Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Trump administration has decided to pull all U.S. troops out of Syria, a defense official said on Wednesday.

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a decision that has not yet been announced, said the decision was made on Tuesday and would include the entire force of more than 2,000 U.S. service members.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency," Trump wrote on Twitter.

--

BEIRUT — The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Wednesday that Islamic State militants had executed nearly 700 prisoners in nearly two months in eastern Syria.

SDF commander-in-chief Mazloum Kobani told Reuters last week that at least 5,000 IS fighters remain holed up in the enclave, including many foreigners who appear ready to fight to the death.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad there's some Republicans, Lindsey, Rubio, who've called out Donald on his latest absolute idiocy. Life & death decisions shouldn't be based on how Donald feels while sitting on the toilet playing on Twitter with his phone. I don't think he gives a dang about the consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“Five years ago, ISIS was a very powerful and dangerous force in the Middle East, and now the United States has defeated the territorial caliphate,” [White House Press Secretary] Sanders said.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“Five years ago, ISIS was a very powerful and dangerous force in the Middle East, and now the United States has defeated the territorial caliphate,” [White House Press Secretary] Sanders said.

This is true. As soon as ISIS tries to defend real estate they become very vulnerable.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps President Bush can get the "Mission Accomplished" banner out of storage. Since this impetuous action, which is at odds with Trump's own administration's assessments, is a surprise Christmas gift to Putin, Erdoğan, and Rouhani maybe they can help Trump's staff hang it up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Actually the US was able to degrade ISIS military assets mostly using air power. Defeat comes with boots on the ground. That defeat was mostly achieved by our allies --- the Iraqis, the Kurds and some others.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Long overdue... hopefully Trump's really begun to listen to his instincts and Afghanistan is not far behind.

It is true that ISIS is defeated?

Assad is victorious, so I'll say yes.

Actually the US was able to degrade ISIS military assets mostly using air power. Defeat comes with boots on the ground.

It was mostly Russia that did that.

That defeat was mostly achieved by our allies --- the Iraqis, the Kurds and some others.

It was mostly achieved by the Syrian government.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps President Bush can get the "Mission Accomplished" banner out of storage. Since this impetuous action, which is at odds with Trump's own administration's assessments, is a surprise Christmas gift to Putin, Erdoğan, and Rouhani maybe they can help Trump's staff hang it up.

Please. Bush wasn't responsible for that banner.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure Trump knows what he is doing?
M-Bob
The sad part is he doesn't know what he's doing . And I hope he asked for advice . Before doing this. But I doubt it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It is true that ISIS is defeated?

It has to be, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who wants to be remembered as the most transparent ant truthful person ever said so.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Please. Bush wasn't responsible for that banner.

Correct, Bush knew nothing for most of his Presidency.

"We took care of the production of it. We have people to do those things. But the Navy actually put it up." White House spokesman Scott McClellan Oct 27, 2003

Not long afterwards, the White House had to amend its account. The soldiers hadn't put up the sign; the White House had done the hoisting. It had also produced the banner — contrary to what senior White House officials had said for months. In the end, the White House conceded on those details, but declared them mere quibbles. The point was, they said, that the whole thing had been done at the request of the crew members. Even that explanation didn't sit well with some long-time Bush aides. "They (the White House) put up banners at every event that look just like that and we're supposed to believe that at this one it was the Navy that requested one?" asked a senior administration official. Others remember staffers boasting about how the president had been specifically positioned during his speech so that the banner would be captured in footage of his speech.

Time Magazine, Saturday, Nov. 01, 2003

"I was in Baghdad, and I was given a draft of that thing to look at. And I just died, and I said my God, it's too conclusive. And I fixed it and sent it back... they fixed the speech, but not the sign." Donald Rumsfeld

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Long overdue... hopefully Trump's really begun to listen to his instincts and Afghanistan is not far behind.

Assad is victorious, so I'll say yes.

It was mostly Russia that did that.

It was mostly achieved by the Syrian government.

Were you unaware if the ISIS fight in Iraq?

Upvote 0