Stockbridge
✟78,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Let me begin by saying this: I am not voting for Biden or Trump.

Donald Trump either lost a ton of money for years or lied about losing a ton of money. He didn't want you to know this because he needs you to believe he paid his fair share. He needs you to believe he is one of you. He's not. He's playing the nation. While you struggle to pay taxes every year, he gets by with paying nothing.

New York Times: Trump paid no income taxes in 10 out of 15 years beginning in 2000 - CNNPolitics

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Let me begin by saying this: I am not voting for Biden or Trump.

Donald Trump either lost a ton of money for years or lied about losing a ton of money. He didn't want you to know this because he needs you to believe he paid his fair share. He needs you to believe he is one of you. He's not.
He's playing the nation. While you struggle to pay taxes every year, he gets by with paying nothing.

How mysterious it must be for you, then, to contemplate his nefarious reason for giving back his $400,000 annual salary to the US Government!

I do not know of any other president in recent years who did this, and then did it again, or gave any additional money to the treasury as this one has done.

If he is 'playing the nation' and not paying his fair share, he absolutely would not be doing this sort of thing.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
President Trump disputes the accuracy of these reports. That's worth something.

However, let's give the New York Times the benefit of a doubt that they don't deserve and assume their reporting is 100% accurate (which is already nigh into fantasy territory). It's known that rich people tend to find legal ways to not pay taxes. Debt is one way of doing that. Done properly, debt can actually be quite profitable.

So even if President Trump paid little or nothing in taxes or if he had substantial debt, well, I wouldn't expect anything different. So the Times isn't telling any of us anything that we couldn't have guessed.

The Times isn't falling on their collective face as badly as, say, Rachel Maddow did. But even if they're totally right, they're still saying nothing.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If he is 'playing the nation' and not paying his fair share, he absolutely would not be doing this sort of thing.

Why not ?

It is pretty much meaningless gesture now that only impresses people who use it as showcase of his piety while totally ignoring his abuse of his position to make money from Saudis

Trump said he has 'no financial interests in Saudi Arabia.' But his businesses have made millions from the Saudi government, and the crown prince gave his New York City hotel a huge boost.

From the secret service

Trump Organization Reportedly Charged U.S Government Over $1.1 Million For Luxury Hotel Stays

From the whomever rich people that want to bribe and influence the sitting President

Mar-a-Lago Membership Fee Doubles to $200K

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How mysterious it must be for you, then, to contemplate his nefarious reason for giving back his $400,000 annual salary to the US Government!

I do not know of any other president in recent years who did this, and then did it again, or gave any additional money to the treasury as this one has done.

Hi albion,

Really???? We're going to use the fact that he doesn't keep his $400,000. salary against his taking a $75m tax refund. OOOOk. Little Donnie Trump is a man who knows how to play the long con. He knows that what happens to his salary cannot be hidden like his tax returns can. So, in a wide sweeping show of largess, he offers to not keep his meager salary. And you know what this does? It causes people like yourself, when reading that he likely took millions from the U.S. treasury unfairly to say, "Oh, but he gives back his salary!"

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The bit about paying his daughter exorbitant “consulting fees” then writing them off as a “business expense” definitely does not look good.

When you hire the best you pay for it.

Or well guess you can pay your daughter too no matter how incompetent she is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi albion,

Really???? We're going to use the fact that he doesn't keep his $400,000. salary against his taking a $75m tax refund.
God bless,
Ted

If any person is ENTITLED to a tax refund, it's this one. That's REFUND, not gift.

The IRS isn't neutral about the matter, either, but wants any person who is entitled to a refund to take it.

My question to you would be what would make you admit to a million dollar gift to the US Government being generous on his part! Anything at all? Would ten million do?

When we look at the "heros" of the left, Obama and the Clintons, none of them would ever think of doing such a thing. It was just the opposite for all of them.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

samiam

Jun 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
If any person is ENTITLED to a tax refund, it's this one. [...]

The IRS isn't neutral about the matter, either, but wants any person who is entitled to a refund to take it.

[Snip whataboutism]

Actually, the $73 million refund he received in the early 2010s is being audited, and the IRS has not determined whether or not it is a legitimate refund.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My question to you would be what would make you admit to a million dollar gift to the US Government being generous on his part! Anything at all? Would ten million do?

Not really. His tax cuts to rich and corporations amount to just a tad more.....

Republicans passed tax cuts — then profited – Center for Public Integrity

“Contrary to Republican claims, the law is not paying for itself and is likely to burden the nation with an additional $1.9 trillion in debt over 11 years beginning in 2018, according to the Congressional Budget Office.”

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

True. That money could be write off. Also the personal checks he was handing out to tornado victims in Tennessee.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟78,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The replies and reactions here prove my point. He is playing us. We are so fooled by him that we cannot see the game he plays. He's telling us what we want to hear so that we keep voting for him. He doesn't care about us. He cares only about himself, but we ignore that and aid his lies, hate, and greed. We feed his ego and buy his empty words. What's worse is that we claim he supports the Church. Meanwhile, non-believers watch as the Church follows a liar down a dark path. They hear our excuses for supporting this man and laugh. We ease our conscience by claiming we aren't electing a pastor. We say we need this strong leader and that Christ would agree. Yet, Christ warned us about trusting the wrong people. Instead of being a beacon of hope in the darkness, we allow the Church to become the darkness. I weep for where we are. We have forsaken our Lord for the empty promises of a false prophet. We show no remorse as we corrupt the Church and her message.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The replies and reactions here prove my point. He is playing us. We are so fooled by him that we cannot see the game he plays. He's telling us what we want to hear so that we keep voting for him. He doesn't care about us. He cares only about himself, but we ignore that and aid his lies, hate, and greed. We feed his ego and buy his empty words. What's worse is that we claim he supports the Church. Meanwhile, non-believers watch as the Church follows a liar down a dark path. They hear our excuses for supporting this man and laugh. We ease our conscience by claiming we aren't electing a pastor. We say we need this strong leader and that Christ would agree. Yet, Christ warned us about trusting the wrong people. Instead of being a beacon of hope in the darkness, we allow the Church to become the darkness. I weep for where we are. We have forsaken our Lord for the empty promises of a false prophet. We show no remorse as we corrupt the Church and her message.
Trump isn't the problem with the state of the church in America today. No, the church has been going downhill for a long time, just like America. And I really believe that perhaps the biggest reason America is failing is because the church is. If we want to change America, we need to first restore the church.

• Winner
Reactions: Thomas White
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟78,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trump isn't the problem with the state of the church in America today. No, the church has been going downhill for a long time, just like America. And I really believe that perhaps the biggest reason America is failing is because the church is. If we want to change America, we need to first restore the church.

I agree 100% with that.

Upvote 0

samiam

Jun 25, 2003
San Diego, CA
Visit site
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
According to article, the New York Times did not see Trump's tax returns, but are speculating.

Ahem! From the NYT article about Trump’s tax returns:

New York Times said:
The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office.

Edit: And, to handle the inevitable “Fake News!!!!” reply, Trump can prove this is fake news by making his tax returns public record the way every other presidential candidate in recent history has.

I would support a constitutional amendment requiring one to release their tax records if they run for US president.

Upvote 0