Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If he were four years old I'd agree. :wave:
tulc(but he's not, so...) :sigh:
I find that any political house or senate or whatever... if observed from a civilized and professional vantage point.. is embarrassingly childish, selfish and it is a wonder that anything gets accomplished at all.

The Canadian political stage is an embarrassment. As is Ontario's.

I can say that because I am a Canadian who lives in Ontario and I am totally embarrassed by it.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Not when they are getting DACA.
Who is getting DACA? Has that been on the table during the shut down? All I have seen is Trump saying he won’t open the government until he gets the wall.

DACA + wall was last year - Dems votes for, Republicans votes agains

Also last year was DACA + wall + a bunch of other stuff Dems were opposed to - Republicans votes for, Dems votes against

• Agree
Reactions: Queller
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Go bigger: Pass the bill that 54 senators voted for last February, which combined a solution for children brought to the United States illegally (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA) and $25 billion in appropriated funding for border security over 10 years. The bill failed only because of last-minute White House opposition.
The bill failed only because of last-minute White House opposition.
Not correct. Trump has considered and even agreed to the DACA provisions.

The last offer last year he accepted all 1.8 million of the Dreamers (Dem counter proposal) if they expanded on GOP immigration reforms. He did this so the bill would pass the Senate.
This article states the four votes on this Senate bill last Feb., 2/2018, and how each Senators voted.
Here's how your senators voted on failed immigration proposals

My state has one Dem. senator and one Rep.. They both voted yes on the first and third proposals. That's compromise.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is getting DACA? Has that been on the table during the shut down? All I have seen is Trump saying he won’t open the government until he gets the wall.

DACA + wall was last year - Dems votes for, Republicans votes agains

Also last year was DACA + wall + a bunch of other stuff Dems were opposed to - Republicans votes for, Dems votes against
I posted a NYTs article I believe up thread. Yes DACA has always been on the table.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not when they are getting DACA.
Trump said that he is “willing to shift more” on DACA. He hasn’t said that he is willing to give the Democrats what they want.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi and Schumer are the ones that have vowed to continuously to block the POTUS as a knee-jerk response because they refuse to accept that the Democrats lost. How anyone can describe saying "bye" and walking out of a room a tantrum? It's simply not anywhere near a tantrum but it is a strategy to of the left to negatively misrepresent & attempt to continually defame their opponents & get the biased media to repeat it.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Trump said that he is “willing to shift more” on DACA. He hasn’t said that he is willing to give the Democrats what they want.

Maybe, maybe not. Trump seems to signal different things to different groups of people. Not a good way to reach a deal.

“Trump has sent mixed signals over his willingness to do make a deal on “Dreamers”—immigrants brought into the country illegally as children. He told reporters on Thursday that he was interested in doing an immigration deal simultaneously with the current fight over the border wall, adding that the administration “could help the dreamers.”

But he indicated to senators during a closed-door policy lunch this week that he was not interested in making a deal on the Obama-era Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.”

Senate immigration talks fall apart

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Pelosi and Schumer are the ones that have vowed to continuously to block the POTUS as a knee-jerk response because they refuse to accept that the Democrats lost. How anyone can describe saying "bye" and walking out of a room a tantrum? It's simply not anywhere near a tantrum but it is a strategy to of the left to negatively misrepresent & attempt to continually defame their opponents & get the biased media to repeat it.

Trump said he won’t take a deal without a wall, Pelosi said she won’t take a deal with a wall. They are both intransigent.

But then again, Trump did say that he would own the shutdown.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe, maybe not. Trump seems to signal different things to different groups of people. Not a good way to reach a deal.

“Trump has sent mixed signals over his willingness to do make a deal on “Dreamers”—immigrants brought into the country illegally as children. He told reporters on Thursday that he was interested in doing an immigration deal simultaneously with the current fight over the border wall, adding that the administration “could help the dreamers.”

But he indicated to senators during a closed-door policy lunch this week that he was not interested in making a deal on the Obama-era Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.”

I think he wants to but he has painted himself into a corner. The whole problem is we have two extremes in our political system, the most active elements are at odds over the whole issue and uninterested in compromise. I think Republicans were getting very indignant with the mainstream politicians of both parties over the immigration issues and wanted a hard line, Trump promised to provide that and he needs to keep that promise. I understand why he is doing it and God knows I empathize but I'm not impressed with his tactics. No compromise is not how things get done in Washington, as sickening as that might be for the right to pallet they will have to cut a deal now from a position of strength or may find them in a position where they are powerless to stop an agenda of open boarders. Would to God it were otherwise but that's the situation as I see it.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I may be wrong, but, isn't Trump just doing many of the things that other Presidents "said" they would do in a campaign but never "did" them?

I have heard that both moving the embassy to Jerusalem and building the wall were talked about and promised in the past by both Dem's and Rep's.

From what I understand, they were promised as a platform for getting elected but never came to fruition due to the fact that all the other Presidents were puppets of the powers that really run the country and were commanded to stand down.. promise but never do it.

Now, Trump is the President and he is condemned for saying things that other politicians have already been saying for years.. However, he owes nobody. Nobody "owns" him and he is actually doing things that should have been done, for the betterment of the USA and the world..

Thing is, the powers that be can only use the media to paint him as a lunatic or as an idiot..

They are so enraged that he spoiled their plans and the people elected him.. that they cannot just let it go.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Now that DACA is going before the SCOTUS, to determine its "Constitutionality", it would be foolish for any negotiating to be based around it.

I've said it numerous times in these debates on the forum, the Democrats in the House need to reintroduce a bill with the exact language of the 2013 Immigration Reform that passed in the Senate.
It had border security and a path to citizenship. The D's in the House need to do this. They should be able pass it, then send to the Senate. It passed in the Senate with 68 votes the first time, all the democrats voted for it. Chuck Schumer was a sponsor the first go around and introduced the bill.
As I see it, the hold up would be McConnell and Trump and whether or not they really want to address this issue or they are just mouthing.

btw, my Senator (Alexander R-TN) has suggested that this is a possible solution for ending the shut-down - although he thinks the the GOP led Senate can do it (which is nonsense). The concept isn't that far-fetched.

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Now that DACA is going before the SCOTUS, to determine its "Constitutionality", it would be foolish for any negotiating to be based around it.

I've said it numerous times in these debates on the forum, the Democrats in the House need to reintroduce a bill with the exact language of the 2013 Immigration Reform that passed in the Senate.
It had border security and a path to citizenship. The D's in the House need to do this. They should be able pass it, then send to the Senate. It passed in the Senate with 68 votes the first time, all the democrats voted for it. Chuck Schumer was a sponsor the first go around and introduced the bill.
As I see it, the hold up would be McConnell and Trump and whether or not they really want to address this issue or they are just mouthing.

btw, my Senator (Alexander R-TN) has suggested that this is a possible solution for ending the shut-down - although he thinks the the GOP led Senate can do it (which is nonsense). The concept isn't that far-fetched.

Absolutely - 100% agree.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump said he won’t take a deal without a wall, Pelosi said she won’t take a deal with a wall. They are both intransigent.

But then again, Trump did say that he would own the shutdown.
He has also blamed the Democrats for the shutdown.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are so enraged that he spoiled their plans and the people elected him.. that they cannot just let it go.

Actually, they didn't. Most voters wanted Clinton. About 3 million more voters wanted her to be president than wanted Trump.

And he can't stand it. That's why he set up that rigged voter fraud commission, that imploded when he realized that the only known voter frauds were people who voted illegally for him.

Upvote 0

HarryS

Jan 12, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If true a proper response.

When one side comes to a negotiation without even considering the other side’s view it’s called an ultimatum.

You got it.
What is the other side's view?
Rep. Pelosi: "No." Clear enough?

Upvote 0

HarryS

Jan 12, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, they didn't. Most voters wanted Clinton. About 3 million more voters wanted her to be president than wanted Trump.

And he can't stand it. That's why he set up that rigged voter fraud commission, that imploded when he realized that the only known voter frauds were people who voted illegally for him.
We have a little provision in the US Constitution called the "Electoral College." When the Democrats win the presidency via the EC, it's a vital and fundamental Constitutional provision that prevents the most populous states from leaving the less populous states irrelevant. When the Democrats lose the electoral college, it's an obsolete, antique anachronism that thwarts The Will Of the People.

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0