Trump tested positive for Covid few days before Biden debate, chief of staff says in new book

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟828,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Mark Meadows also writes that though he knew each candidate was required “to test negative for the virus within seventy two hours of the start time … Nothing was going to stop [Trump] from going out there.”

Trump, Meadows says in the book, returned a negative result from a different test shortly after the positive.

Meadows says Trump’s positive result on 26 September was a shock to a White House which had just staged a triumphant Rose Garden ceremony for the supreme court nominee Amy Coney Barrett – an occasion now widely considered to have been a Covid super-spreader event.

see also
see also this closed thread

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I first heard Trump had COVID-19. I suspected he COVID-19 during the debate. I'm not sure why anyone would be a surprised.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...the POTUS tests positive and continues his normal schedule for 6 days...Aaron Blake of WaPo writes:

"....Meadows wrote that Trump first tested positive for the virus on Sept. 26, three days before his Sept. 29 debate with Joe Biden. Trump would not disclose a positive test until Oct. 2

Sept. 26: Trump holds a Rose Garden ceremony for his nominee to the Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. The event includes a largely maskless indoor reception and is later labeled a “superspreader” event by Anthony S. Fauci. Among those who contracted the virus at the time and were present for the ceremony were former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway, Sens. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), a journalist and University of Notre Dame President John Jenkins.

Later Sept. 26: As Trump departs for an outdoor rally that night, staff are informed of Trump’s positive coronavirus test. White House doctor Sean Conley says, according to Meadows: “Stop the president from leaving. He just tested positive for covid.” Meadows relays the message to Trump, then relays the news of a separate, negative test. Trump treats the negative test as “full permission to press on as if nothing had happened,” Meadows wrote.

Evening of Sept. 26: Trump holds a rally in Middletown, Pa.

Sept. 27: Trump hosts an event at the White House with Gold Star families, coming in close contact with them. Trump later suggests he might have contracted the virus at the event, even though he had tested positive the day before.

“They come within an inch of my face sometimes, and they want to hug me, they want to kiss me, and they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it,” Trump said in early October. “But it’s obviously dangerous.” It was obviously dangerous, but in the opposite direction that Trump suggested.

Sept. 28: At another Rose Garden event — this time on expanding coronavirus testing — Trump does something curious, delivering remarks from a lectern about 10 feet away from other speakers.

Sept. 29: Trump attends his debate with Biden in Ohio, where the two skip the ceremonial handshake and stand farther apart than usual. Trump’s contingent at the debate flouts requests to wear masks. Moderator Chris Wallace later says Trump wasn’t tested before the debate because he arrived late, and the event was relying upon the “honor system.” At least 11 cases are later tied to the debate.

Sept. 30: Trump holds a fundraiser and another outdoor rally in Duluth, Minn. At the rally, Trump mocks Biden for having socially distanced events and for criticizing his own holding of larger rallies: “You know, Biden has 20, 30 people — he’s got those circles. Today, he had a little bit more, like 30 or 40, but they were too close together. I sent him a note. “Dear Joe, they were too close, 34 people right next to each other, and yet he complained about our rally, right?”

Oct. 1: Trump holds a largely maskless fundraiser in New Jersey.

Later Oct. 1: White House aide Hope Hicks tests positive. Trump’s rapid test comes back positive shortly before a phone interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity, according to the Wall Street Journal’s later reporting. When asked about an aide testing positive, Trump doesn’t disclose his own positive test, instead referring to another test for which he was still awaiting results.

But Trump suggests that a possible infection might have come from military or law enforcement. “You know, it’s very hard, when you’re with soldiers, when you’re with airmen, when you’re with Marines, and I’m with — and the police officers,” Trump said. “I’m with them so much. And when they come over here, it’s very hard to say, stay back, stay back. It’s a tough kind of a situation.”

1 a.m. Oct. 2: Trump announces via Twitter that he and first lady Melania Trump indeed tested positive, for the first time, and says they will quarantine.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...the POTUS tests positive and continues his normal schedule for 6 days...Aaron Blake of WaPo writes:

"....Meadows wrote that Trump first tested positive for the virus on Sept. 26, three days before his Sept. 29 debate with Joe Biden. Trump would not disclose a positive test until Oct. 2

Sept. 26: Trump holds a Rose Garden ceremony for his nominee to the Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett. The event includes a largely maskless indoor reception and is later labeled a “superspreader” event by Anthony S. Fauci. Among those who contracted the virus at the time and were present for the ceremony were former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway, Sens. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), a journalist and University of Notre Dame President John Jenkins.

Later Sept. 26: As Trump departs for an outdoor rally that night, staff are informed of Trump’s positive coronavirus test. White House doctor Sean Conley says, according to Meadows: “Stop the president from leaving. He just tested positive for covid.” Meadows relays the message to Trump, then relays the news of a separate, negative test. Trump treats the negative test as “full permission to press on as if nothing had happened,” Meadows wrote.

Evening of Sept. 26: Trump holds a rally in Middletown, Pa.

Sept. 27: Trump hosts an event at the White House with Gold Star families, coming in close contact with them. Trump later suggests he might have contracted the virus at the event, even though he had tested positive the day before.

“They come within an inch of my face sometimes, and they want to hug me, they want to kiss me, and they do. And frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it,” Trump said in early October. “But it’s obviously dangerous.” It was obviously dangerous, but in the opposite direction that Trump suggested.

Sept. 28: At another Rose Garden event — this time on expanding coronavirus testing — Trump does something curious, delivering remarks from a lectern about 10 feet away from other speakers.

Sept. 29: Trump attends his debate with Biden in Ohio, where the two skip the ceremonial handshake and stand farther apart than usual. Trump’s contingent at the debate flouts requests to wear masks. Moderator Chris Wallace later says Trump wasn’t tested before the debate because he arrived late, and the event was relying upon the “honor system.” At least 11 cases are later tied to the debate.

Sept. 30: Trump holds a fundraiser and another outdoor rally in Duluth, Minn. At the rally, Trump mocks Biden for having socially distanced events and for criticizing his own holding of larger rallies: “You know, Biden has 20, 30 people — he’s got those circles. Today, he had a little bit more, like 30 or 40, but they were too close together. I sent him a note. “Dear Joe, they were too close, 34 people right next to each other, and yet he complained about our rally, right?”

Oct. 1: Trump holds a largely maskless fundraiser in New Jersey.

Later Oct. 1: White House aide Hope Hicks tests positive. Trump’s rapid test comes back positive shortly before a phone interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity, according to the Wall Street Journal’s later reporting. When asked about an aide testing positive, Trump doesn’t disclose his own positive test, instead referring to another test for which he was still awaiting results.

But Trump suggests that a possible infection might have come from military or law enforcement. “You know, it’s very hard, when you’re with soldiers, when you’re with airmen, when you’re with Marines, and I’m with — and the police officers,” Trump said. “I’m with them so much. And when they come over here, it’s very hard to say, stay back, stay back. It’s a tough kind of a situation.”

1 a.m. Oct. 2: Trump announces via Twitter that he and first lady Melania Trump indeed tested positive, for the first time, and says they will quarantine.

This is also where he effectively lost the election right here. The minute he caught Covid, I'm sure he went into shock, and something of a panic mode. If he were to miss the debate for THAT reason, it would have been incredibly bad press for his campaign. So he was faced with two choices:

1. Admit to catching Covid and miss the 1st debate, which would have turned what would have undoubtably been a winning situation into a losing one in a big way, or

2. Hide the fact that he caught it, take all the prescribed medications, press on, and participate in the debate as if nothing happened.

The problem was that the meds turned him into an absolute monster, making it almost an intolerable debate to watch, and likely turned enough people against him that were still on the fence that when voter fraud also entered the picture little could be done to salvage his campaign or his image (or what was left of it. He didn't have the greatest image even before that).
The debate relied on the honour system re tests? He is a man with no honour.

He is man who hates losing.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The problem was that the meds turned him into an absolute monster, making it almost an intolerable debate to watch, and likely turned enough people against him that were still on the fence that when voter fraud also entered the picture little could be done to salvage his campaign or his image (or what was left of it. He didn't have the greatest image even before that).

Lol, you give the meds way too much credit. He was a monster before he became president. I guess some people are blind, to noticed.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I first heard Trump had COVID-19. I suspected he COVID-19 during the debate. I'm not sure why anyone would be a surprised.

If true I think most reasonable people would be extremely surprised that a candidate could be so selfish as to attend public meetings while possibly infecting people with a potentially fatal disease- a disease the threat of which he had repeatedly tried to downplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people are saying that this is the heretofore unknown link in the Kamala for President conspiracy. Trump would infect Biden. Biden would die or become so ill that he would withdraw from the race. Kamala Harris picks up the banner and charges through the campaign kicking Trump’s butt. That’s ok with Trump because he hated the job anyway. But he remains relevant by his followers storming the Capital building and claiming BLM stole the election. Trump would wage a savage legal battle using some of the finest legal minds in Yonkers. Just before leaving office he would capture Jack Dorsey, demand Twitter unfreeze his account. Marjorie Q Greene would be placed in command of the Confederacy and burn Atlanta. Kamala Harris would flee to Cabo and form a government in exile. Ted Cruz would lead an attempt to capture her but would be turned back by a barrage of harsh language and tossed in a dumpster that is delivered to Mar a Lago by USPS.

Harris then returns triumphantly to Washington after forces loyal to Trump succumb to COVID-19.2 Marjorie Q Greene forms a Southern Alliance with Cuba and Alabama to fight on until she is overthrown by Aaron Rodgers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is also where he effectively lost the election right here. The minute he caught Covid, I'm sure he went into shock, and something of a panic mode. If he were to miss the debate for THAT reason, it would have been incredibly bad press for his campaign. So he was faced with two choices:

1. Admit to catching Covid and miss the 1st debate, which would have turned what would have undoubtably been a winning situation into a losing one in a big way, or

2. Hide the fact that he caught it, take all the prescribed medications, press on, and participate in the debate as if nothing happened.

Yeah, it was the meds what turned him into a monster.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, you give the meds way too much credit. He was a monster before he became president. I guess some people are blind, to noticed.

And who becomes President in this country as an innocent little lamb.... :rolleyes:
Don't we all. But a sign of maturity is to lose with grace.

Thanks for the courteous post. I would stay and discuss things with the more mature, but alas, I knew my involvement in this one would likely be short. Maybe we can discuss it elsewhere another time. Politics is rarely something one can have a civil discussion about any more.

God bless,
- H

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Many people are saying that this is the heretofore unknown link in the Kamala for President conspiracy. Trump would infect Biden. Biden would die or become so ill that he would withdraw from the race. Kamala Harris picks up the banner and charges through the campaign kicking Trump’s butt. That’s ok with Trump because he hated the job anyway. But he remains relevant by his followers storming the Capital building and claiming BLM stole the election. Trump would wage a savage legal battle using some of the finest legal minds in Yonkers. Just before leaving office he would capture Jack Dorsey, demand Twitter unfreeze his account. Marjorie Q Greene would be placed in command of the Confederacy and burn Atlanta. Kamala Harris would flee to Cabo and form a government in exile. Ted Cruz would lead an attempt to capture her but would be turned back by a barrage of harsh language and tossed in a dumpster that is delivered to Mar a Lago by USPS.

Harris then returns triumphantly to Washington after forces loyal to Trump succumb to COVID-19.2 Marjorie Q Greene forms a Southern Alliance with Cuba and Alabama to fight on until she is overthrown by Aaron Rodgers.
I could see some of that happening.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And who becomes President in this country as an innocent little lamb.... :rolleyes:
I don't expect a president to be perfect. But Trump has always proved to be a horrible person. Over and over again. Trump doesn't care about your life, or nobody else's. And wouldn't care about giving you COVID-19 or something more dangerous. I'm not sure you would defend him.

Upvote 0