Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For the record, the age of consent for sexual intercourse in Alabama is 16. Please note, that doesn’t make it right for a man in his 30s to have consensual sex with a 17 year old, but it isn’t illegal.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
For the record, the age of consent for sexual intercourse in Alabama is 16. Please note, that doesn’t make it right for a man in his 30s to have consensual sex with a 17 year old, but it isn’t illegal.

True, a consensual sexual act between a 16 year old high school sophomore and a 32 year old DA and lawyer is legal, although PROFOUNDLY disturbing, and somewhat nauseating to me.

Any sexual activity with a 14 year old, or unwanted sexual activity performed on a 16 year old is illegal.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is hypocrisy though. He gets all riled up about morality when he has a not so moral behavior pattern. This kind of thing is a very poor witness.
And even if he did do it, his opponent supports the murder of babies, which is much, much worse.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
True, a consensual sexual act between a 16 year old high school sophomore and a 32 year old DA and lawyer is legal, although PROFOUNDLY disturbing, and somewhat nauseating to me.

Any sexual activity with a 14 year old, or unwanted sexual activity performed on a 16 year old is illegal.
Yes, that’s what I thought I said.

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And even if he did do it, his opponent supports the murder of babies, which is much, much worse.
I know of no one who supports the murder of babies.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It's usually not good for a 17 year old to be having sex with anyone, regardless of age. Of course, if we're talking about dating rather than sex, it's another matter entirely.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's usually not good for a 17 year old to be having sex with anyone, regardless of age. Of course, if we're talking about dating rather than sex, it's another matter entirely.
Agreed. I believe I said that when I wrote “that doesn’t make it right.” My point was simply that if he had consensual sex with anyone 16 or over it wasn’t illegal. I’m certainly not defending this man in any way. If I lived in AL he would not be getting my vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sexual harassment has been going on for so long. It's ugly and despicable. However, my question is simply, why did these women wait so long to come out with it?

As for President Trump speaking his opinion about Roy Moore, it he not entitled to an opinion?

This election is about Alabama constituents doing their civic duty and it is their decision to make.

As another poster said here, where is the evidence and pictures, etc against Moore?

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
hmmm...sex between two consenting adults or molesting underage girls? And you see no difference between these things?

Sex between the most powerful man on the planet and a lowly intern is ethical to you? You do understand the concept of power dynamic, right?

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sex between the most powerful man on the planet and a lowly intern is ethical to you? You do understand the concept of power dynamic, right?
Do YOU understand the concept of power dynamic? Do you really think women in such a situation have no power?

Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades

Humans are sexual creatures. Sex and power perform a very complicated dance. To suggest that the women have no power just because the man has a lot of "overt" power is completely missing the nuances of the human dynamic.

Top 10 Biggest Divorce Settlements In History

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do YOU understand the concept of power dynamic? Do you really think women in such a situation have no power?

Harvey Weinstein Paid Off Sexual Harassment Accusers for Decades

Humans are sexual creatures. Sex and power perform a very complicated dance. To suggest that the women have no power just because the man has a lot of "overt" power is completely missing the nuances of the human dynamic.

Top 10 Biggest Divorce Settlements In History

I never said that she had no power. I do think it is unethical to date someone who works for you, but the far left keeps insisting that women have no agency of their own in these situations, so I was asking why this was an exception.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said that she had no power. I do think it is unethical to date someone who works for you, but the far left keeps insisting that women have no agency of their own in these situations, so I was asking why this was an exception.
Sorry. Misunderstood.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do understand sex between two adults (power dynamics or not) is different then between an adult and a kid right? If you want to get even MORE blunt: sex between two adults isn't the same as groping a 16 year old behind some dumpsters or fondling a 14 year old. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps make his position a little clearer) :)

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You do understand sex between two adults (power dynamics or not) is different then between an adult and a kid right? If you want to get even MORE blunt: sex between two adults isn't the same as groping a 16 year old behind some dumpsters or fondling a 14 year old. :wave:
tulc(hopes that helps make his position a little clearer) :)

Absolutely, but I consider both unethical, so there's only a matter of degrees of wrongness for me. Although, you keep bringing up consent... What about the times when it wasn't consenting? We are talking about Bill "put ice on it" Clinton, after all.

Hope that helps make my confusion at your position a little clearer.

Upvote 0