United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Buzzfeed said:
President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ssia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

I'm hearing that there are lots of sources - including documents - that support this.

Chris Hayes twitted that this is part of what brought Nixon down. Interesting.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Ringo

Last edited:

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ssia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

I'm hearing that there are lots of sources - including documents - that support this.

Ringo

Perhaps it is just depression, but I am beginning to think that the entire American government is participating in a plot to destroy America.

I am so very tired of all of this. Just tonight I read speculation that in return for Russian help in gaining the presidency, Trump promised to award Syria to Russia.

I really want Trump to be just too stupid to be able to hold the job, but more and more it is looking like just old fashioned treason. And if that is the case, one almost has to believe the Republican leadership in Congress are traitors also. And we are just two weeks into the Democrats in charge of the House and even they are starting to look suspicious.

I am so very tired tonight.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps it is just depression, but I am beginning to think that the entire American government is participating in a plot to destroy America.

I am so very tired of all of this. Just tonight I read speculation that in return for Russian help in gaining the presidency, Trump promised to award Syria to Russia.

I really want Trump to just too stupid to be able to hold the job, but more and more it is looking like just old fashioned treason. And if that is the case, one almost has to believe the Republican leadership in Congress are traitors also. And we are just two weeks into the Democrats in charge of the House and even they are starting to look suspicious.

We all are. We've been living a nightmare scenario since at least November 8, 2016.

I hope this means we can get rid of him soon.
Ringo

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
We all are. We've been living a nightmare scenario since at least November 8, 2016.

I hope this means we can get rid of him soon.
Ringo

Congress is the best hope of getting rid of him, but if they are compromised........

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,546.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Congress is the best hope of getting rid of him, but if they are compromised........
Yeah, american government has been compromised since the seventies when corporations where allowed to provide campaign funding. Now it's just other countries getting into the game, too.

Give it a few more years and your country is into the poor house and will gladly sell itself out for pocket money to Chy-na.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

Ringo

Trump tower Moscow was obviously the motive, the internal polling data that Manafort handed to the Russians demonstrates collusion, and this information demonstrates obstruction of justice.

Why on Earth don't the Republicans today do what the Republicans did during the Nixon fiasco and demand that Trump resign at this point? Trump has already cost them the House. At this rate the Republicans will lose the Presidency, and the Senate in the next election too. Trump has already disgraced his party, and he's utterly destroying it on a day by day basis. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. It's time for the Republicans to grow a pair and dump Trump. If they don't, their party will never recover from this mess. Ronald Reagan must be rolling over in his grave by now watching Republicans collude with the "evil empire".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ringo
“The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.”

I’m wondering how the Fox News crowd is going to make that kind of damning evidence into a fake news witch hunt nothingburger? They’ve been saying for a while that Cohen is a liar as if there was no corroborating evidence.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"After Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress" but after he changes his tune, well then, now he speaks God's honest truth. Sorry but credibility calls for truthfulness when a person lies to Congress, or even in a local courtroom, I do believe it blows their credibility. In the case of the President, I think the crucial importance of credibility is higher than the ordinary average citizen such as you or I. Cohen made a deal for a reduced sentence only because they threw the book at him...gee that's a clever idea when you're wanting a specific outcome.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Trump tower Moscow was obviously the motive, the internal polling data that Manafort handed to the Russians demonstrates collusion, and this information demonstrates obstruction of justice.

Why on Earth don't the Republicans today do what the Republicans did during the Nixon fiasco and demand that Trump resign at this point? Trump has already cost them the House. At this rate the Republicans will lose the Presidency, and the Senate in the next election too. Trump has already disgraced his party, and he's utterly destroying it on a day by day basis. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. It's time for the Republicans to grow a pair and dump Trump. If they don't, their party will never recover from this mess. Ronald Reagan must be rolling over in his grave by now watching Republicans collude with the "evil empire".
Because they think they can still protect their power by packing the courts with corrupt judges that will keep them in power. They're trying to insulate themselves against having to stand up against voters, WI and NC are perfect examples of this misconduct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Because they think they can still protect their power by packing the courts with corrupt judges that will keep them in power. They're trying to insulate themselves against having to stand up against voters, WI and NC are perfect examples of this misconduct.

The problem for the Republicans is that even the courts and corrupt judges can't and won't save their party from the wrath of the voters in 2020. They'll lose control of everything. Just look at their historic defeat in the house in the last election. That was nothing compared to the bloodbath they'll experience in the next election. Trump simply isn't worth it, just as Nixon wasn't worth it.

Trump has lied about his financial involvement with the Russians since day one, he's committed treason by colluding with the Russians during his campaign, and he's been obstructing justice all along, including the firing of James Comey and Jeff Sessions. Trump is a complete and total disaster for the Republican party. Trump even makes Nixon look 'clean' by comparison. Whatever Nixon's faults, at least he didn't commit treason.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"After Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress" but after he changes his tune, well then, now he speaks God's honest truth. Sorry but credibility calls for truthfulness when a person lies to Congress, or even in a local courtroom, I do believe it blows their credibility. In the case of the President, I think the crucial importance of credibility is higher than the ordinary average citizen such as you or I. Cohen made a deal for a reduced sentence only because they threw the book at him...gee that's a clever idea when you're wanting a specific outcome.

You don't need credibility when you have documentation.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You don't need credibility when you have documentation.

Actually, if you are a right winger and your target is the Clintons or Obama, you don’t need credibility or documentation.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I really want Trump to be just too stupid to be able to hold the job, but more and more it is looking like just old fashioned treason. And if that is the case, one almost has to believe the Republican leadership in Congress are traitors also. And we are just two weeks into the Democrats in charge of the House and even they are starting to look suspicious.

I have this fantasy about voting out 100% of Congress and replacing them all with Honor Roll high school kids

truthfully though, I'm appalled absolutely appalled by the Republican party during all of this.

The Republican response to "possible" collusion or influence of the Russian government on the American Political System is borderline treasonous. It's like the Republicans would rather tolerate Russian influence and collusion than admit the Democrats might be right.

Imagine if your daughter had a series of blue freckles show up on her forehead. You take her to the doctor and the doctor says, "Well, 95% of the time, these blue freckles appear when you've eaten too many blueberries but 5% of the time, it is a super rare form of blueberry cancer that infects the brain and kills the host if not treated immediately. Would you like us to test for the blueberry cancer?"
Any parent would instantly want to run the tests just to be sure. But instead, if this were the Republican party then they just throw their hands up and say, "Nah, no need for any tests, I'm sure it's nothing..."

Talk about putting party ahead of country... It is just sickening

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The problem for the Republicans is that even the courts and corrupt judges can't and won't save their party from the wrath of the voters in 2020. They'll lose control of everything. Just look at their historic defeat in the house in the last election. That was nothing compared to the bloodbath they'll experience in the next election. Trump simply isn't worth it, just as Nixon wasn't worth it.

Trump has lied about his financial involvement with the Russians since day one, he's committed treason by colluding with the Russians during his campaign, and he's been obstructing justice all along, including the firing of James Comey and Jeff Sessions. Trump is a complete and total disaster for the Republican party. Trump even makes Nixon look 'clean' by comparison. Whatever Nixon's faults, at least he didn't commit treason.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

I have come to believe that the Republican party does NOT want to be in charge of anything.
It is my belief that the Republican party is really at it's best when they are obstructing whatever it is that the Democrats want to do-- like during the Obama Administration.

The Republican party has some super dark bleeding Red States that no matter what will never turn Blue. So, the bloodbath that awaits them in 2020 will be more than enough for them to lose control of the White House and the House and Senate but it will not be enough to dislodge them from Congress, they'll easily still have 40% of the seats in Congress.

That is what they must want. It is far easier to stand on the sidelines yelling "Nay nay nay that's wrong wrong wrong..." when you don't have to actually come up with any solutions.

For 8 years the GOP beat its chest about how Obamacare was so bad and awful and how they have something better. ANd yet, when they came into power and had the White House, House, and Senate they couldn't deliver on 1/10th of the claims they had made...

It's so much easier to stand on the sidelines and blame the other side for being wrong...
It's much harder to actually accomplish something and lead...

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
I have come to believe that the Republican party does NOT want to be in charge of anything.
It is my belief that the Republican party is really at it's best when they are obstructing whatever it is that the Democrats want to do-- like during the Obama Administration.

That's a possibility I had not even considered. :(

I'm not a Republican, but I'm embarrassed for them at this point. Trump would evidently rather collude with and work with an organization that Reagan called the evil empire, and work with the Chinese rather than deal with the Democrats. How messed up is that?

You may be right about their desired role. The Republicans had two years to pass a bill that funded Trumps wall, that *Mexico* was supposed to pay for, but he vetoed them all. Now Trump tries to blame the Democrats for the longest shutdown in US history after claiming that he'd take the mantle and he claimed he'd be proud to shut down our government. Putin must be laughing at us at this point.

The Republicans did however pass a huge tax cut for the wealthy, and they've seated several Supreme court judges as well. That can't happen unless they're in power.

I really hope that you're wrong about their motives to work behind the scenes. It's just sad to watch the Grand Old Party become the right arm of Putin in America. They're destroying our nation now, and dividing us in every conceivable way.

I don't even think that Trump is as honorable as Nixon. He'll almost certainly require a full impeachment before he will give up power, and the Russians will simply sit back and enjoy the dog and pony show. Putin has played President Pinocchio like a true puppet master. :(

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

I'm not a Republican, but I'm embarrassed for them at this point. Trump would evidently rather collude with and work with an organization that Reagan called the evil empire, and work with the Chinese rather than deal with the Democrats. How messed up is that?

You may be right about their desired role. The Republicans had two years to pass a bill that funded Trumps wall, that *Mexico* was supposed to pay for, but he vetoed them all. Now Trump tries to blame the Democrats for the longest shutdown in US history after claiming that he'd take the mantle and he claimed he'd be proud to shut down our government. Putin must be laughing at us at this point.

The Republicans did however pass a huge tax cut for the wealthy, and they've seated several Supreme court judges as well. That can't happen unless they're in power.

I really hope that you're wrong about their motives to work behind the scenes. It's just sad to watch the Grand Old Party become the right arm of Putin in America. They're destroying our nation now, and dividing us in every conceivable way.

I don't even think that Trump is as honorable as Nixon. He'll almost certainly require a full impeachment before he will give up power, and the Russians will simply sit back and enjoy the dog and pony show. Putin has played President Pinocchio like a true puppet master. :(

IMMHO, impeaching Trump and removing him from office would be the single most brilliant thing the Republicans could do. Compared to the real American statesmen through our history, Mike Pence would be an awful president. Compared to Trump, he would be perceived by most Americans as worthy of election in his own right.

There just is not any good end to this nightmare.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You may be right about their desired role.

FWIW, I do not think Republicans are actually self aware or conscious of the fact that they don't want to be in charge.

You are right, they needed to be in charge to appoint the Supreme Court Justices/jokes but other than that, they don't want to be in power.

The basic problem with the Republican party is that they view themselves as America. Whatever they believe, they think that it is the best for America and Conversely, they view Democrats as "anti-America". You will often hear Republicans say stuff like "Well, if it makes liberals mad, then it must be good!"

So then everything is seen as black and white or rather Red and Blue. If a Democrat proposes something than Republicans will oppose it no matter what. You will hear them throw the term "socialist" around as if Socialism is a bad thing. If you look at our country, it is a mix of Capitalism and Socialism and that is optimal. You'd need only look at history during the age of Robber Barons and Monopolies etc to know that a 100% pure Capitalistic society would be very very bad.

In any event, both parties need to understand that neither party is the whole of America. We are all Americans and we should all want what is best for the nation and we should all realize that no one knows everything...

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
In any event, both parties need to understand that neither party is the whole of America. We are all Americans and we should all want what is best for the nation and we should all realize that no one knows everything...

You are right of course, but Putin, Trump and Foxnews have invested an enormous amount of time, money, energy and effort into dividing our nation in every conceivable way. The way that Trump and Foxnews treat the Democratic party is simply shameful at this point. Meanwhile 800,000 Americans are forced to go without a paycheck or work without pay while Trump holds them hostage over a wall that the he promised that Mexico would pay for. It's just shameful.

It would be better to impeach President Pinocchio rather than to leave him in power. I shudder to think about how much damage Trump could do to our nation over the next two years. If he's willing to collude with Russia by giving them polling data to help him get elected, and obstruct justice by firing someone like Jeff Sessions simply for showing some ethics and recusing himself from the investigation, is there anything that Trump won't do to hang onto power?

If Trump isn't impeached soon, the whole nation will suffer.

• Haha
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
You are right of course, but Putin, Trump and Foxnews have invested an enormous amount of time, money, energy and effort into dividing our nation in every conceivable way. The way that Trump and Foxnews treat the Democratic party is simply shameful at this point. Meanwhile 800,000 Americans are forced to go without a paycheck or work without pay while Trump holds them hostage over a wall that the he promised that Mexico would pay for. It's just shameful.

It would be better to impeach President Pinocchio rather than to leave him in power. I shudder to think about how much damage Trump could do to our nation over the next two years. If he's willing to collude with Russia by giving them polling data to help him get elected, and obstruct justice by firing someone like Jeff Sessions simply for showing some ethics and recusing himself from the investigation, is there anything that Trump won't do to hang onto power?

If Trump isn't impeached soon, the whole nation will suffer.
The whole nation is suffering already........

Upvote 0