since Trump found fault with Obama for the amount of golf he played while President, the Trump people are a little reticent about reporting on the rounds of golf Trump plays during his weekends at his private club in Florida.

Problem was that Trump invited Rory McIlroy to join him. Rory is recovering from an injury so was not on the tour this weekend. Rory reported on his website that he and Trump played 18 holes Sunday morning and Trump played well for a guy in his 70's.

Oops! The White House lied, didn't they? Trump played a full round, not just a few holes. So they had to issue a new statement covering their ....

Not a major incident, but it is indicative of how Trump and his minions treat truth and facts. They have little use for them. Can't even tell the truth about a lousy round of golf.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Rory McIlroy's round with Donald Trump forces White House to issue a statement - Golf Digest

The White House told reporters that Trump played a "few holes" of golf Sunday morning. Since Trump found fault with Obama for the amount of golf he played while President, the Trump people are a little reticent about reporting on the rounds of golf Trump plays during his weekends at his private club in Florida.

Problem was that Trump invited Rory McIlroy to join him. Rory is recovering from an injury so was not on the tour this weekend. Rory reported on his website that he and Trump played 18 holes Sunday morning and Trump played well for a guy in his 70's.

Oops! The White House lied, didn't they? Trump played a full round, not just a few holes. So they had to issue a new statement covering their ....

Not a major incident, but it is indicative of how Trump and his minions treat truth and facts. They have little use for them. Can't even tell the truth about a lousy round of golf.
McIlroy is a registered Democrat and a known liar. If Trump says he only played a few holes, he only played a few holes.. and shot three under par on every one of them, even the par three holes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
McIlroy is a registered Democrat and a known liar. If Trump says he only played a few holes, he only played a few holes.. and shot three under par on every one of them, even the par three holes!
I was thinking the same thing. But the White House lied, not McIlroy, since the Breitbart boys changed their story later to match what Rory posted.

McIlroy could be a Democrat, but since he is from Northern Ireland, he can't be a registered one and he can't vote here. But...Trump should investigate him, as he might have voted illegally, and maybe more than one time. And Rory is lucky he is here now, for if he leaves to go back home to Northern Ireland or to play in a tournament outside the U.S., he might not be allowed back. Those Northern Ireland guys have a long history of violence and terrorism.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I read it, Trump was scheduled to play "a few holes," then decided to go the distance. The initial report concerned the "few holes" plan.
That is what they said. But if the plan changed, one would think that this would have been communicated to the appropriate people, and a revised statement issued. But it wasn't until after McIlroy, who probably doesn't have all the communications capabilities of the White House, posted it on his website or wherever. I am thinking it was our intelligence guys, constantly monitoring the internet for anything regarding Trump, who discovered McIlroy's post and informed White House staff so they could change their story.:scratch:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I actually am not offended by this post because it correctly illustrates how far the anti-Democracy warriors go to push the "Trump lies" theme. If it had been applied to Obama, he'd be a liar all the time, too, and so would most of us. In other words, the conversational way that you and I and Trump talk, but not lawyers, leaves us all open to being called liars when it's only an insignificant technical point that is being seized upon.

As we know, time and time again Trump has been called a liar, "making things up," and so on--only to be shown to have been correct in the end except for a verbal exaggeration or imprecise turn of phrase here or there like we all do. In sum, he was right in essence while his critics were wrong on the basics and, in some cases, had to lie about what he'd said in order to even make their charges.

Hence, Muslims in America were seen celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center buildings; Sweden has been rocked with horrible crimes at the hands of immigrants; and many, perhaps millions, of illegal votes were indeed recorded in the 2016 election. But all of these, mentioned by the President, were called outright fabrications by the eager Left when they first hit the news.

To be sure, someone can press the point and say that it was scores, not millions, of Muslims celebrating--except that the press and the Democrats insisted that it was a lie because NONE were seen. Similarly, Trump did not say that "terrorists" or "terrorism" had struck Sweden but that horrible events had occurred--which is undeniably true. The opponents, however, made their case on the word "terrorism" which he did NOT utter in that part of his remarks. Some in the media went so far as to create a bogus quotation and attribute it to Trump.

Finally, it's been documented that thousands of illegal or phantom votes were cast across the USA, some of which came to light because of the ill-fated recounts that the Green Party, along with the Clinton organization, ordered up in Michigan. It may be that the figure was only 2 million, not 3 or 4. The problem again, is that the media and Democrats insisted, when they charged "lie," that there were NONE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As we know, time and time again Trump has been called a liar, "making things up," and so on--only to be shown to have been correct in the end except for a verbal exaggeration or imprecise turn of phrase here or there.

Oh what a load of malarkey. He outright lies and then his minions and enablers in the Conservisphere scramble to find something, anything vaguely related his outlandish poppycock and somehow that vindicates him? I isn't he supposedly really smart, trust him? Can't he keep simple facts straight in his head before running off at the mouth?

Hency, Muslims in America were seen celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center buildings,

And here' one that actually is a demonstrable lie but Trump sycophants are still claiming he actually was right. There simply is no evidence of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the fall of the WTC. Zero. There sure as heck is no footage of these celebrations, which is what Trump claimed.

>> “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering. So something’s going on. We’ve got to find out what it is.” <<

He lied then and any of his supporters claiming he was right when he lied are simply wrong.
Trump, Carson on 9/11 ‘Celebrations’
>>
The Star-Ledger, New Jersey’s largest newspaper, wrote on Sept. 13, 2001, about “persistent rumors — repeated all day on talk radio and on the Internet” — that Muslims were celebrating in the streets of Paterson, New Jersey. That story did not contain any mention of Jersey City nor did it provide any evidence that the rumors in Paterson were true.

The New York Daily News dispatched a reporter to Paterson shortly after the attacks to investigate the same rumors and came up empty. In a Sept. 14, 2001, story, the Daily News quoted an unidentified police officer saying there were no public celebrations in Paterson. “I patrol these streets every day and I haven’t seen one person with a smile on their face at the mention of this tragedy,” the officer told the Daily News. “The people here are suffering and mourning like everyone else.” <<

>> Update, Nov. 25: Farmer told the New York Times in a story published Nov. 25 that the New Jersey State Police received reports on the day of the attacks that “Muslims were dancing on the rooftops and in the streets of Jersey City and Paterson.” Those reports were investigated and found to be false, Farmer said. “We followed up on that report instantly because of its implications,” Farmer told the Times. “The word came back quickly from Jersey City, later from Paterson. False report. Never happened.” <<

Bold mine - Trump Lied. Period.

...perhaps millions, of illegal votes were cast in the 2016 election.

There is zero evidence that millions of illegal votes were cast. He is simply making stuff up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Similarly, Trump did not say that "terrorists" or "terrorism" had struck Sweden but that horrible events had occurred--which is undeniably true. The opponents, however, made their case on the word "terrorism" which he did NOT utter in that part of his remarks. Some in the media went so far as to create a bogus quotation and attribute it to Trump.
Meh, you're half right. Plenty of people added words like "terrorist" and "massacre" that he didn't say. But people made their case on the "last night" part, not on the phantom words.

Reactions: LinguaIgnota
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,557.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A few holes, the entire course, what difference does it make? He spent the day (or most of his day) playing golf, so basically, he took the day off.

And you know what? I don't fault him for that. As long as he would deliver good results, he could take all the time off he wants for what I care. Kennedy spent his weekends out of the white house.

And if he doesn't deliver good results, or even makes things worse, then it doesn't matter if he's 24/7 on the job or a 9-5 president.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Lock Him UP!

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Played well for a guy in his 70s." Lol. What a backhanded compliment! :D
Maybe they're hoping his presidency also gets graded on a curve : "Not as strong as the younger black guy he replaced, but pretty good for a guy in his 70s"

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they're hoping his presidency also gets graded on a curve : "Not as strong as the younger black guy he replaced, but pretty good for a guy in his 70s"

Well, that younger other guy spent over 2000 days of his presidency on the course so he should be pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, that younger other guy spent over 2000 days of his presidency on the course so he should be pretty good.
There needs to be some sort of tag people put in their profile to let us know that they're just pretending to support Trump - Poe's law really complicates things around here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Meh, you're half right. Plenty of people added words like "terrorist" and "massacre" that he didn't say. But people made their case on the "last night" part, not on the phantom words.

All right. He was apparently speaking--off script, as usual--about what had been publicized the previous night. While I'm not excusing that sort of casualness in a president, neither do I think those who want to destroy him by accusing him of making everything up, etc., when they themselves have made up half of it, are to be excused or, worse, defended or high-fived. These are people who are intent upon denying the will of the people, if you want to get right down to it.

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As we know, time and time again Trump has been called a liar, "making things up," and so on--only to be shown to have been correct in the end except for a verbal exaggeration or imprecise turn of phrase here or there like we all do. In sum, he was right in essence while his critics were wrong on the basics and, in some cases, had to lie about what he'd said in order to even make their charges.

Reminds me of most of the threads started in this and the political forum the last few months, as soon as some of the truth comes out they thread dies and no acknowledgements of being wrong are made...

“Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the lying media, Obama played about 330 rounds of golf during his eight years. He did not play his first round as President until three months after his inauguration; I guess he was just too busy. Trump has reportedly played six rounds of golf in the past month. So by my count, he is six rounds and three months ahead of Obama's pace!

Since you appear to be mathematically challenged, let me point out that an 8 year presidency lasts 2920 days, not including a leap year day or two. If Obama played golf on 2000 of those days, that would mean he was golfing on 68% of the days he was in office. I wonder how he found time to play basketball, too?

Now, I could see Rory McIlroy being out on the course 250 days (68%) during a typical year. But not any President.

By the way, George W. Bush was noted for golfing "to relax" from the burdens of office, as have many other Presidents. The most famous was probably Ike, who was a member at Augusta National.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I actually am not offended by this post because it correctly illustrates how far the anti-Democracy warriors go to push the "Trump lies" theme. If it had been applied to Obama, he'd be a liar all the time, too, and so would most of us. In other words, the conversational way that you and I and Trump talk, but not lawyers, leaves us all open to being called liars when it's only an insignificant technical point that is being seized upon.

Didn't he say the murder rate (or maybe it was violent crime rate?) was the highest it's been in over 45 years? That might fit your definition of "exaggeration"...but it looks like a flat out lie to me. Also, he made promises and claims to the American people during his campaign that were flat out lies...remember his large talk about investigating Hillary and locking her up? He fully admitted after he was elected that he was saying it to get votes....or in other words, he lied to his own supporters.

It's not really up for debate anymore that the man is a flat out liar...and he's going to continue to do it because for some reason, a segment of the population treats his word like it was the infallible word of god.

Hence, Muslims in America were seen celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center buildings; Sweden has been rocked with horrible crimes at the hands of immigrants; and many, perhaps millions, of illegal votes were indeed recorded in the 2016 election.

I don't know exactly what he said about Sweden...but it's a pretty fair assumption that since Sweden has no idea what he's talking about....it's false. His description of American muslims celebrating 9-11 may just be exaggeration...I'll give you that one. The claim that millions of illegals voted, however, is at this point a flat out lie without any evidence to back it up.

But all of these, mentioned by the President, were called outright fabrications by the eager Left when they first hit the news.

To be sure, someone can press the point and say that it was scores, not millions, of Muslims celebrating--except that the press and the Democrats insisted that it was a lie because NONE were seen. Similarly, Trump did not say that "terrorists" or "terrorism" had struck Sweden but that horrible events had occurred--which is undeniably true. The opponents, however, made their case on the word "terrorism" which he did NOT utter in that part of his remarks. Some in the media went so far as to create a bogus quotation and attribute it to Trump.

You're right...he didn't specifically mention a terrorist attack, and I did see some outlets make that claim...but what in the world was he talking about? The man is president of the United States...he should have a firm grasp on what is going on in the international community...maybe not every little detail...but a good understanding at least. He appears to not only be clueless, but possibly delusional.

Finally, it's been documented that thousands of illegal or phantom votes were cast across the USA, some of which came to light because of the ill-fated recounts that the Green Party, along with the Clinton organization, ordered up in Michigan. It may be that the figure was only 2 million, not 3 or 4. The problem again, is that the media and Democrats insisted, when they charged "lie," that there were NONE.

I have seen claims of "thousands of illegal votes"....but I haven't seen any documentation, just speculating. He did say millions of illegals voted...and it doesn't appear to be true by a long shot. That's a lie. You may want to soften it by saying it's merely exaggeration....but if I told you I could jump 30 feet into the air without any assistance, and I can only jump 3 feet, I'm not just exaggerating....I'm lying.

• Winner
Reactions: Martinius
Upvote 0