Trump tweets ICE plans mass arrests/removals to begin next week

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I don't really think nationality means anything at all to The almighty creator. I'm more inclined to think that He would want us to have a welcoming and gracious heart to everyone, including outsider.

The Samaritan and all that...

Not exactly true. The Samaritan was a citizen as well as the guy he helped. The OT taught there were three kinda of people, a citizen a legal immigrant who had the rights of citizenship and the foreigners who dis not have the same rights as citizens. The NT taught that it was the governments job to protect it's citizens and enforce the laws

It also taught us to be kind and not mistreat people. In essence we should enforce our laws and send them home, but we shouldn't mistreat them while doing so.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah, Benjamin Franklin had the same complaints about the Germans immigrating into Pennsylvania “not speaking the King’s English!”, too and they turned out “okay”.
So...

I doubt very much he cares so much about the legals. Most people think legal immigration is great! Even Trump does and he's proved it.

It's the illegals that bother us legal immigrants.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Not exactly true. The Samaritan was a citizen as well as the guy he helped. The OT taught there were three kinda of people, a citizen a legal immigrant who had the rights of citizenship and the foreigners who dis not have the same rights as citizens. The NT taught that it was the governments job to protect it's citizens and enforce the laws

It also taught us to be kind and not mistreat people. In essence we should enforce our laws and send them home, but we shouldn't mistreat them while doing so.
Did Jesus tell us to welcome or push away the vulnerable?
Do you remember how God told Israelites to welcome people? Because that was part of the OT as well. In fact it was described ( can't remember the verse) as part of the reason for the destruction of Sodom and Gommorrah.

If you look in Ezekial, it states: "Sodom never did what you and your daughters have done....She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me."
Jeepers....who does THIS describe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps he wants them to start leaving voluntarily. Or not, im just speculating.
If that was the case the administration would be strengthening and enforcing e-verify.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I doubt very much he cares so much about the legals. Most people think legal immigration is great! Even Trump does and he's proved it.

It's the illegals that bother us legal immigrants.
To be sure. And I agree with you about ordinary illegal economic migration. For one thing, such migration could be reduced to negligible levels by enforcing existing laws about employing undocumented foreigners, a step the Trump administration seems unwilling to take.
For another, the present kerfluffle is not about illegal economic migrants from Mexico, but about refugees seeking asylum. Granted, the present disorder at the border has to be dealt with but I am disturbed by the lack of humanitarian concern for these people.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ICE officials said late Monday night that they were not aware that the president planned to divulge their enforcement plans on Twitter.
Large-scale ICE enforcement operations are typically kept secret to avoid tipping off targets.

Sure, but you're not a grandmaster of 17th dimensional chess.

President Trump said in a tweet Monday night that U.S. immigration agents are planning to make mass arrests starting “next week,” an apparent reference to a plan in preparation for months that aims to round up thousands of migrant parents and children in a blitz operation across major U.S. cities.

“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States,” Trump wrote, referring to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Found a parallel moment in history:

"...to portray the '____' as sub-human, inferior beings who were interested primarily in their own economic gain..."

The parallels are interesting:

"____" used the "_____" as a scapegoat, blaming them for "_______" economic and social problems. The '____' party promised to resolve these issues, and in 1932 won 37% of the vote."
Background: Life Before the Holocaust

It's amazing also how ordinary German citizens became more and more willing cooperators or willing to be silent or choosing to be unaware bystanders to this gigantic crime against humanity. But even then few realized the ultimate goals the inner circle of the party was after.

It started so slowly.

The steps were gradual.

But the initial blaming -- that was dramatic in a way.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Just wow.
Who says it cannot happen here?
You have to be aware of history if you want to have a chance to avoid repeating it.

In my scheme of the German state, there will be no room for the alien, no use for the wastrel, for the usurer or speculator, or anyone incapable of productive work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So what is your answer? Let in millions and give them all Health Care and Welfare? Can we afford that?
Why is that the only alternative? Can we not let in some, assist Mexico to keep others and take positive steps to ameliorate the dire conditions from which these Central Americans are fleeing?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is that the only alternative? Can we not let in some, assist Mexico to keep others and take positive steps to ameliorate the dire conditions from which these Central Americans are fleeing?
Sure. We can do that.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So what is your answer? Let in millions and give them all Health Care and Welfare? Can we afford that?
As a christian, first we have to answer MY question. Then we would try to generate a policy that supports the answer of that question.

To answer YOUR question though. Yes, I believe if you appropriately taxed the "uber" wealthy it absolutely would be possible. MOST people want to work for money; even and especially refugees and migrants.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As a christian, first we have to answer MY question. Then we would try to generate a policy that supports the answer of that question.

To answer YOUR question though. Yes, I believe if you appropriately taxed the "uber" wealthy it absolutely would be possible. MOST people want to work for money; even and especially refugees and migrants.
But if you overtax the rich it will only be passed onto the poor, and also might not be good economically. Adding more people to a bad economic situation will only make things worse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But if you overtax the rich it will only be passed onto the poor, and also might not be good economically. Adding more people to a bad economic situation will only make things worse.
I'm not advocating that you overtax Bezos to the point where he's living in a 2 bedroom bungalow in detroit because that's all he can afford.
I accept and understand the importance of the profit motive.

But that money could be used in positive appropriate ways that would not "be passed onto the poor". I don't necessarily think that a conduit of money out of Gates' house and into the projects is a good idea either. But that money could be used to teach some good life skills, provide adequate housing for the broken.

I mean, it's been pretty clearly stated that 1 American billionaire COULD solve the clean water crisis for the entire world. Heck, one multimillionaire could step in and fix Flint's water problem. They just seem more concerned about the Notre Dame.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He always says things like that, bragging what great things he has done or will do. I only believe things like this when I see them.
I live in a little Mexico area in AZ. at least they think it is. I am the only white for blocks and they are as arrogant as always. They are coming in, not leaving. Maybe it is that they don't understand English and so they are oblivious. Most here don't speak any English or understand it..

The original inhabitants of the land you speak of were not English speaking ;)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But if you overtax the rich it will only be passed onto the poor, and also might not be good economically.
Our government is in place largely to prevent capitalism from turning our republic into a de facto feudal system, wherein the “haves” have and the “have-nots” survive on the crumbs left on the table.

Every once in a while the government needs to step in and yes, redistribute wealth, from the tippy-top to the bottom, so that the whole process can begin anew.

Those in the tippy-top will use whatever means available to them to maintain their hegemonies, arguing that such a redistribution is a “good idea, but not for right now!”

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our government is in place largely to prevent capitalism from turning our republic into a de facto feudal system, wherein the “haves” have and the “have-nots” survive on the crumbs left on the table.

Every once in a while the government needs to step in and yes, redistribute wealth, from the tippy-top to the bottom, so that the whole process can begin anew.

Those in the tippy-top will use whatever means available to them to maintain their hegemonies, arguing that such a redistribution is a “good idea, but not for right now!”
Crumbs? There is opportunity in america, thats why the illegals want in. They have crumbs in their own country.

• Agree
Upvote 0