loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump tweet mocking Greta Thunberg sparks backlash
President Trump's Thursday morning tweet criticizing 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has sparked considerable backlash among Democratic lawmakers and presidential candidates.

In his tweet, Trump said it was "ridiculous" that Thunberg had been named Time's "Person of the Year," adding that she needed to "work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!"

"Chill Greta, Chill!" Trump added.
oddly I can only seem to find Democrats who think the President of the United States attacking a 16 year old is a bad thing...anyone have a link where a Republican says it was wrong? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

oddly I can only seem to find Democrats who think the President of the United States attacking a 16 year old is a bad thing...anyone have a link where a Republican says it was wrong? :scratch:
Where are Greta’s parents in all of this? They put her in the political arena yelling at adults at the UN. Adults that invited and liked what she had to say.

Couple of points. The President should have ignored this opportunity.

Greta’s parents should know if you suit up your kids and send them in the arena as an adult you should expect a response. I guess they thought like many political action groups that if you put a script in front of a kid or have them memorize propaganda and then spout it, most won’t respond because hey they are kids. That is the travesty in this narrative. Greta is a pawn of her parents and the climate propaganda machine.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Trump could not withstand being treated the way that he treats Greta Thunberg & so many other people.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...if you'd like to discuss her parents shouldn't you start a thread about them? This thread is about what's in the OP. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)
Well you asked about why some are not piping up. I gave you a reason.

Her parents and political handlers suit this young teen up for the arena and wonder why in shock clutching their pearls why people respond.

Greta like many her age have been fed the hysterical narrative that they will be living in a post apocalyptic world. This was thrust upon them by ideologues who are cashing in on the fear of youth. A pox on them for doing this to kids. I view Greta as a victim of this hysterical propaganda.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
uhmmm...if you'd like to discuss her parents shouldn't you start a thread about them? This thread is about what's in the OP. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion) :)

If anyone's parents are going to be discussed in this thread about Trump's unacceptable behaviour it should be his parents.

• Haha
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you asked about why some are not piping up. (snip)
No, I asked if anyone had a link to any Republicans taking President Trump to task for attacking a 16 year old girl. I thought that was pretty clear in the OP. That you apparently would like to discuss several other things is why I suggested (and do so again) you should start another thread where people could could discuss the things you'd rather talk about instead. :wave:
tulc(hopes that clears up any misunderstanding) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If anyone's parents are going to be discussed in this thread about Trump's unacceptable behaviour it should be his parents.
in fairness, this thread isn't really about President Trumps parents either. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I asked if anyone had a link to any Republicans taking President Trump to task for attacking a 16 year old girl. I thought that was pretty clear in the OP. That you apparently would like to discuss several other things is why I suggested (and do so again) you should start another thread where people could could discuss the things you'd rather talk about instead. :wave:
tulc(hopes that clears up any misunderstanding) :)
It’s the other side of the issue you ignored in your OP. Why is a young teen being used to make multinational speeches and not expect a response?

The answer is your OP. We are discussing how a teen is receiving criticism. Which is exactly what her handlers expect and can gasp in shock that “How dare they” scrutinize a child!

It’s the ultimate “self licking ice cream cone.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People are afraid of movements. They killed Jesus and He wasn't even on the cover of Time. No Nicodemus thus far in the Republican ranks. But realistically, why say anything against Trump. Let the circus continue as people forget about the wall in their lust for new scandal.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s the other side of the issue you ignored in your OP (snip)
It's always interesting watching people try and "improve" an OP by trying really hard to make it about something they want to talk about instead of simply starting another thread to discuss what they really want to talk about. It's as if they can't find any Republicans that are taking President Trump to task for attacking a 16 year old girl and instead of just admitting there don't seem to be any Republicans that have a problem with it they want to discuss a bunch of other things instead. :scratch:
tulc(supposes redleghunter could just say that) :sorry:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's always interesting watching people try and "improve" an OP by trying really hard to make it about something they want to talk about instead of simply starting another thread to discuss what they really want to talk about. It's as if they can't find any Republicans that are taking President Trump to task for attacking a 16 year old girl and instead of just admitting there don't seem to be any Republicans that have a problem with it they want to discuss a bunch of other things instead. :scratch:
Dunno tulc...maybe look at “Pierre Delecto” Twitter feed. You might find it there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's as if they can't find any Republicans that are taking President Trump to task for attacking a 16 year old girl and instead of just admitting there don't seem to be any Republicans that have a problem with it they want to discuss a bunch of other things instead. :scratch:
Again Greta is a public figure making global political speeches on climate change and yelling at adults. She’s fair political fodder entering in adult conversations.

All Trump commented according to your piece was that Time was wrong to choose her as person of the year. Then gave some advice of what a teen would be doing this time of year with friends.

I mean if Time with their leftwards lean wanted someone who rocked the world with climate change proposals and became the central figure in her own party forcing the hand of Nancy Pelosi then Time should have chosen an adult who actually accomplished something like getting elected and changing the 2020 Democratic presidential narrative. That would be Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,971.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It seems right-wing voices have better things to do but I'll bet if left were in power they would find a reason to avoid the movement also. Politics and finance are not about the people or what is right. It takes a child to understand that. Greta Thunberg apologizes for 'against the wall' comment

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look up “Pierre Delecto.” It will become apparent.
so...no you don't have a link and you can't summarize what it's about. And you can't actually discuss anything in the OP. It seems you don't really have anything to say about the OP. Kind begs the question why you would'd want to post in thread that you don't have any desire to talk about what the thread is about. Maybe you should start a thread about something you do want to discuss? :scratch:
tulc(seems like the easiest solution all around) :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.