Trump ties with Obama as most admired man.

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But that's not what I told you. As you now realize, "faith alone" will not save. God says that one is justified by faith and works and not by faith only.

I'm showing you that "Allah" is the word Arabic-speaking Christians have been using for God, long before there was a Muslim religion. We use "God" in the same way; Abraham would not have recognized "God", although "El" ("Allah" is a cognate of "El") as a title for God.

But they don't call him "Allah" or "God"; are you saying that's the same God as in the Bible? Some of those people are also great people by the world's standards. Stop trying to twist the Bible to suit your political ideology.

Accept that Jesus was telling the truth that He will save those who do the the will of the Father. Set pride aside, and just let it be His way.

I think you are confused. You've been arguing that works, regardless of who or what your faith is in, will save you, which is that same as saying works alone will save you, and that is false. I've been arguing that LIVING faith in JESUS ONLY, which is faith proven by works, or the fruits of the spirit rather, is the only path to salvation. Did you not read my breakdown of the parable of the wise and foolish builders in my last post?

You can call God what you want, as long as you are referring to the God of the Bible. God knows your heart and who it is you are, or aren't, calling upon when you use whatever name it is you have for him. One thing we know for sure though is that Allah, as it is used today, is NOT referring to the God of the Bible, nor Jesus, nor the Holy Spirit so That goes for every other false religion as well.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Satan thing by just repeating what I said. Are you saying that Satan worshipers are actually saved as long as they do good works? Or are you saying that Allah and the God of the Bible are the same God? Regardless, there's no getting around that there's only one name by which we are saved, Jesus, and your works must be built upon him alone. Not Allah, not Muhammad, not Buddha, or anyone else.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you are confused. You've been arguing that works, regardless of who or what your faith is in, will save you,

If you think so, you're the one confused. Read it again...

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

which is that same as saying works alone will save you

Nope. God says:
1 Corinthians 13:2 And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [3] And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

and that is false.

I've been arguing that LIVING faith in JESUS ONLY, which is faith proven by works, or the fruits of the spirit rather, is the only path to salvation.

Let's see what God says...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 25:31
And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. [32] And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: [33] And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. [34] Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. [35] For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

[36] Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. [37] Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? [38] And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? [39] Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? [40] And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Did you not read my breakdown of the parable of the wise and foolish builders in my last post?

I think I'll go with Jesus on this one. Sorry.

You can call God what you want, as long as you are referring to the God of the Bible. God knows your heart and who it is you are, or aren't, calling upon when you use whatever name it is you have for him. One thing we know for sure though is that Allah, as it is used today, is NOT referring to the God of the Bible,

As you learned, it's what Arabic-speaking Christians called God before there was Islam, and still call Him. No point in denying the fact. Muslims use the term for the One who spoke to Abraham. No point in denying that, either.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Satan thing by just repeating what I said. Are you saying that Satan worshipers are actually saved as long as they do good works?

If you have to invent odd things and pretend I said them, isn't that a pretty good clue for you?

Or are you saying that Allah and the God of the Bible are the same God?

Arabic Christians know this. "Allah" is like "God", a generic word meaning deity. But they do worship the God of Abraham, as Muslims and Jews do.

Regardless, there's no getting around that there's only one name by which we are saved, Jesus,

As Paul says:
Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, who have not the law, do by nature those things that are of the law; these having not the law are a law to themselves:

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Jermayn
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm surprised that anyone could compared Obama(one of thee worst Presidents in America's History)

Americans disagree with you...

July 11, 2018

Obama Tops Public’s List of Best President in Their Lifetime, Followed by Clinton, Reagan
Obama Tops Public’s List of Best President in Their Lifetime, Followed by Clinton, Reagan

to Trump(which will go down as one of the best in History).

Americans disagree with you on that, too:

10 most common words Americans use to describe Trump (POLL)
Respondents were asked what one word best describes their impression of Trump.

Warning: Crude language

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Americans disagree with you...

July 11, 2018

Americans disagree with you on that, too:

Respondents were asked what one word best describes their impression of Trump.

Warning: Crude language

And are we going by Democrat ran Statistical polls? Or neutral ones?
Because a lot of Democrat Statistics have lost a lot of respect and trust in the American people.

They are the same polls that said Trump didn't have any chance back in 2016 amongst his fellow Republicans. Then he had hardly any chance of beating Hillary Clinton.

Now the same polls say that Almost every one of the top 4 or 5 Democrats would beat Trump. Everyone of them!!! Even the ones polling at 5-20 percent in states! That doesn't make any logical sense.

Liberals that makes these polls are intentionally biased, and intentionally corrupt their polls. Why would they do such a thing?
easy, for psychological political reasons. It helps bring in more votes to their side. You see, if people have the falsehood that that a certain side is more than likely going to win, then they will vote for that person, simply because they want to vote for the person who is going to win.

Smart tactic some what on the liberals part, but ultimately it did back fire. I mean, they've been doing it for so many years, and nobody put the truth out there to point it out. But Trump has exposed the truth, and now millions of Americans see that, and that is a huge reason why he's going to win again. The Democrat Media, and Democrat Politicians can't be trusted.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And are we going by Democrat ran Statistical polls?

Nope.

They are the same polls that said Trump didn't have any chance back in 2016 amongst his fellow Republicans. Then he had hardly any chance of beating Hillary Clinton.

Well, that's a testable claim. Let's take a look...
Turns out, you're wrong about that, too. The polls at the end of the campaign predicted Clinton would win a little more than 3% more votes than Trump. She won a little more than 2% more.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

Now the same polls say that Almost every one of the top 4 or 5 Democrats would beat Trump.

You might want to look at Real Clear Pollitics. They keep averages of polls, and it doesn't look like that right now. Biden and Sanders are poised pretty well; the others, it's a mixed bag. The salient data are those showing that Biden recently increased his lead over Trump in all the swing states but Iowa, where he didn't have a lead, and in fact is lower than Trump. But nationwide, Trump hasn't fallen that much. It suggests that in states where he will win, he'll win big, but he won't take as many states.

Everyone of them!!! Even the ones polling at 5-20 percent in states! That doesn't make any logical sense.

As I said, if you haven't checked Real Clear Politics, give it a look.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no accounting for taste.

Let's see who is still at the top of the list five years from now, and who has fallen off.

The recent ex-president I most admire is Jimmy Carter. As president-emeritus, he continues to exhibit the moral leadership and unquestionable integrity our country is so desperately lacking today. At 95, he is still building houses for Habitat for Humanity, three years after beating brain cancer, and teaching Sunday Bible study at his local Baptist Church (which left the Southern Baptist Convention because of its overinvolvement with politics.) He has written at least a dozen thought-provoking value-laden books on national and international issues as well as memoirs. He just took half his peanut farm and covered it with solar panels to provide clean energy for his town of Plains, GA. His Carter Center, now directed by his grandson, is dedicated to peace and eradicating disease in the third world.

I also admire how former-presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush developed such a strong friendship after both were out of office, and how they have worked so well together for humanitarian causes that 'W' used to joke that his father had adopted Clinton as part of the family. This respect that crosses party boundaries was also evident when John McCain, also known for moral leadership, asked Barack Obama to speak at his funeral.

Bill Clinton, in his bio, wrote that former president Nixon was one of his trusted advisors on international policy. Although Nixon had resigned due to Watergate, history also recognized his knowledge and expertise in foreign policy, particularly in his relations with China and the Soviet Union. Nixon had also proposed universal health care--years before Clinton was elected.

It has been said that the ex-presidents' club is a close one, because they are the only ones who understand the extraordinary demands of the job.

And now I have a question. In the mutual admiration of the ex-and-current presidents' club, who is admired? Who is respected? Who is on the outs? Who has been excluded from funerals? Who has separated himself from the others through name calling, insults, and disparagement?

Who will be most admired five years from now?

How will each ex-president spend his Thanksgiving? Will he bring his family to serve dinner at a homeless shelter with a smile, as the Obamas did? Will he bring millions in aid to countries such as Haiti when climactic disasters come, as the Clinton/Bush team did? Will he travel the world persuading international businesses to plant trees on their rooves to counter climate change, and persuade pharmaceutical companies to provide HIV meds to third world countries for $300 a year, as Clinton does? Will he be teaching Sunday school and bringing moral leadership to our world as Carter does?

That is what will make a president admired over the long term.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) You see, if people have the falsehood that that a certain side is more than likely going to win, then they will vote for that person, simply because they want to vote for the person who is going to win. (snip)
hmmm...kind of like how President Trump supporters keep desperately claiming he's "For sure going to win in 2020!!"? :scratch:
tulc(wonders if that's what Simon/Rock means?) :wave:

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There's no accounting for taste.

Let's see who is still at the top of the list five years from now, and who has fallen off.

The recent ex-president I most admire is Jimmy Carter. As president-emeritus, he continues to exhibit the moral leadership and unquestionable integrity our country is so desperately lacking today. At 95, he is still building houses for Habitat for Humanity, three years after beating brain cancer, and teaching Sunday Bible study at his local Baptist Church (which left the Southern Baptist Convention because of its overinvolvement with politics.) He has written at least a dozen thought-provoking value-laden books on national and international issues as well as memoirs. He just took half his peanut farm and covered it with solar panels to provide clean energy for his town of Plains, GA. His Carter Center, now directed by his grandson, is dedicated to peace and eradicating disease in the third world.

I also admire how former-presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush developed such a strong friendship after both were out of office, and how they have worked so well together for humanitarian causes that 'W' used to joke that his father had adopted Clinton as part of the family. This respect that crosses party boundaries was also evident when John McCain, also known for moral leadership, asked Barack Obama to speak at his funeral.

Bill Clinton, in his bio, wrote that former president Nixon was one of his trusted advisors on international policy. Although Nixon had resigned due to Watergate, history also recognized his knowledge and expertise in foreign policy, particularly in his relations with China and the Soviet Union. Nixon had also proposed universal health care--years before Clinton was elected.

It has been said that the ex-presidents' club is a close one, because they are the only ones who understand the extraordinary demands of the job.

And now I have a question. In the mutual admiration of the ex-and-current presidents' club, who is admired? Who is respected? Who is on the outs? Who has been excluded from funerals? Who has separated himself from the others through name calling, insults, and disparagement?

Who will be most admired five years from now?

How will each ex-president spend his Thanksgiving? Will he bring his family to serve dinner at a homeless shelter with a smile, as the Obamas did? Will he bring millions in aid to countries such as Haiti when climactic disasters come, as the Clinton/Bush team did? Will he travel the world persuading international businesses to plant trees on their rooves to counter climate change, and persuade pharmaceutical companies to provide HIV meds to third world countries for $300 a year, as Clinton does? Will he be teaching Sunday school and bringing moral leadership to our world as Carter does?

That is what will make a president admired over the long term.

It's fine that they do all this when they are out of office, but what they do while they are in office is what I care about. Regardless if you think Trump is a pleasant person or not personally, his policy is working wonders for America, and most importantly to me, doesn't try to justify murdering hundreds of thousands of unborn children every year in the name of "choice". That is what I will remember him for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently, Trump isn't so sure he's going to win...

He wants the Supreme Court to delay their decision on the ban on using pre-existing conditions to take away a person's insurance coverage until after the election.

Which is very understandable. Tens of millions of people would lose their coverage if the court banned it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And now we find Putin gettiing nervous about Trump's chances as well...

Russians hacked Ukraine company Burisma at heart of Trump impeachment, cybersecurity firm says
Area 1 Security, a California company focused on email security, reported that members of Russian military intelligence known as GRU launched a campaign in early November to steal email credentials from workers at Burisma Holdings.

Russians hacked Ukraine company Burisma, Area 1 report says

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's fine that they do all this when they are out of office, but what they do while they are in office is what I care about..
Our deficits have soared and the tax cuts haven't trickled down. No surprise. Health care is threatened. We are trading poisoned water and air and lax worker protections for corporate profits. We have lost the respect of the world. We have continuous anxiety with someone who.is impulsive and untutored in world affairs making dangerous decisions.
People are polarized. My hubby bought me a coffee cup that says "I hate it when I wake up and Trump is still president." I am 70 years old and have never known a time when all my friends pray the Our Father and when they say "deliver us from evil" the presidents face flashes before their eyes.
Is that how you describe a great job?

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our deficits have soared and the tax cuts haven't trickled down. No surprise. Health care is threatened. We are trading poisoned water and air and lax worker protections for corporate profits. We have lost the respect of the world. We have continuous anxiety with someone who.is impulsive and untutored in world affairs making dangerous decisions.
People are polarized. My hubby bought me a coffee cup that says "I hate it when I wake up and Trump is still president." I am 70 years old and have never known a time when all my friends pray the Our Father and when they say "deliver us from evil" the presidents face flashes before their eyes.
Is that how you describe a great job?

No Democrats seemed to be complaining when Obama was doubling the national debt. We didn't loose the respect of the world, the world lost a free paycheck from America, that's why they are so bitter. Also, in your 70 years I'll be you've never seen a generation weaker minded than this one. As the saying goes:

"Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create bad times.
Bad time create strong men."

Watching grown men and women march around the countries capital in Vagina hats on national television, among many other things, would put us in the "Weak men create bad times" category.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watching grown men and women march around the countries capital in Vagina hats on national television, among many other things, would put us in the "Weak men create bad times" category.
Because "strong men" ... would never allow their fellow citizenry the freedom to do so ???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Whereas, real men wear U.S. military issue:
500138_detail.png

Upvote 0