United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump tweeting on Cinquo de Mayo:
Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics! https://t.co/ufoTeQd8yA pic.twitter.com/k01Mc6CuDI

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 5, 2016
Ms. Murguía said the tweet from the presumptive Republican nominee had “hit the Trump trifecta: clueless, offensive and self-promoting. What we have heard from Trump is what he has said and proposed: building a wall, supporting mass deportation and an end to birthright citizenship,” she said.

Ms. Murguía also said that Mr. Trump had missed the mark on his Cinco de Mayo menu choice. “I don’t know that any self-respecting Latino would even acknowledge that a taco bowl is part of our culture.”
(Source:NYTimes)
Go Trump!

Reactions: GoldenBoy89

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you guys finally found someone you hate more that Sarah Palin. Seriously, I am happy for you. You need an outlet for all that vile and vitriol, lest it simply boil under the surface and lead to potential poor health. Foam and ferment on.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you guys finally found someone you hate more that Sarah Palin. Seriously, I am happy for you. You need an outlet for all that vile and vitriol, lest it simply boil under the surface and lead to potential poor health. Foam and ferment on.

At the moment I think I'm more amused at the idiotic short fingered vulgarian than angry. I may become angry if he's elected president though. So thanks for thinking of us!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all that vile and vitriol, lest it simply boil under the surface
Um, "vile" is an adjective, not a noun, so maybe that should be "all that vile vitriol" or "all that vitriolic vileness"?

And "fester" might be a better choice than "boil".

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not even a complete sentence. What exactly is the off-topic point you are trying to make?
One of his gets criticized, he automatically shoots one of the opposition. Perhaps he mistakes that tactic for logic?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, "vile" is an adjective, not a noun, so maybe that should be "all that vile vitriol" or "all that vitriolic vileness"?

And "fester" might be a better choice than "boil".

That's the ticket. I bet you feel so much better about yourself.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
One of his gets criticized, he automatically shoots one of the opposition. Perhaps he mistakes that tactic for logic?

"You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!"

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wonder if Trump understands that a Taco Salad is an American invention?

I wonder if he knows that Cinco de Mayo is mostly celebrated in the United States and not Mexico?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the ticket. I bet you feel so much better about yourself.
Well, if you're going to insult someone, you should word it in such a way that doesn't make them go :scratch:^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if Trump understands that a Taco Salad is an American invention?
I wonder if he knows that Cinco de Mayo is mostly celebrated in the United States and not Mexico?
He may actually know and he may actually understand, but I don't think he cares. He's speaking to his audience.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There always has to be someone to take it out on, doesn't there? Who was it before Palin? Well, Newt Gingrich, I suppose, if we don't count George W. Bush who dared to take a week's working vacation at his own ranch (what a difference from our present leader, huh, who golfs as often as he works and takes a hundred people on world tours at taxpayer expense!?) ;)

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There always has to be someone to take it out on, doesn't there? Who was it before Palin? Well, Newt Gingrich, I suppose, if we don't count George W. Bush who dared to take a week's working vacation at his own ranch (what a difference from our present leader, huh, who golfs as often as he works and takes a hundred people on world tours at taxpayer expense!?) ;)
The entire point of people to hate is a joke, and pretty much meaningless in politics.

I know this understanding the right does the same except using Carter, Clinton, Obama, another Clinton, Soros and a slew of others on the left hated by the right. The entire line of thought here is juvenile.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.