Trump tweets that DOJ should go after Clinton aide Huma Abedin and FBI director James Comey

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
'Jail!' Trump slams 'crooked' Hillary aide Huma, calls on 'Deep State' DOJ to act

“Crooked Hillary Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin, has been accused of disregarding basic security protocols. She put Classified Passwords into the hands of foreign agents. Remember sailors pictures on the submarine? Jail!” Trump tweeted early Tuesday. “Deep State Justice Dept must finally act? Also on Comey & others.”

Trump was referring to U.S. Navy Sailor Kristian Saucier, who was put in prison for taking unauthorized photos inside a nuclear submarine. He seemed to suggest a double standard is at play, compared with the lack of punishment for Clinton and her aides.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I guess that the new year will be no different than the old one?
A new day ... a new tweet.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Trump unaware that he is in charge of the DOJ? If he wants to pursue a prosecution he can order the DOJ to do so. The only way any "deep state" within the Executive Branch could wield any power at all is if the President allows it to. If he feels the Navy Seaman is getting a raw deal he can pardon him. If he believes Huma Abedin is guilty of wrongdoing he can order the DOJ to pursue prosecution. This whining about the deep state by Trump is ridiculous since he has the legal right to remove anyone in the Executive Branch that he feels is undermining him. After a year he ought to have already done that.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
This whining about the deep state by Trump is ridiculous since he has the legal right to remove anyone in the Executive Branch that he feels is undermining him. After a year he ought to have already done that.
How's his removal of James Comey from the FBI been working out?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not so great. He got replaced by a professional. Now gotta can another one as well as Mueller. And can’t run off Sessions! What’s a Prez to do?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is Trump unaware that he is in charge of the DOJ? If he wants to pursue a prosecution he can order the DOJ to do so. The only way any "deep state" within the Executive Branch could wield any power at all is if the President allows it to. If he feels the Navy Seaman is getting a raw deal he can pardon him. If he believes Huma Abedin is guilty of wrongdoing he can order the DOJ to pursue prosecution. This whining about the deep state by Trump is ridiculous since he has the legal right to remove anyone in the Executive Branch that he feels is undermining him. After a year he ought to have already done that.

I don't think Trump understands the powers of the president.

It's unlikely that anyone near him wants to harm the rule of law by having the DOJ actually act on Trumps ranting wish to prosecute his political enemies so they probably haven't informed him.

The other possibility is that he did order it and isn't willing to fire them for the soft insubordination of them not really caring to put a high priority on doing what he asks.

And still another possibility is that since he changes his mind so much they are just waiting to see if he forgets before becoming serious about any task.

Legally being the President and having the capability to effectively wield the powers of the office are two entirely differn't things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Why don't you tell me? Do you think it was a mistake? I would say one of his mistakes was not firing him last January as soon as Trump took office and another was picking a politician to run the DOJ. A politician who would recuse himself while allowing deputy to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate whatever the special prosecutor wanted to investigate based upon the desire of the political opposition to do so. A special prosecutor who has obvious conflict of interest issues greatly exceed the ones causing the political animal that Trump appointed to be Attorney General to recuse himself. The conflict of interest by the special prosecutor owing to the fact that his friend that was fired by Trump (Comey ) admitted under oath that he leaked information to the press because he was attempting to get him (Mueller) placed in the position of special prosecutor by leaking information to the press. Mueller was not only Comey's desired special prosecutor but also the assistant AG's preferred pick. What a coincidence! Trump obviously has no clue as to what underlings can do if they are more motivated more by political self interest than they are by pleasing the person in charge. His background did not prepare him for dirty politics as he never had to engage in office politics himself always already being at the top of the food chain. His private sector employees would never have the idea that they could prosper in his organization by openly doing things to thwart him and undermine his authority. He just has no experience dealing with that situation, not enough imagination to consider the possibility in advance and too great an ego to believe that people didn't find him so wonderful that they would willingly change their views and their behavior to help him succeed. Whining about things one has control over but refusing to take control of them is not an adult way of dealing with reality. It is a somewhat leftist way of doing things as blaming others or circumstances caused by others for one's predicament ( the 1% , white privilege, Jews, the bourgeoisie, corporate greed) is the cornerstone of leftist thought. IMO Trump is at heart a leftist with a somewhat conservative/populist agenda.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't seem to be enjoying the Mueller investigation all that much, and that was a direct consequence.

From my perspective, it is a direct consequence of not firing him earlier and appointing the wrong AG. Doing the right thing too late often leads to lack of enjoyment. Holding on to the status quo in hopes of avoiding unenjoyable reaction is a poor excuse for continuing to do the wrong thing.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not to mention hiring all those people who have been arrested or convicted.

I think we may have a d slightly different idea of the meaning of the word "all".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
IMO Trump is at heart a leftist with a somewhat conservative/populist agenda.
I'd only argue that politically Trump is about where Democrats were twenty years ago rather than where the party is today.

As for Sessions, yeah, his decision making has been suspect since throwing in with Trump rather than Cruz in the primaries. Still, Sessions has enforced immigration law.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd only argue that politically Trump is about where Democrats were twenty years ago rather than where the party is today.

As for Sessions, yeah, his decision making has been suspect since throwing in with Trump rather than Cruz in the primaries. Still, Sessions has enforced immigration law.

Being not entirely incompetent is not a phrase I would want to put on my resume.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Being not entirely incompetent is not a phrase I would want to put on my resume.
Maybe not for you and me ... but a semi-competent politician these days is several steps above the norm.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0