Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,513.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You know what else Emerson polling says (December National Poll: Biden and Sanders Pull Away from the Pack as Warren Falls):

Looking at the general election, Trump is now trailing three of his major potential rivals and is tied at 50% with Buttigieg. Biden and Sanders lead 52% to 48% and Warren leads 51% to 49%. This is a change from the November national poll, where Trump led against Biden and Buttigieg and was tied with Warren.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,513.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you should have read the link before popping the champagne:

"Against Joe Biden, Trump receives 12% of the black vote. Against Sen. Bernie Sanders, it was 14%. And against Sen. Elizabeth Warren, it was 17%."

Now, I grant you, that's more than the 8% he received against Clinton -- but still, in the unlikely event that Warren gets the nod, having only 83% of a demographic against you is hardly praiseworthy.

Don't get me wrong -- Donald's reelection is pretty much in the bag, but it won't be because of the black vote any more than his upcoming acquittal will be based on the merits of the case.
Also keep in mind that that when polls start breaking down the responses into smaller and smaller buckets the error bars get larger. For example, the poll cited showing huge support by minority voters - it had an error of like +/- 8% or more due to the small sample size.

I've noticed in more than one thread posts which were very excited about what looks like random noise in polling data. Not sure if it is trying to sweep the sampling issue under the rug or just unaware of it. But understanding the data does bring some reality back to the counter the claims.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Also keep in mind that that when polls start breaking down the responses into smaller and smaller buckets the error bars get larger. For example, the poll cited showing huge support by minority voters - it had an error of like +/- 8% or more due to the small sample size.

I've noticed in more than one thread posts which were very excited about what looks like random noise in polling data. Not sure if it is trying to sweep the sampling issue under the rug or just unaware of it. But understanding the data does bring some reality back to the counter the claims.

It's also interesting to note that Donald's general approval rating has been static. If he's gaining the black vote, he's losing it somewhere else.

Upvote 0