Trump talks up combating opioids, yet his funding shortfall and Medicaid cuts would blunt his plans

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought the medicaid cuts were removing all the children that belonged under the Children's plan (free) and putting them back under that. IMO those who slant or not tell the whole truth have reasons for doing so, and not all of them are Christian. That goes for POTUS and everyone....

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the medicaid cuts were removing all the children that belonged under the Children's plan (free) and putting them back under that. IMO those who slant or not tell the whole truth have reasons for doing so, and not all of them are Christian. That goes for POTUS and everyone....
You have some proof to support that? Not looking for a fight but like you said telling the whole story is always a good thing. :wave:
tulc(likes the whole story as well) :)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
But I'm guessing cutting out a lot of funding isn't actually going to help either. :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :sorry:
I look at a country that's 21 trillion dollars in debt (is that right?).

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow...good thing they gave all those rich people a huge tax cut to help off set the cuts they're making in health care for people in need! :sorry:
tulc(the US dodged a bullet that time, huh?) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Trump helped push through huge tax break for rich. One that will most likely have your children working many many extra hours in their lifetime to pay off incurred debt.

But nearly all Trump supporters liked giving huge tax breaks for the richest Americans at the expense of up to 1.5 trillion USD in debt.

But now when it is children and poor in need, Trump supporters think going in debt is bad?

Does that sincerely make sense to you? Tax breaks for richest Americans good, medical care for children and poor bad?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You have some proof to support that? Not looking for a fight but like you said telling the whole story is always a good thing. :wave:
tulc(likes the whole story as well) :)

Billy Clinton created CHIP Children's Health Insurance Program. In my recollection, Obama paid for CHIP by placing it into the Medicaid program. This administration is removing the CHIP program from medicaid ---there is no money left in it's coffer (I'd say budget but seems Obama's admin never created a new budget in any year? Just CRs.) That's one reason why there aren't any real cuts to medicaid, just putting CHIP back under it's own category. (The other touted "cuts" are proposed future budget funding levels that don't have to be high bc it removes Obama's CHIP from medicaid.)

CHIP was created in 1997 and runs on a mix of federal and state funds. The program is a safety net for working families through which well-child visits are free and, depending on the state, families may be charged a small cost for other benefits.
Poor children are covered by a complicated mix of programs. Medicaid covers 37 million children. The Children's Health Insurance Program, known as CHIP, has 8.9 million enrolled. Together, these two programs cover about one in three American children, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Mr Trump wants it funded separately, disagreeing with a only 6 year extension over which Congress is haggling. (He tweeted this.
)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Wow...good thing they gave all those rich people a huge tax cut to help off set the cuts they're making in health care for people in need! :sorry:
tulc(the US dodged a bullet that time, huh?) :sigh:
Most people got a tax cut. Why do you begrudge giving one to rich people?

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes. Trump helped push through huge tax break for rich. One that will most likely have your children working many many extra hours in their lifetime to pay off incurred debt.

But nearly all Trump supporters liked giving huge tax breaks for the richest Americans at the expense of up to 1.5 trillion USD in debt.

But now when it is children and poor in need, Trump supporters think going in debt is bad?

Does that sincerely make sense to you? Tax breaks for richest Americans good, medical care for children and poor bad?
Most people got a tax cut. Why do you begrudge giving one to the rich people?

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most people got a tax cut. Why do you begrudge giving one to the rich people?
They got the huge tax breaks. Regular people got tiny tax breaks.

It is nothing to me. Your children and likely your grandchildren are the ones who have to work many many extra hours to pay for all those tax breaks. Maybe even not get healthcare because the treasury is empty. If you are willing to put your children in that position that is your choice.

Upvote 0