• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Trump to launch new social media platform TRUTH Social

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by essentialsaltes, Oct 21, 2021.

1. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+23,315
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Time to invest in irony meters.

Former US President Donald Trump has announced plans to launch a new social media network, called PRAVDA Social. (sorry, I meant TRUTH)

An early version of his latest venture, TRUTH Social, will be open to invited guests next month, and will have a "nationwide rollout" within the first three months of 2022, according to a statement by Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+5,357
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    That's good because we certainly need more truth, and besides it will give you guys something to talk about because I know how much you miss him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Everthing with truth in the title has no truth in it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. NxNW

NxNW Well-Known Member

+860
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    I hope it will be fair and balanced.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+23,362
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    New grift unlocked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Chronic political homeless Supporter

+11,223
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Much like any country name with democratic in it.

7. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,378
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    If he can get a following on there added to his take over of the R party, he may get elected or choose the nominee. It will be his people signing up for it to her his "truth.' And they buy whatever he is selling. It could have the upside of those people getting off Facebook and the like and gravitating toward the "truth."

8. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+5,520
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi @essentialsaltes

Well, if it's anything like the majority of his 'business endeavors' it's doomed to fail. Really, the only thing that he has proven to be even slightly good at is selling his name. From some recent news, he's trying to divest himself of his 'great and beautiful' Washington D.C. hotel, which is apparently losing money and has some fairly large bills coming due. His Miami Doral Club has seen better days. A couple of his golf clubs are turning a profit, but for the most part, Donald Trump has never really been particularly good at 'running' companies. So, he's made a flashy and recognized name for himself and he sells various businesses the right to use his name. There are indications, that is losing some of it's luster also.

I'm perfectly willing to wait and see what he does in this endeavor, but I can assure you that I won't be participating in some social discourse business of his. I'm quite tired of listening to all his lies concerning the last election and I'm fairly positive that any social business of his will be plastered with such conspiracy noise. I can just envision pages of Mike Lindell and Gen. Flynn and Steve Bannon and Rudy Guiliani with pop up banners and ads all over the page spouting off how Trump won the election and we've all been duped. Hopefully, the large majority of the nation is also. However, a social presence on the internet would be open to the world and there may be some oligarchs who are encouraged to listen to some guy who believes that whatever he says is true. It's kind of what they expect from their people.

God bless,
    Ted

9. Nithavela

Nithavela Cool catchphrase goes here

+15,755
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    The Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste is doing its best.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+5,520
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi @rturner76

That's certainly a great hope. The rest of us can go on with our lives. But, knowing Trumpians, they'd just copy and paste it all on to the pages of Facebook and twitter. "Spread the Lie" would be the battle cry of any Trump based social internet effort.

God bless,
    Ted

11. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Chronic political homeless Supporter

+11,223
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Now that's a deep cut right there, Bravo. Outstanding. Carry on.

12. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,378
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Hello @miamited

What passes for "truth" in that crowd can be pretty out there. It even gets Biblical at times. Still, as you were saying, I can see people getting the "truth" on Trump's site and spreading that "truth" to mainstream social media outlets.

God Bless
    RT

13. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,510
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    That is a "Truth" I will be completely ignoring for my own mental health and I hope other will do the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,121
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    While I'm sure this will be a haven for crazy conspiracy theories, I look forward to all the incriminating evidence the Trump supporters will be providing on their new media platform. I'm sure the FBI will be too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Brihaha

Brihaha Active Member

+495
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+8,997
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "FORMER President Donald Trump slammed President Biden, Ilhan Omar and Nancy Pelosi in Iowa, as has bragged that he 'never conceded' the election, as 2024 presidential run speculation grows.

re his bragging he never conceded
    no once else in modern presidency has refused to concede

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021 at 4:07 AM
  17. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,814
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    why are you sorry? Is not this a good thing? Twitter and Facebook are not always sharing the truth thats NOT a left or right thing. So praise GOD glory to JESUS hes doing this. In a day and age of the woke its so hard to take a stand with out getting bashed or even fired if you don't blindly follow. President Trump can do this and take all they try to toss at him. Not to many out there that give people hope. To think someone is trying to fight for you. You find out that person is no saint at all yet.. cares about this nation. I like that.

18. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+2,238
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Why does anyone think this will be any different from Parler? They will likely get deplatformed unless they setup their own hosting server farm, which will likely get hacked (TOO LATE!) and a bunch of user data will get leaked, the FBI will be alerted to terrorist threats against public officials and whole groups of people will get arrested for explicit plans for insurrection or domestic terrorism and the site will die. So, yeah. Sounds great! Can't wait! :)

19. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+23,315
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Oh my! Only the best developers have a publicly accessible page to make usable accounts before the site is even in beta.

Trump’s new social media site collapses after trolls flood it before launch

20. adrianmonk

adrianmonk Recursive Algorithm

+430
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    This is just another Mastodon site. Since it's a microblogging platform like Twitter, Trump can have a native app that he can tweet out short sentences in all caps. With the Wordpress site, he (or his media person) had to spend the time to write full articles.