Trump to stop ‘catch-and-release’ of migrants, will hold them during immigration proceedings

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
JohnAshton said: Have you forgotten that the Obama administration deported far more illegals than any administration before?

Have you forgotten their is no 'open doors policy' by any Dem. Only the Repubs talk about such a policy that does not exist.

Yes, the agenda is to keep Trump, that monumental failure, at any cost necessary.

An example of the "at any cost" thinking is the nonsense ending the 'catch and release' rule, which in fact is a SCOTUS ruling, and thus the law. Courts will overturn Trump's new 'rule.'

I am a centrist, voting for the right candidates from both parties.

However, I do believe more Christians in America vote blue than red, with the caveat that a majority of evangelical Christians generally vote red.

Neither party is that of God or Satan. Our government is secular. Believers get no more special consideration than non-believers. That is the American way.

It's the lesser of two evils. No candidate is what the christian wants, but I draw the line at abortion as God would expect me to do.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"Reluctant to cooperate" hmmmm. Makes no sense at all!

I'm going along with this sin because I don't like the way someone else is pushing against it.
"Going along with a sin" and "making it illegal for people who are convinced it is not a sin" are two different things. And yes, having to cooperate to make it illegal for those who don't think it is a sin with others who tell blatant falsehoods about their opponents does gve one pause. It causes one to wonder what is really being aimed at. Passing legislation which is unlikely to be widely effective in eliminating abortion but will provide opportunity for punitive behavior against selected "others?"

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
"Going along with a sin" and "making it illegal for people who are convinced it is not a sin" are two different things. And yes, having to cooperate to make it illegal for those who don't think it is a sin with others who tell blatant falsehoods about their opponents does gve one pause. It causes one to wonder what is really being aimed at. Passing legislation which is unlikely to be widely effective in eliminating abortion but will provide opportunity for punitive behavior against selected "others?"

Ok, was just looking for an explanation of why. I'll not pursue it any further. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why? The ONE issue?

The only thing christians should be concerned with?

It's a figure of speech. Not meant to be singled out as the only issue.

I can think of several issues that should be considered before voting.

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,527.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It's a figure of speech. Not meant to be singled out as the only issue.

I can think of several issues that should be considered before voting.

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part.
Fair enough.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think the passing of extreme anti-abortion legislation is primarily to whip up votes, even though the legislation will probably be struck by the courts.

Upvote 0