United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, well, happy 4th of July...

With a bit of luck he'll be visited by three ghosts in the night.

Oh, wait...
Christmas in July... well, that works for sales anyway. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That article was absolutely useless in explaining what Trump is up to. The left is great at coming up with political marketing terms. How could anyone be against "fair housing"? The fact though is that the Obama era regs were about trying to force as many poor people into the suburbs as possible. They want to force "affordable" housing projects on suburbs so that they turn into an extension of failed democratic cities. Trump should have repealed Obama's regulations 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Remember, Trump got nailed with a very expensive lawsuit by the federal government, when it was discovered that he was trying to keep black renters out of his apartments.

So he's likely been itching to get rid of that memory.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Remember, Trump got nailed with a very expensive lawsuit by the federal government, when it was discovered that he was trying to keep black renters out of his apartments.

So he's likely been itching to get rid of that memory.
So here are the facts.
Trump declined to be interviewed. His attorney, Alan Garten, said via email that there was “absolutely no merit to the allegations.”
“This suit was brought as part of a nationwide inquiry against a number of companies, and the matter was ultimately settled without any finding of liability and without any admission of wrongdoing whatsoever,” Garten said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’ve been studying Joe Biden’s housing plans, and what I’ve seen is both surprising and frightening. I expected that a President Biden would enforce the Obama administration’s radical AFFH (Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing) regulation to the hilt. That is exactly what Biden promises to do. By itself, that would be more than enough to end America’s suburbs as we’ve known them, as I’ve explained repeatedly here at NRO.
Joe Biden and Democrats Are Set to Abolish the Suburbs | National Review

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The FBI released the documents on an area of its website called "The Vault," a section dedicated to topics on which the bureau has received a large volume of Freedom of Information Act requests.
However, one employee told investigators that he or she had been specifically directed by the elder Trump to screen applicants and not “rent to blacks” and to steer them to other buildings.

“I asked Fred Trump what his policy was regarding minorities and he said it was absolutely against the law to discriminate. At a later time during my two weeks at [one Trump building], Fred Trump told me not to rent to blacks,” said the unnamed employee, who was eventually fired.

“[Trump] also wanted me to get rid of the blacks that were in the building by telling them cheap housing was available for them at only $500 down payment, which Trump would offer to pay himself. Trump didn’t tell me where this housing was located,” he said.

The employee also noted that he or she thought that the rental office often wrote codes on the top of rental applications to distinguish between black and white applicants.

Other documents in the case against Trump, reviewed by the Post last year, corroborate the employee’s account.

The court documents detail the experience of a husband and wife who rented properties, who said they had been told the Trump Management Co. “wanted to rent only to Jews and Executives’ and ‘discouraged rental to blacks,’” according to the Post. “The couple told the government’s lawyers that they were advised that ‘a racial code was in effect, blacks being referred to as ‘No. 9.’”

The FBI noted that several building managers did not have fair housing law posters in their offices, as required by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and told agents they were not aware they had to have them.

Many employees stated they had not been instructed to discriminate against applicants based on race and maintained that income became the primary reason that individuals were denied apartments. One employee remarked that some income requirements seemed too high.

As noted by a Politico report, a man who had previously been a doorman at one property said that a supervisor had instructed him to tell potential African-American tenants that the rent was "twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment.”

Eventually, the government and Trump Management entered into a consent decree in June 1975.

The Trumps admitted no wrongdoing and were prohibited from “discriminating against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges of sale or rental of a dwelling.” They were also required to take out advertisements notifying minority individuals that they had an equal opportunity to seek housing at Trump properties.
FBI releases documents related to Trump apartment discrimination case

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Joe Biden and Democrats Are Set to Abolish the Suburbs | National Review

I live in a suburb. And I can tell you that developers are already doing just that. I realize that the National Review article is more about suburbs becoming less white, but mostly, they are becoming more urban. It's pretty much a fact of life, and it's driven mostly by economics.

And yes, it does mean they will be less republican, a trend Trump has greatly accelerated by his estrangement from whites with more than a high school education.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I live in a suburb. And I can tell you that developers are already doing just that. I realize that the National Review article is more about suburbs becoming less white, but mostly, they are becoming more urban. It's pretty much a fact of life, and it's driven mostly by economics.

And yes, it does mean they will be less republican, a trend Trump has greatly accelerated by his estrangement from whites with more than a high school education.
Can you provide evidence for the education level of Trump supporters lets just see the facts

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump’s Coronavirus Antics Are Alienating Educated Voters

There has been a similar trend among white voters with college educations. Trump's support from white men with college degrees has dropped from 53 percent to 44 percent. Among white college-educated women, it fell from 44 percent to 29 percent in an NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey in April.
Trump on campaign defense with core elements of his base

Looking inside the overall numbers, Biden's biggest advantages are with African American voters (among whom he leads Trump by 85 percent to 7 percent), Latinos (60 percent to 26 percent), voters ages 18-34 (54 percent to 31 percent), women (56 percent to 35 percent) and whites with college degrees (55 percent to 37 percent).
In new poll, 60 percent support keeping stay-at-home restrictions to fight coronavirus

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump threatens to scrap ‘devastating’ fair housing rule

Obviously Trump has given up trying to attract "black" voters and is pandering to the base by promoting segregationist policies in the suburbs - the next 4 months will see this President and the Republicans pull out all the stops and resort to every "dirty trick" in their playbook to either steal this election or have the results nullified because it was "rigged!"

Upvote 0