Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dreamers shouldn’t be happening. People should migrate legally though it is not really the kids’ fault. They should let them stay but make a rule that there is a time limit.

Why should doing the right thing by these kids (who were brought here for no fault of their own), depend on whether or not Trump gets to build a useless wall on the border?

Why should justice be dependent on Trump getting his way?

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
We need the wall so we won't be right back here again in another few years with a new set of illegals brought here by their parents.
Its not just Trump getting his way.

Obama had 8 years to fix this and did nothing.

The way I see the 2 parties..

Democrats approach hurting people by helping them just enough with promises and hand outs so they stay needy.. maintaing the mindset that they can not survive without the government hand outs... Thus solidifying their base.

Republicans help the hurting by solid actions, low taxes, jobs.. thus giving them the opportunity to help themselves.

Its that old saying... Give a man a fish or teach him to fish

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
That’s nice. Link to your claim?

In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even the author of the book admits it's a fake news book.
M-Bob

Show us that.
Monday, Jan 8:
Book author defends raising questions about Trump's mental fitness
Under fire from the White House, Michael Wolff defended raising questions in his new book about President Donald Trump's mental fitness as a responsibility of those who witness his behavior.
"It would be irresponsible not to," Wolff said Monday on CNN's "Tonight with Don Lemon."
The White House has slammed the book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," with press secretary Sarah Sanders calling it "complete fantasy," and an attorney for Trump sending a "cease and desist" letter to Wolff and the book's publisher.
CNN has not independently confirmed Wolff's assertions, which include claiming virtually everyone around Trump is concerned about the President's ability to do the job. Wolff told CBS News earlier Monday he did not speak with Trump Cabinet members or Vice President Mike Pence.
Wolff said Monday that despite the pushback, "100%" of those around Trump are concerned about his mental fitness.
Book author defends raising questions about Trump's mental fitness - CNNPolitics

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”

Not quite saying it is all fake news but good to keep in mind. At least it was in prologue if readers bother with it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”"

So his book is about these untruths. That's not what you claimed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We need the wall so we won't be right back here again in another few years with a new set of illegals brought here by their parents.

Two things wrong with that.
1. illegal immigration from Mexico is declining, and illegal immigration from Asia is increasing. So it's a Maginot Line, that won't work.

2. It assumes that Mexicans won't be able to build 12-foot ladders.

Its not just Trump getting his way.

It's about using the DACA kids as hostages to get his vanity wall built.

Obama had 8 years to fix this and did nothing.

Well, let's take a look...

blog_net_illegal_immigration_mexico_2006_2014.jpg

illegals-removed-chart-1-29-2014.png

Small wonder that there's been a net reduction in illegal aliens in the US on Obama's watch:

Democrats approach hurting people by helping them just enough with promises and hand outs so they stay needy..

That's not consistent with what's happened. For example, Bill Clinton sent a bill to Congress that greatly reduced the time a person could qualify for welfare, but also provided incentives for them to get training for decent jobs. Ultimately, that passed and was signed into law. And not surprisingly, the poverty rate fell.

Republicans help the hurting by solid actions, low taxes

They just raised taxes for working class Americans.
Senate tax bill would cut taxes of wealthy and increase taxes on families earning less than $75,000 by 2027
Senate tax bill would cut taxes of wealthy and increase taxes on families earning less than $75,000 by 2027

Well, let's take a look at that...
jobless%20rate-rev.PNG

Doesn't seem so, does it?

Its that old saying... Give a man a fish or teach him to fish

Or the republican plan; "take more of his fish."

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure you can if you try.
Not this dance again. This should be against the rules, and there is a whole other thread about this. When someone is challenged on a claim, it is up to the CLAIMANT, not the challenger, to defend the claim.

Burden of proof, responsibility for.

Learn it.
Love it,
Live it.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Barbarian... You keep talking up the increase in taxes by 2027
You do know that is brought to us by the democrat party. I know you do because I explained it to you.
Also if Republicans remain in control... It isn't going to happen.
Ted has already wrote a bill to make the cuts permanent . but of course democrats will fight against it.

Let me tell you a well know secret.

Democrats are not afraid Trump will not succeed and be a good president
They are afraid he will.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian... You keep talking up the increase in taxes by 2027
You do know that is brought to us by the democrat party.

Nope. Not one democrat voted for it. It was entirely a republican plan. It gives Trump and his friends millions of dollars in tax cuts, and raises taxes on most everyone else to pay for it.

Also if Republicans remain in control... It isn't going to happen.

I've heard that story before. Reagan cut taxes for the rich, and said "don't worry, I won't raise taxes for the middle class. But then he did it. Biggest middle class tax increase up to that time. So I'm not buying the story. If they didn't want to raise taxes on us, they could have just made it permanent.

Ted has already wrote a bill to make the cuts permanent .

Republicans already made Trump's tax cut permanent.

Even republicans realize that Trump is a failure as president. They just realized that they can get their agenda done without doing anything he wants.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
'm sorry, but there is no way that I have the patience to keep typing information to some one with blinders on.

I did it for you.

You are a democrat

Libertarian. I've never once voted in a democrat primary. You've merely projected some kind of imagined person here.

and that's that. Its fine with me.

If you'd remove the blinders, you might find it easier to understand.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not this dance again. This should be against the rules, and there is a whole other thread about this. When someone is challenged on a claim, it is up to the CLAIMANT, not the challenger, to defend the claim.

Burden of proof, responsibility for.

Learn it.
Love it,
Live it.

"Maintain the peace and harmony of CF by not rehashing alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts...."

Reactions: Sojourner1
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Maintain the peace and harmony of CF by not rehashing alleged grievances or disputes, publicly complaining about posts...."
Um no thanks - I will speak my mind, do my part to raise the level of discourse here, and take the consequences knowing I did the right thing.

As for publicly complaining about posts: just recently, you accused me of goading simply because I requested posters present evidence to defend their claims.

Log, meet eye.

Upvote 0