• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,709
    Methodist
    Married
    Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

On Saturday, protesters in the country called upon Khamenei to step down after Iran admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner on which dozens of Iranian citizens were traveling. That evening, the president sent out a tweet in Farsi, saying that he stands with their efforts.

“To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote
    .​

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I'm thinking he didn't really write that himself. He had someone else write it for him. Now if he would just have someone else write the tweets he sends out in English we would all be better off.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+5,830
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Likely he does. They follow a formula and have a pattern that Trump could never consistently reproduce himself. Here is the pattern

blah blah blahhh
    blah blah
    Blah ...bla ...bla ..blah!!!!!!
    Terrible!

I'm not being facetious. It's like Hoku poetry.
    They are really not his style.

4. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    There are some that are "official" tweets written by his staff, but the blather comes straight from him. I have mixed feelings about it. Presidents usually take the high road and allow proxies to handle responses to criticism. Trump responds on his own. And it is seldom pretty.

5. The_Barmecide

The_Barmecide Well-Known Member

+566
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Kudos to whomever in the Trump administration even KNEW that "Farsi" was the language of Iran! I'm really impressed Trump would accidentally hire someone with that level of knowledge of the world!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. The_Barmecide

The_Barmecide Well-Known Member

+566
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    I'm always surprised at how juvenile and stupid his "counterpunches" come across as. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but you'd think he'd HAVE to have developed some understanding that he's not that bright and he should utilize OTHERS to draft his responses more often!

But that's what a life lived without ever having to take responsibility for mistakes will get you!

7. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+11,672
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I’m impressed when he manages a tweet with proper English.

8. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,495
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    The courage being shown by the Christians of Iran is amazing.

Fastest growing church has no buildings, no central leadership, and is mostly led by women | God Reports

9. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+5,711
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    ...and often petty...

10. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+8,625
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Didn't take long for them to come up with that one.
    If Trump did something good --
    it couldn't have been Trump.

Jeepers
    What time do the polls open?
    Let's get this show on the road.
    M-Bob

11. HTacianas

+4,716
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I don't think Trump speaks farsi.

12. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+18,350
    Agnostic
    Single
    Been a while, hasn't it?

13. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+4,125
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
  14. Allandavid

+5,711
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    He does...but unfortunately it’s when he’s supposed to be speaking English...

15. grasping the after wind

grasping the after wind That's grasping after the wind

+3,622
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    So Trump is much like us here of CF then?

16. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,107
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Their hatred will only grow until November. If Trump wins, I'll be here to watch all the fireworks that will no doubt happen afterwards.

Side note: Have you noticed how those who claim that the Iranian people who hated their government had become united with their government because Trump killed their beloved General? Well, now that the government there has admitted lying about shooting down the airliner, the people are now even more against their government leaders. But Trump's critics seem rather quiet about that for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  17. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,476
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No, it wasn't Trump who wrote that tweet in Farsi because he has the intellectual speech level of a fourth-grader. He can barely communicate in coherent sentences in English with 280 characters or less without misspelling basic words like hamburgers, ridiculous, honor, and smoking (What are you smocking? A brief guide to Trump's many misspellings). He once said he wanted to promote lasting peach in Israel. He also said the Continental Army took over airports during the Revolutionary War.

The picture below shows a letter that Trump wrote to an English teacher. He sent her this letter. As you can see, the teacher corrected his spelling and his grammar. She sent the letter back to him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  18. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+6,107
    Non-Denom
    Single
    How gracious of her to thank the president for writing a letter to her by pointing out every flaw she sees and then send it back to him! I sure wouldn't want to be a friend/pen pal of hers. I'd hear nuthing back from her except what she tinks is wrong about what I sez.

19. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,476
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, it is an unpresidented act when he manages to speak in coherent sentences in proper English.

20. Allandavid

+5,711
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    That’s a cop-out.

People criticise Trump because he’s next to useless....not because they hate him. Some may do, but it’s soooo much easier to simply recognise his complete unsuitability for the position that was bestowed upon him.