Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How can a political "stunt" be considered good?
You as a Christian should recognize that a stunt is just that-- a means to deceive others.

And why are you labeling something good as a political stunt? See how that works? You started out with a false premise and slandered those who did something good for others.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know how it is good--I was asking YOU how it is good.

"?"-----that is the indicator at the end of my sentence.

And prove to me where I slandered them for the work that they did. Are my detractors making things up now as they have nothing else in their defense?

A Pollical deception or stunt is all good? tell me where that is supported in the Bible. "Do not be decieved" IS most certainly in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how it is good--I was asking YOU how it is good.

"?"-----that is the indicator at the end of my sentence.

And prove to me where I slandered them for the work that they did. Are my detractors making things up now as they have nothing else in their defense?

A Pollical deception or stunt is all good? tell me where that is supported in the Bible. "Do not be decieved" IS most certainly in the Bible.

Lots of word-twisting there.
Asking how a "political stunt is good" is the same as me asking you how many times you beat your wife today. It assumes a negative.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No where in you Avatar does it indicate you are a Christian Believer. so I might be wasting my time debating with you.

I have wasted my time debating trolls before--just saying'

My Avatar isn't my entire profile. See "Non-Demon" for faith affiliation.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Asking how a "political stunt is good" is the same as me asking you how many times you beat your wife today. It assumes a negative.--Aldebaran

Either it is good or bad--you seem to insist that it is all good.
If you agree is not good---- why then are we arguing or debating the issue?

I am sure you would agree that deceiving factor is against God's wishes--whether one perpetrates the deception or believes in it. Why then would a political stunt be this good?
We have a choice in the life to accept deceptions [evil] or accept truth {good}

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I guess I will continue to avoid deceptions and love truth as this verse tells us

2 Thessalonians 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump supporters do more than the Democrat politicians of Baltimore have done in years. God bless them.
As for the Liberal media reaction, no surprise at all.
let me guess. You are yourself are a Trump supporter?

Talk about patting oneself on the back.

• Haha
Reactions: Alien Lotus
Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
let me guess. You are yourself are a Trump supporter?

Talk about patting oneself on the back.
Presumptuous much? No, I wasn't there cleaning up the Baltimore the largely Democrat officials let fall that far. Do some research on what party runs Baltimore and has for decades. Hint: Not the Republicans.

Russia didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did!

Let me guess you suffer TDS.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Presumptuous much? No, I wasn't there cleaning up the Baltimore the largely Democrat officials let fall that far. Do some research on what party runs Baltimore and has for decades. Hint: Not the Republicans.

Russia didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary did!

Let me guess you suffer TDS.

Her is the thing friend, You have been decieved--not in who runs Baltimore, as I don't have to do any Research to tell me that.

The whole thing was a "political stunt", pointed out by another poster. I then went on to define this political stunt and went on to define it all as a deception. Their motives btw, not what they did.

Certainly you as a Christian Believer should be warry of deceptions. As to Hillary, I believe while admittingly she was a bad candidate as most certainly Trump was----the Russian hackers did their work well in their deception to convince you and millions of other Trump supporters that Hillary was not only bad, but evil.

How will it feel in the End when you realize you were only following many deceptions generated by the world we all live in a present? You going to say "Lord, Lord I cast out many demons and supposedly did many things in your Name" and then have Him say " I never knew you"? [My paraphrase of Matthew 7:22-23]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Her is the thing friend, You have been decieved--not in who runs Baltimore, as I don't have to do any Research to tell me that.
Well you do if you want to speak intelligently about the politics that make Baltimore a slum.

The whole thing was a "political stunt", pointed out by another poster. I then went on to define this political stunt and went on to define it all as a deception. Their motives btw, not what they did.
A different poster may opine as they wish so as to detract from what Republicans did for the people of Baltimore. I'd think you'd be more astute so as to realize when someone diminishes the good will of a group of people who happen to be Trump supporters, they're diminishing the party. With intent. And ignoring the good will of the people, regardless of party, that cleaned up this particular area of Baltimore.

Certainly you as a Christian Believer should be warry of deceptions.
I am, as I've demonstrated. Perhaps you should pay more attention to such things.

As to Hillary, I believe while admittingly she was a bad candidate as most certainly Trump was----the Russian hackers did their work well in their deception to convince you and millions of other Trump supporters that Hillary was not only bad, but evil.
Do you live in America? Seriously.
Russian hackers didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary R. Clinton did.
She was corrupt as a Senator, she was guilty of espionage and treason as Secretary of State. Along with her boss, Barack H. Obama, who people seem to ignore was the one that told her to set up the illegal server in her home basement.
Russian hackers didn't create the deplorable history Hillary R. Clinton created for herself.
Hillary did that all by her own evil choice and love of money. Her, Bill, and Barack, betrayed this nation from the time they entered politics.

How will it feel in the End when you realize you were only following many deceptions generated by the world we all live in a present? You going to say "Lord, Lord I cast out many demons and supposedly did many things in your Name" and then have Him say " I never knew you"? [My paraphrase of Matthew 7:22-23]
I'll feel saved. While right now I feel sorry for you that you don't recognize that scripture that you think to post in your self righteous bravado applies to you.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So do you have anything to back up your foolish opinions--like in Scripture itself?

Many Christians on this Board are so ready to put out their opinions but the act like they are almost afraid to post Scripture to back us anything. Do you rely on worldly opinions more that the Bible, itself? It certainly seems that way,

2 Thessalonians 2:10
and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you do if you want to speak intelligently about the politics that make Baltimore a slum.

A different poster may opine as they wish so as to detract from what Republicans did for the people of Baltimore. I'd think you'd be more astute so as to realize when someone diminishes the good will of a group of people who happen to be Trump supporters, they're diminishing the party. With intent. And ignoring the good will of the people, regardless of party, that cleaned up this particular area of Baltimore.

I am, as I've demonstrated. Perhaps you should pay more attention to such things.

Do you live in America? Seriously.
Russian hackers didn't make me vote for Trump. Hillary R. Clinton did.
She was corrupt as a Senator, she was guilty of espionage and treason as Secretary of State. Along with her boss, Barack H. Obama, who people seem to ignore was the one that told her to set up the illegal server in her home basement.
Russian hackers didn't create the deplorable history Hillary R. Clinton created for herself.
Hillary did that all by her own evil choice and love of money. Her, Bill, and Barack, betrayed this nation from the time they entered politics.

I'll feel saved. While right now I feel sorry for you that you don't recognize that scripture that you think to post in your self righteous bravado applies to you.
You have demonstrated that you are a Christian or a True Believer? [as many use that word as more of a social allegiance]

When you post nothing to back up what you say and instead nothing more that "it's really just my opinion". No wonder Christ warns us ther will be a falling away.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

FYI, that means an Apostacy.

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You have demonstrated that you are a Christian or a True Believer? [as many use that word as more of a social allegiance]

When you post nothing to back up what you say and instead nothing more that "it's really just my opinion". No wonder Christ warns us ther will be a falling away.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

FYI, that means an Apostacy.
Judge not lest ye be judged. And it is Apostasy. Be careful what you bait. God is not mocked.
Where is your proof to the contrary. All you do is post scripture to present a self-righteous judgmental demeanor against Christians here. Which tells us a great deal about what is behind that.

baltimore democrats in power at DuckDuckGo

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Judge not lest ye be judged. And it is Apostasy. Be careful what you bait. God is not mocked.
Where is your proof to the contrary. All you do is post scripture to present a self-righteous judgmental demeanor against Christians here. Which tells us a great deal about what is behind that.

baltimore democrats in power at DuckDuckGo

Judge? See you don't even understand what contending for The Faith versus judgment is. I only warning you as Christ is the only Judge. People distort that Faith and I am going to speak out.

Jude 1:3
Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

But I see I have hit a sore spot with you here as you desire to keep at it.
Results of a guilty conscience maybe [yours]?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given that this was done by a secular political group, of course the motives were political. Is there a problem with that?

Of course their motives were meant to deceive as political. But then, you as a Christian are taking that deception.

How does that work again?

Let me try to somehow equate to an example.
The Pharisees demanded Christ's Crucifixion. Judas had of course taken satan's deception to deliver Him up for 30 pieces of silver.
Now when the Pharisees demanded His death and got the crowd to join in their demands of "Crucify Him, Crucify Him". {specifically Luke 23:20-23] Do you think the members of that crowd individually got off the hook { so to speak} when they joined the Religious leaders in their demands even though God Foreordained it all? Deception is oftentimes subtle and we do not even realize we are being decieved at times because it is a slow process of finally accepting and believing the deception.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what deception you're talking about. You're the only one here who seems to care about motives...
Seems your focus is really temporary. The deception is the one you once admitted was a political stunt and then I proved it was a deception.

If this activist were to lead a group in his own city and do a bunch some clean-up, do you think it would be news-worthy? He got some notoriety over the fact that he was cleaning up a Democratic stronghold and somehow that deception permeated to those of you who are also Trump supporters. Taking the focus off of Trump's tweets in that deception. This happens somewhat in both Parties, but the conservatives have become master at this as I have noted probably back to Reagan era.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
Test all things; hold fast what is good.

My mandate to live by.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is an interesting article about the event:
We assume it was pure motives that led a Trump supporter to launch a cleanup in Cummings’ district, right?

Look, we appreciate anyone who is willing to roll up their sleeves to help Baltimore. More than 170 people came from all over the country and cleaned up nearly 12 tons of trash, according to Mr. Presler’s Twitter feed. He doesn’t post any photos of the totality of the trash, so we’ll have to take his word for it.

But if this was all about “Americans helping Americans,” why all the videos of Baltimore residents thanking Mr. Trump for bringing attention to the issue? We happen to know that not everybody in West Baltimore feels that way. And in the same posts as the videos, why the frequent reminders that this is in act Mr. Cummings’ district?.......

Amazingly enough, Mr. Presler is not the first one to come up with the bright idea of a neighborhood cleanup. It is not really that remarkable of a concept. In fact, they happen all the time. Sadly, it doesn’t take long for people (frequently from outside the community) to refill the alleyways with illegal dumping and for grass to grow again in front of vacant buildings with no resident available to tend the lawn. Does Mr. Presler know that drug dealers use trash to hide their product and have been known to threaten people who try to clean it up? The solutions are just not that simple.........

We also hope Mr. Presler keeps his promise to return to Baltimore once a month. It would definitely give his motives more credibility. It might also give him better perspective about the city’s problems than any single visit can provide. Maybe it could even lead him and his followers to advocate for federal housing, health care, transportation, education, criminal justice, civil rights and anti-poverty policies aimed at urban communities.

Upvote 0