Trump to hold campaign rally Saturday. A campaign rally??

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Less than a month after becoming President, Trump will hold a campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday. That would be 45 months before the next election.

The reason for the rally? The thought is that Trump wants to speak to a friendly, cheering crowd, who will believe everything he says without question. Unlike the media, Washington pundits, and most Americans.

However, I think there is another reason. And that is to win over those 3 million voters that somehow voted for Hilary Clinton. I think that continues to bother him, and he refuses to accept the popular vote as being legitimate. If he can get really big crowds to a few rallies, he can crow about how so many people love him, that he is drawing bigger crowds than ever, and rationalize that he would get those extra 3 million votes if the election were held today.

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟903,875.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a source?

This is what I hate about politics and why in an ideal world we'd have single-term limits. A nation's leader primary focus should be serving their people, not winning the next election.

Either way this is dangerously early if true. If anything, it's concerning.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Less than a month after becoming President, Trump will hold a campaign rally in Melbourne, Florida on Saturday. That would be 45 months before the next election.

The reason for the rally? The thought is that Trump wants to speak to a friendly, cheering crowd, who will believe everything he says without question. Unlike the media, Washington pundits, and most Americans.

However, I think there is another reason. And that is to win over those 3 million voters that somehow voted for Hilary Clinton. I think that continues to bother him, and he refuses to accept the popular vote as being legitimate. If he can get really big crowds to a few rallies, he can crow about how so many people love him, that he is drawing bigger crowds than ever, and rationalize that he would get those extra 3 million votes if the election were held today.
It's a rally yes.

Campaign as in election? No.

He's doing what every new president does. Travel to lay out his agenda.

Both sides mobilizing for Obama's Saturday rally

• Informative
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a source?

This is what I hate about politics and why in an ideal world we'd have single-term limits. A nation's leader primary focus should be serving their people, not winning the next election.

Either way this is dangerously early if true. If anything, it's concerning.
It's not for the next election.

Every President does this to take the message to the people on their agenda.

Just like this:

Both sides mobilizing for Obama's Saturday rally

• Informative
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, the US has just elected Trump to campaign to win the next election. So when do you elect someone to run the country?

:doh:
I am reminded of how harsh the GOP was on Bill Clinton in his first 90 days in office. They kept chanting the election is over stop the campaign!

I guess this is always the charge of the opposition. It takes getting older and living through multiple administrations to actually look at it pragmatically.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums