Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why does it have to be this 12 tons? Is that a number more to claim bragging rights?
He is admittedly is a conservative activist--that tells me right there that it wasn't so much that he and they cared-- it more was to make a statement.

12 tons, or 24,000 Lbs--what's the issue? The point is that they went there and got rid of a lot of garbage. Why is that being made to look like a bad thing?

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
12 tons, or 24,000 Lbs--what's the issue? The point is that they went there and got rid of a lot of garbage. Why is that being made to look like a bad thing?

Are you putting words in my mouth? I never claimed it was a BAD thing. let me clear this up for you--this is what I first wrote:

While I agree this is a good thing that they did, it has turned into at political activist thing.--Jamesone5

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who is talking about garbage trucks and why would I throw the trash in the truck all over the place? You abosulty make no sense.
As to helping out my neighobrs. I do and I certainly do NOT make the statement it is because I am an Independant

12 tons of loose garbage is quite a bit.

Conservative activist--Get it? The guy is going to do whatever he can to promote the conservatives.

And? I think most of the people that helped out are just genuinely nice people. That was awesome.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
12 tons of loose garbage is quite a bit.

And? I think most of the people that helped out are just genuinely nice people. That was awesome.
i agree. Many were Baltimore residents.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i agree. Many were Baltimore residents.

100% honest... I am so happy to hear a feel good story about everyone coming together. People were smiling, thankful, laughing... God bless them. I thank them all for lifting up my spirits. We need more of that brotherly love. I honestly pray it is catching.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you putting words in my mouth? I never claimed it was a BAD thing. let me clear this up for you--this is what I first wrote:

While I agree this is a good thing that they did, it has turned into at political activist thing.--Jamesone5

Then allow me to rephrase it: Why is it being made out to be something other than just cleaning up a place where there is so much garbage? As for being turned into a political activist thing, it seems that just about ANYthing can be turned into that, especially if a politician is the face of a situation. Elijah Cummings was the first to mention how Baltimore is "infested", but it didn't become a political issue until Trump used that word.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
100% honest... I am so happy to hear a feel good story about everyone coming together. People were smiling, thankful, laughing... God bless them. I thank them all for lifting up my spirits. We need more of that brotherly love. I honestly pray it is catching.
I honestly pray it is catching.
I agree. i NEEDED to see this. Baltimore needed this story. My heart breaks for Baltimore.

I pray it is catching, too. :)

• Winner
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then allow me to rephrase it: Why is it being made out to be something other than just cleaning up a place where there is so much garbage? As for being turned into a political activist thing, it seems that just about ANYthing can be turned into that, especially if a politician is the face of a situation. Elijah Cummings was the first to mention how Baltimore is "infested", but it didn't become a political issue until Trump used that word.

Who controls the conversations in this Country?

Trump of Cummings?

Here is the thing. When I do something for someone [actually am involved with just that right now and I am just in out of the sun], God get the Glory as it should be. I am retired so, especially now I help out whoever has a need that I hear about and my political affiliation is not brought up. Don't know if this conservative activist is a Christian, but so many people claim their worldly political allegiance and neglect the fact they are a Christian when they do their charitable deeds.

As this is a Christian Board, that should be noted.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Trump of Cummings?

Here is the thing. When I do something for someone [actually am involved with just that right now and I am just in out of the sun], God get the Glory as it should be. I am retired so, especially now I help out whoever has a need that I hear about and my political affiliation is not brought up. Don't know if this conservative activist is a Christian, but so many people claim their worldly political allegiance and neglect the fact they are a Christian when they do their charitable deeds.

To be blunt, I think people just do not like hearing about Trump supporters in a good light. That may not be your reasoning, but it is my opinion it is a factor.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be blunt, I think people just do not like hearing about Trump supporters in a good light. That may not be your reasoning, but it is my opinion it is a factor.

Why do some Trump supporters feel they need to prove anything and then make sure their deeds get on the news? Maybe quilty consciences for what the President they support is tweeting and the after -effects?

Oh, yeah he leads the majority of the Evangelicals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad they did something good. But people doing stuff for their town don't typically announce political affiliations. The circumstances make it look like a political stunt, don't you think?
Perhaps but when pawing through rotting trash, feces and who knows what else, they would have to be very politically motivated.

The news which hit nationally were the complaints of the local pols.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I pick #1, but then you asked the question wrongly.

That is just it--he got this group of volunteers to do it for a political statement. He admits right there that he is a political activist who supports Donald Trump to effecitively garner good will for the conservative cause. You, as a conservative are reading the story, aren't you?
Once again:

Matthew 6:3
But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

Why or why do we have to make these things a political statement?

I asked the precise question I intended to ask and it was in no way wrong to ask it that way.

Who is making it political more than the leftist media who are belittling the effort and making it into something partisan and those who are parroting that same media?

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Trump of Cummings?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I asked the precise question I intended to ask and it was in no way wrong to ask it that way.

Who is making it political more than the leftist media who are belittling the effort and making it into something partisan and those who are parroting that same media?

Answer to the first statement

That would be based on nothing more that you biased opinion
Kind of like "when did you stop beating your wife?"
btw ---I did answer it--just not the way you liked.

2nd statement or question:
Who is making it more political? Answer:
You and this conservative activist. The term "Conservative activist" is in fact very political and so far no one has accused me of being a liberal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad they did something good. But people doing stuff for their town don't typically announce political affiliations. The circumstances make it look like a political stunt, don't you think?

In the world of politics, anything is not only possible but very likely
But what does one expect from "worldly" affiliations that people pretend is that same as honoring God somehow. There is no commandment in the Bible that says "thou shalt not be a liberal"

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Answer to the first statement

That would be based on nothing more that you biased opinion
Kind of like "when did you stop beating your wife?"
btw ---I did answer it--just not the way you liked.

2nd statement or question:
Who is making it more political? Answer:
You and this conservative activist. The term "Conservative activist" is in fact very political and so far no one has accused me of being a liberal.

We will just have to disagree.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do some Trump supporters feel they need to prove anything and then make sure their deeds get on the news?

Because we get getten bloodied in the streets for just wearing a shirt or a hat. Libeled as racists, bigoted, people that want children in cages... Maybe some want others to see they are normal, and loving people that actualy care for others.

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because we get getten bloodied in the streets for just wearing a shirt or a hat. Libeled as racists, bigoted, people that want children in cages... Maybe some want others to see they are normal, and loving people that actualy care for others.

Compared to the people who have gotten killed because of Trump's rhetoric, which you obviously support or make excuses for.

Gimme a break.

1 John 3:18
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

Like this maybe but not for the Hispanics that are supposedly invading our Country?

Upvote 0