California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump, Wentz Among Speakers at National Prayer Breakfast Beginning @ 8:00 a.m. EST

This should be much better than last year when Obama chewed Christians out during the Prayer Meeting. For some reason most every time Obama got in front of a group of Christians he thought he needed to do that.

M-Bob

At last year's National Prayer Breakfast Trump bloviated and bragged about himself, then used the platform to make juvenile jabs about another reality show host with poor ratings. It prompted this response: Arnold on Twitter

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump, Wentz Among Speakers at National Prayer Breakfast Beginning @ 8:00 a.m. EST

This should be much better than when Obama chewed Christians out during the Prayer Meeting. For some reason most every time Obama got in front of a group of Christians he thought he needed to do that.

M-Bob

It comes as no surprise to me that a muslim speaking at a normally Christian meeting would take the opportunity to chastise Christians.

Glad to hear Wentz is speaking. He appears to have a genuine faith that has impacted many teammates and his coach. As a result, every eagle (coach and 2 players) on the platform, acknowledged God first. As someone who had followed the eagles for a long time, that has never happened before. The coach--who was the most clear said: "First and foremost, I want to give all the glory to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." And, when each of the three acknowledged God first, the world stopped asking them questions and moved on to the next--only to hear the same thing. Then, they went up to the commentators' booth and Tony Dungy talked about what Foles told him during superbowl week and how Foles said: "I know this is Carson Wentz' team. I just believe God had me here for such a time as this." And, if Foles does nothing else his entire life, what a story God left him to tell.... But, look at the persecution Tony Dungy--a known Christian employed by NBC--received:

Tony Dungy Defends On-Air Comments About Nick Foles' Christian Faith During Super Bowl

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One of many you can find the others yourself.
M-Bob

He didn't smear anyone. He told the truth and things I heard in my Baptist Church growing up and later in Evangelical and Pentecostal sermons on Christian broadcasts. The Crusaders did horrible things to Muslims, Jews, and even Eastern Christians. The same thing can be said about early explorers who killed and enslaved in the name of Christ.
It is history which we don't need to repeat.

In short, it is make believe Christians like Todd Starnes who smear Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It comes as no surprise to me that a muslim speaking at a normally Christian meeting would take the opportunity to chastise Christians.

Calling Obama a Muslim should be unacceptable on a Christian forum. It's a lie and its indecent, but I guess so many right wing evangelicals are dripping with contempt for all things decent, so they cannot help themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calling Obama a Muslim should be unacceptable on a Christian forum. It's a lie and its indecent, but I guess so many right wing evangelicals are dripping with contempt for all things decent, so they cannot help themselves.

You claim it is a lie and indecent. And, yet you generalize and insult a whole group and think that is okay? How hypocritical of you! What if the truth doesn't match what you want to believe? The evidence of his actions point more to him being muslim and supporting muslim nations than being Christian and supporting Israel and what God supports, whether you like that or not.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
You claim it is a lie and indecent. And, yet you generalize and insult a whole group and think that is okay? How hypocritical of you! What if the truth doesn't match what you want to believe? The evidence of his actions point more to him being muslim and supporting muslim nations than being Christian and supporting Israel and what God supports, whether you like that or not.

Obama is a Christian by confession and baptism, the same as me.

It is against the forum rules to say somebody here, who identifies as a Christian, is not a Christian. Why is Obama exempt?

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is against the forum rules to say somebody here, who identifies as a Christian, is not a Christian. Why is Obama exempt?

Are you aware that the muslim's book says that it is okay to lie if it furthers their cause? Have you not read where it says in Christian Scriptures: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." (Gal 6:7-8) Was Paul writing letters to the unbelievers in each city he wrote to or talking to people who claimed to be Christians? Are you aware there are people who have confessed and been baptized and no longer believe (and maybe never have)?

I also find it interesting that you expressed no issue with people who question your current president, but you will defend a past one? For instance, where is your complaint against JackRT? I think your non-Christian ideology is taking the lead over your Christianity.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Obama is a member here?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you aware that the muslim's book says that it is okay to lie if it furthers their cause? Have you not read where it says in Christian Scriptures: "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting." (Gal 6:7-8) Was Paul writing letters to the unbelievers in each city he wrote to or talking to people who claimed to be Christians? Are you aware there are people who have confessed and been baptized and no longer believe (and maybe never have)?

Going around assuming other people are liars, without rational justification, is considered sinful in my religious tradition (Lutheran). People deserve the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going around assuming other people are liars, without rational justification, is considered sinful in my religious tradition (Lutheran). People deserve the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

I can't help but wonder if the founder of your religious tradition would live up to the scrutiny of that tradition, as expressed by you.

I also don't believe in calling people liars, but I won't blame my religious tradition. I was merely pointing out that a Muslim does have justification to lie in their religious tradition.

But, I do believe in calling a spade a spade and if you support the opposite of what you claim to be; then you aren't what you claim to be. And there are many who claim Christ who aren't what they claim to be--And the Scriptures warn us about that. To ignore Scriptural warnings is ignorantly dangerous.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
But, I do believe in calling a spade a spade and if you support the opposite of what you claim to be; then you aren't what you claim to be. And there are many who claim Christ who aren't what they claim to be--And the Scriptures warn us about that. To ignore Scriptural warnings is ignorantly dangerous.

Obama's politics are in line, more or less, with his denomination, the United Church of Christ, and its social teachings.

I can't help but wonder if the founder of your religious tradition would live up to the scrutiny of that tradition, as expressed by you.

That's largely irrelevent since Lutherans are not defined so much by praxis as by doctrine. However, we acknowledge human beings are fallen and do not expect people to live up to unrealistic standards.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.