Trump supporters, please explain something to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Correct. I would expect that the trial defence occurs after the charges have been laid.

You cannot indict a sitting USA president, hence the impeachment process.
Articles of Impeachment have been drafted and voted upon against Donald Trump
Abuse of Power
Obstruction of Congress

In support of ongoing democracy, ensure a fair election process, protect vulnerable allies from a rough government.

Nah. Not worth getting into all that again. I just wanted to give my opinion concerning the OP.

Trump supporters, please explain something to me..

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟193,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is all going to come out anyways. Just a matter of time. So there is no need for me to be jumping thru hoops.

Heck, I'm still waiting for somebody to find Hillary guilty of something.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,421,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this is the first American President to ever have been impeached in an attempted coup. History will definitely remember this one. I think this is also the first known coup attempt on a sitting President.

The power to impeach is in our Constitution.

History will remember if the U.S. Senate fails to conduct a legitimate trial with both sides calling witnesses.

• Friendly
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The misuse of FISA
The issues with getting the FISA warrant for electronic surveillance of Carter Page was with regards to Carter Page and had nothing to do with an attempt to get Donald Trump.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know that you’re wrong. But I looked. I couldn’t find any information on how the House violated any of those in order to write and pass their two articles of impeachment. You obviously saw or read something to make that claim. What was it?

I am so over the constant nagging, ridicule, libel, slurs, epifitas, and emotional toil I face as a Trump supporter, I don't even want to go there right now. How often have I even been on here lately?

Anything I post is just going to be an argument anyways. Even when I take days to read, research and post original articles from the source it is pointless at this point.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I voted for and support the President of the US. I m not afraid of anything you cited. Nothing. You just falsely accused me. Par for the course though.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I voted for and support the President of the US. I m not afraid of anything you cited. Nothing. You just falsely accused me. Par for the course though.

Who are you responding to?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟263,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I am so over the constant nagging, ridicule, libel, slurs, epifitas, and emotional toil I face as a Trump supporter, I don't even want to go there right now. How often have I even been on here lately?

Anything I post is just going to be an argument anyways. Even when I take days to read, research and post original articles from the source it is pointless at this point.

I have no clue how you made your claim. For all I know you made it all up. I don’t think you did but I don’t have any evidence of the Democrats doing the things you claimed in your post. This is a discussion board. If you make a claim, supporting it with evidence is common courtesy, especially when asked for. If you have a reason for any claims you make, it should be simple to do. Refusing to back up your claims makes it look like you just made something up to slam the other side.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,905.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The issues with getting the FISA warrant for electronic surveillance of Carter Page was with regards to Carter Page and had nothing to do with an attempt to get Donald Trump.
It couldn't possibly have been in attempt to get Trump because Mueller held the position that he cannot indict a sitting president. He even went further to claim that he would not even make a determination if the sitting president had carried out any criminal activity.

Given this. He is the very best person a Trump supporter could have ever hoped to get, with regards to investigating the Trump Campaign. For him, Trump was off limits.
And the very worst person, a person hoping for a coup could have got.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you make a claim, supporting it with evidence is common courtesy

Unfortunately we have been having the same discussion about the same topics, and both sides still using the same arguments for months now. Not a single inch of progress.

Not interested in doing it all over yet again, again, again......

There are people quoting my posts responding to me with the exact same argument we have discussed several times before. Thee exact same arguments. Maybe even verbatim. Which means not a single thing I posted in response to them even mattered, at all. It's right back to square one all over again.

I'm just going to sit back and wait for what I know is coming. Enjoy myself for a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And it AIN'T as a saint!

Oh well, then, I guess if Trump has the thumbs-up from the Big Guy....

Because Conservatives have a double standard! Hillary = Bad, but Trump is appointed by GOD ALMIGHTY!

Repenting fro what, exactly? Does Trump need to repent?
Trump is no saint, but he is instrumental in feeding millions of hungry children now in our good economy, as many are also off welfare and also is responsible for our country's safety. Much bigger job than Mother Teresa's
Every leader is appointed by God - didn't you read the scripture?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟603,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my point of view, the time for witnesses was in the house, but considering it was a 1-sided railroading job, maybe witnesses would be a good thing.

Although, I reject the premise they would be needed to clear the President. He's in no danger at this moment of being impeached since the case against him is nothing but unsubstantiated partisan claptrap.

As far as future presidents are concerned, the Dems have set the precedent that a future Repub House can push through partisan impeachment articles using the same railroading techniques the Dems just employed. And if that President tries to go to the courts to prevent the setup, they can also just add those actions to the impeachment articles. So, it's very possible the Dems current corruption will bite them for decades to come.

He's already been impeached. What is in question is whether or not he will be removed.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟603,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It violates the Constitution. Would you like to be forced to prove that you did NOT commit a crime? Would you like to open all your financial records to the FBI so that they can see if you have done anything wrong? After all, if you did nothing wrong, you should have no objection to doing that! Should you?

Look at what happened to Mike Flynn. He said something that was not entirely accurate and now he may have to spend the rest of his life in prison! Can anyone blame him? Can you remember exactly what happened on Nov 4, 2018? And if you get any detail wrong you will go to prison for the rest of your life?

They just used it to trap him. So what do you think the Dems would do to Pompeo, Mulvaney, Bolton, Guilliani if they fall into their sleazy traps?

The House Dems were suppose to send the case to the Senate. If the case is not strong on its own then they should never had impeached Trump.

But I would mind to hear the whistle-blower openly testify. I wouldn't mind hearing Adam Schiff openly testify how many time he talked to the whistle blower before the impeachment. I wouldn't mind Joe Biden testifying why did he threaten to withhold money from the Ukrane unless they fire the investigator on why Hunter Biden received $18,000 a month do doing nothing!

Michael Flynn transcripts are available online. When he and others originally plead guilty, the judge asked if they understood the charges, and if they had any problem with them. Each charge is read through one by one. He said he understood and had no issue. He would have served no time at all had he not traded out his legal team for conspiracy chasers and also he tried to sabotage another case. In one of the transcripts the judge pondered why he wasn't being accused of treason after what he had done, so I'm pretty sure if he only gets 6 months he will be getting off lightly.

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/121818am-USA-v-Michael-Flynn-Sentencing.pdf

Michael Flynn Plea Agreement Documents

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but they are trying to stop government from doing the job of governing. So why not accept that Senate republicans aren't going to be your lap dogs looking for non-existent crimes.

You mean that “job of governing” they’re doing while hundreds of bills have been held up for a vote by the Grim Reaper McConnell...?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Trump is no saint, but he is instrumental in feeding millions of hungry children now in our good economy, as many are also off welfare and also is responsible for our country's safety. Much bigger job than Mother Teresa's

Feeding hungry kids by trying repeatedly to cut funding for hungry kids?

Trump Administration Unveils More Cuts to Food Stamp Program

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Whatever, the fact remains that the Senate may call as witnesses the people I identified but it will not call those that have no information to give that is relevant to the charges.

Why isn't the testimony of people who were actually directly involved in the process of releasing funds to Ukraine and directing the discussions with Ukraine (Pompeo, Guilliani, Mulvaney, Bolton) relevant to the charges?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Our point is that the president's remarks to date lead to the opposite conclusion. He feels that he deserves an acquittal, for this to be on the record.

Just heard Polosi on the news saying that McConnell is talking about bringing up a vote on the floor to dismiss the charges against the president.

She said with a smile on her face that even so, he will always have an impeachment on his record.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Mueller was commissioned by the Republican Acting Attorney General Rod Rossenstein. Mueller wasn't working for the Dems, and wasn't looking to find evidence to press any charges against the sitting president. Even if he found evidence of wrong doing by the sitting president, he still wasn't going to press charges.

The Special Council investigation has nothing at all to do with the investigation and trial into the Ukraine shakedown.
How can you logically go from
a) The special council investigation didn't charge Donald Trump with a crime
Therefore I'm not wasting my time with any future investigation of unrelated wrong doing by Donald Trump.

Basically you are saying that since Mueller didn't charge Trump with crimes when he was investigating Russians and Trump's campaign members therefore Trump can now feel free to commit crimes and he should never be investigated.

Moreover, the same people that are now claiming "I won't listen to anything after the Muller investigation" are the same people that steadfastly refused to read and assess the Mueller Report with any sort of objectivity.

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump is no saint, but he is instrumental in feeding millions of hungry children now in our good economy

While his administration cuts food stamps or makes them harder to get.

Could not care less about what the scripture says about why we currently have the most corrupt man in the Oval Office I've seen in my 56 years on the planet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.