Trump Team Knew Flynn Was Under Investigation Before He Came to White House

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/...eakingNews&contentID=65315008&pgtype=Homepage

Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Despite this warning, which came about a month after the Justice Department notified Mr. Flynn of the inquiry, Mr. Trump made Mr. Flynn his national security adviser. The job gave Mr. Flynn access to the president and nearly every secret held by American intelligence agencies.

More bad news for Trump, but also calls Pence's involvement into question since he was the head of the transition team.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟341,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're probably right but I'd still be terrified if I were him. He's tried to get immunity at least once and been ignored (or so it appears). Given how relatively low level his is compared to the guys the investigation is probably gunning for, that bodes badly on just how much solid evidence they have against him.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny how liberals decry conservative witch-hunting during the McCarthy era; now they create a new McCarthy scare of their own. The big difference being -- there were actual communist then, there are no Russian sympathizers now.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's funny how liberals decry conservative witch-hunting during the McCarthy era; now they create a new McCarthy scare of their own. The big difference being -- there were actual communist then, there are no Russian sympathizers now.

As soon as people are being dragged before Congress, asked to name names, being blackballed or worse, and the Constitution is completely ignored, we come come back to the McCarthy comparison. As of right now, there's an investigation into the matter. What strikes me as odd is how many Trump supporters seem to be, quite frankly, afraid of the investigation. You'd figure they'd welcome it so they could see their guy vindicated and then Trump can go around trumpeting how innocent he was. It's almost like there's this niggling doubt that's like a monkey on their shoulder and it won't let go and they have to keep ignoring that doubt and continue to double down on how it's all a witch hunt and nothing is there and please please please LEAVE DONALD ALONE!!!!

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As soon as people are being dragged before Congress, asked to name names, being blackballed or worse, and the Constitution is completely ignored, we come come back to the McCarthy comparison. As of right now, there's an investigation into the matter. What strikes me as odd is how many Trump supporters seem to be, quite frankly, afraid of the investigation. You'd figure they'd welcome it so they could see their guy vindicated and then Trump can go around trumpeting how innocent he was. It's almost like there's this niggling doubt that's like a monkey on their shoulder and it won't let go and they have to keep ignoring that doubt and continue to double down on how it's all a witch hunt and nothing is there and please please please LEAVE DONALD ALONE!!!!

We aren't afraid of anything. We would just like to see some legitimate evidence or allegations of wrong doing before wasting millions of dollars on a wild goose hunt.

What do you think Trump or anyone else actually did that was wrong. Please be specific, not bombastic.

We all know this is nothing but an attempt by the left to thwart Trump's agenda.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
We aren't afraid of anything. We would just like to see some legitimate evidence or allegations of wrong doing before wasting millions of dollars on a wild goose hunt.

What do you think Trump or anyone else actually did that was wrong. Please be specific, not bombastic.

We all know this is nothing but an attempt by the left to thwart Trump's agenda.

I don't know. That's the same answer *everybody* on here should be giving. There are investigations going on. There are a number of irregularities that could be criminal, could be innocent, could be in a grey area because of Trump's position. Take what he did while President-elect. We don't have a lot that covers that aspect and him talking to foreign nations, which I remember at the time being a big deal in the media, would never be seen a criminal, I suspect.

Let's see what the investigations (not witch-hunts mind you) uncover.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. That's the same answer *everybody* on here should be giving. There are investigations going on. There are a number of irregularities that could be criminal, could be innocent, could be in a grey area because of Trump's position. Take what he did while President-elect. We don't have a lot that covers that aspect and him talking to foreign nations, which I remember at the time being a big deal in the media, would never be seen a criminal, I suspect.

Let's see what the investigations (not witch-hunts mind you) uncover.

What irregularities?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What irregularities?

For example, contacts between campaign members and Russian officials that weren't disclosed and it seems like they are only disclosed when they're dragged into the light. Two people who were part of the campaign/transition team have had to retroactively register as foreign agents. It's weird, it might be nothing, it might be something.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For example, contacts between campaign members and Russian officials that weren't disclosed and it seems like they are only disclosed when they're dragged into the light. Two people who were part of the campaign/transition team have had to retroactively register as foreign agents. It's weird, it might be nothing, it might be something.

Which contacts were irregular? A Foreign Relations Committee chairman meeting with foreign ambassadors? Not irregular.

A former military officer with business ties to a foreign government? Not unusual or irregular. Flynn was not forthcoming about this so he was fired, which is also not irregular.

There is nothing here, and I think you know it. There isn't even a hint of anything.

What's amazing is that Hillary approved the sell of millions of dollars of uranium to the Russians and no one even batted an eyelash. Democrats are the most transparent of hypocrites on these issues.

• Agree
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Which contacts were irregular? A Foreign Relations Committee chairman meeting with foreign ambassadors? Not irregular.

A former military officer with business ties to a foreign government? Not unusual or irregular. Flynn was not forthcoming about this so he was fired, which is also not irregular.

There is nothing here, and I think you know it. There isn't even a hint of anything.

What's amazing is that Hillary approved the sell of millions of dollars of uranium to the Russians and no one even batted an eyelash. Democrats are the most transparent of hypocrites on these issues.

If you're going to try to pass along the debunked Hillary uranium story, I think you've shown your partisanship. It had to be approved by multiple Federal agencies that Clinton had no involvement with. If she was such a master at manipulating people, she'd be President right now.

You can think whatever you want but I don't know it. That's why I welcome an independent investigation into Trump, his campaign, Russian attempts to sway the election, and Trump's comments to Comey. I'm what you call fair. Why are you opposed to an investigation?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to try to pass along the debunked Hillary uranium story, I think you've shown your partisanship. It had to be approved by multiple Federal agencies that Clinton had no involvement with. If she was such a master at manipulating people, she'd be President right now.

You can think whatever you want but I don't know it. That's why I welcome an independent investigation into Trump, his campaign, Russian attempts to sway the election, and Trump's comments to Comey. I'm what you call fair. Why are you opposed to an investigation?

The Hillary story is not debunked.

Read about it here:
Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/...ssed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

• Agree
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did multiple Federal agencies unconnected to Clinton or the Clinton Foundation as well as some officials on the state level have to sign off on this deal?

Clinton was one of many people in the Obama administration required for this deal to go through.

That doesn't change the fact that she did give compliance and her foundation received cash from the Russians.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Clinton was one of many people in the Obama administration required for this deal to go through.

That doesn't change the fact that she did give compliance and her foundation received cash from the Russians.

Yes or no questions can be answered with either a yes or a no.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes or no questions can be answered with either a yes or a no.

Can you imagine if Trump's Foundation had taken money from the Russians?

There is a clear double standard. Democrats don't seem to care about the facts, they care only about stopping Trump's agenda.

Upvote 0