Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s a sad commentary that a President pays off a former mistress just before the election and it barely gets a mention on a forum like this one.

Trump, aka Dennison, probably didn’t sign the agreement thinking he could deny knowing about it. He likely knew that he could be in a sexual relationship on the Mall and his fervent followers (including many fundamentalist Christians) would stand firm. And they appear to be doing so.

I wonder how many Christians have fornicated and committed adultery themselves? I think the number would be staggering, mind blowing, but we'll never know cause most of them they ain't running' for office huh? So much for forgiveness when it concerns politics and elections eh?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
JFK got caught at what and when?
Sorry, mistook him for bill clinton.

Your presidents start to blend together after a while of listening to trump. They're all so.. normal.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, mistook him for bill clinton.

Your presidents start to blend together after a while of listening to trump. They're all so.. normal.

JFK today, wouldn't have been able to run for dog catcher. Back then, the media didn't out him for boatload of women he was with and it was common knowledge.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here is another point, let's pretend I am an atheist/agnostic. What's the big deal? So POTUS personal morals do not agree with yours? In the states our whole society is very sexualized, sex sells and most have no issue with capitalizing on the fact. So we're not much more than sophisticated animals, and watching them, what do they do? Is it illegal to sleep with a inappropriate content star?

Ok, back to responding as a Christian. When I went to the voting booth, I did not vote for a Pope, Bishop, Priest, Pastor, Reverend nor did I vote with the same moral expectations I would expect from a Church authority. In fact, no denomination or religion is running our government, and is prohibited in the Bill of Rights. Politicians themselves may or may not subscribe to this denomination or that religion personally, but personal religion and its influence on how a person governs is a far cry from being held to the standards of a Theocracy. So bottom line is, I am not POTUS judge, I do not know his heart, I cannot even say I know he is a Christian. So I especially do not understand how people who deny all objectivity or absolutes in ethics have issue with the POTUS pre-politics sexual life.

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is another point, let's pretend I am an atheist/agnostic. What's the big deal? So POTUS personal morals do not agree with yours? In the states our whole society is very sexualized, sex sells and most have no issue with capitalizing on the fact. So we're not much more than sophisticated animals, and watching them, what do they do? Is it illegal to sleep with a inappropriate content star?

Ok, back to responding as a Christian. When I went to the voting booth, I did vote for a Pope, Bishop, Priest, Pastor, Reverend nor did I vote with the same moral expectations I would expect from a Church authority. In fact, no denomination or religion is running our government, and is prohibited in the Bill of Rights. Politicians themselves may or may not subscribe to this denomination or that religion personally, but personal religion and its influence on how a person governs is a far cry from being held to the standards of a Theocracy. So bottom line is, I am not POTUS judge, I do not know his heart, I cannot even say I know he is a Christian. So I especially do not understand how people who deny all objectivity or absolutes in ethics have issue with the POTUS pre-politics sexual life.

The reality is; about 40% of men and likely 30% so of women, have extra marital affairs. I tend to think this is higher among people in power, who have significant influence and power over people. If having extra marital affairs, disqualified people from jobs, a whole lot of people would be out of work.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Here is another point, let's pretend I am an atheist/agnostic. What's the big deal?

Clearly Trump thinks its a big deal. He apparently paid the woman $130,000 to keep quiet about it.

So we're not much more than sophisticated animals, and watching them, what do they do? Is it illegal to sleep with a inappropriate content star?

I'm sorry, is anyone saying it was illegal? Sleazy, sure, especially right after his wife had given birth, but I don't recall anyone saying he should've faced criminal charges.

Ok, back to responding as a Christian. When I went to the voting booth, I did not vote for a Pope, Bishop, Priest, Pastor, Reverend nor did I vote with the same moral expectations I would expect from a Church authority. In fact, no denomination or religion is running our government, and is prohibited in the Bill of Rights. Politicians themselves may or may not subscribe to this denomination or that religion personally, but personal religion and its influence on how a person governs is a far cry from being held to the standards of a Theocracy. So bottom line is, I am not POTUS judge, I do not know his heart, I cannot even say I know he is a Christian.

Well, he's claimed to be one, so if he's not, that'd make him a liar.

So I especially do not understand how people who deny all objectivity or absolutes in ethics have issue with the POTUS pre-politics sexual life.

I don't have issue with it. It shows he's a philandering pig, but I kind of suspected that already, so no big deal.

Speaking for myself, the only reason I care is because so many on the right treat Donald Trump like he's a candidate for sainthood, and this spits in the face of that. For all the preaching and moralizing from the religious right, they had no qualms supporting a man who embodies most of what they despise. If something like this had come out for Obama when he was in office, I would never have heard the end of it.

I don't think he should be impeached or anything for this, obviously. I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting that. But the next time some conservative starts talking about moral decay in America, I'm going to point a finger at the man they elected.

Also, as I said before, I am curious why Trump's seemingly gone to such lengths to keep this woman quiet. She's not the only one who's come out with this, so why is she a threat that needs to be silenced when the others are allowed to talk at length?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Clearly Trump thinks its a big deal. He apparently paid the woman $130,000 to keep quiet about it.

And your point is? Settlements are quite common, that she took the money and continues on makes her what?

I'm sorry, is anyone saying it was illegal? Sleazy, sure, especially right after his wife had given birth, but I don't recall anyone saying he should've faced criminal charges.

If I were not a Christian, and if I were the typical sleazebag lying to my wife adulterer that I've watched on shows like Maury and Steve, well I might be inclined to give POTUS a "fist bump", high five, or pat on the back.

Well, he's claimed to be one, so if he's not, that'd make him a liar.

Or self-deceived like so many religious folks. There is a difference when a person believes they are something which they are not.

I don't have issue with it. It shows he's a philandering pig, but I kind of suspected that already, so no big deal.

I suspected before I decided to vote for him, which gets back to what I mentioned previously about not voting for a Pope, Priest, Bishop, Pastor, Reverend. The alternative is worse than a "philandering pig" and worse than the liar she is.

Speaking for myself, the only reason I care is because so many on the right treat Donald Trump like he's a candidate for sainthood, and this spits in the face of that. For all the preaching and moralizing from the religious right, they had no qualms supporting a man who embodies most of what they despise. If something like this had come out for Obama when he was in office, I would never have heard the end of it.

Oh please, who is treating Donald Trump like a model Saint? Give me a break! The religious right, as though we were a cancer, as though identifying with religion were a sin...HA! What I hear from you is moralizing against the religious right. I doubt Republicans will hear the end of this, even on this forum, this is hardly the first thread on this topic, and I sincerely doubt it will be the last, so save it.

I don't think he should be impeached or anything for this, obviously. I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting that. But the next time some conservative starts talking about moral decay in America, I'm going to point a finger at the man they elected.

Sorry but it is kind of funny how you seem to speak for everyone, it's like you can read minds. I suspect it will be suggested, and shot down for the nonsense that it is. As for moral decay in America, pointing a finger at any POTUS for such is nonsense. No POTUS dictates individual morality, and moral responsibility and behavior involves individuals. Sorry but I couldn't even blame moral decay in America on presidents I detest, if people are looking to blame someone, most can start by looking in the mirror.

Also, as I said before, I am curious why Trump's seemingly gone to such lengths to keep this woman quiet. She's not the only one who's come out with this, so why is she a threat that needs to be silenced when the others are allowed to talk at length?

Sounds like more conspiracy for the fake news groups, maybe they can find the answer in a dumpster or interviewing some truth speaking hooker in a Russian jail.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
And your point is? Settlements are quite common, that she took the money and continues on makes her what?

A person who likes money?

If I were not a Christian, and if I were the typical sleazebag lying to my wife adulterer that I've watched on shows like Maury and Steve, well I might be inclined to give POTUS a "fist bump", high five, or pat on the back.

Your point being...?

Or self-deceived like so many religious folks. There is a difference when a person believes they are something which they are not.

Fair point. Trump does seem to be deluded about a great many things.

Oh please, who is treating Donald Trump like a model Saint? Give me a break!

Lots of people. I've seen numerous people on this very forum lionize the man. I don't have the patience to look it up, but I recall this one topic where the poster bestowed on him the honor of priesthood just because he said a few Bible versus.

The religious right, as though we were a cancer, as though identifying with religion were a sin...HA!

I never said anything of the kind.

What I hear from you is moralizing against the religious right.

I don't really care what the religious right does in the privacy of their own homes. I wish they'd return the favor.

Sorry but it is kind of funny how you seem to speak for everyone, it's like you can read minds.

I absolutely never claimed to speak for anyone. I think I even went out of my way to say these were just my feelings on the matter.

As for moral decay in America, pointing a finger at any POTUS for such is nonsense. No POTUS dictates individual morality, and moral responsibility and behavior involves individuals.Sorry but I couldn't even blame moral decay in America on presidents I detest, if people are looking to blame someone, most can start by looking in the mirror.

Good for you. There are quite a few conservatives who don't share your restraint.

Sounds like more conspiracy for the fake news groups
Translation: People who say things that Trump doesn't like.

What part of that is 'conspiracy'? She was paid off for silence, that's a fact. I'm just trying to parse out why shutting her up was more important than keeping all the other women quiet.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder what it is costing the democrat party, probably dear Hillary herself, to get sweet and innocent Stormy to come forward so she can take showers in cash.

What is the "democrat" (sic) party?

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many Christians have fornicated and committed adultery themselves? I think the number would be staggering, mind blowing

I for one agree with you. Even better, what percentage of these are 100% hypocrites who whinge on about homosexuality/gay marraige

Here is another point, let's pretend I am an atheist/agnostic.

Trying...trying...trying. Nope, sorry, pretence failed.

What's the big deal?

The hypocrisy, and it's not so much big deal as big funny. See previous comment in this post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I for one agree with you. Even better, what percentage of these are 100% hypocrites who whinge on about homosexuality/gay marraige

Trying...trying...trying. Nope, sorry, pretence failed.

The hypocrisy, and it's not so much big deal as big funny. See previous comment in this post.

Sooo hypocrisy doesn't agree with your personal moral standards? And you're not a hypocrite in any fashion or form to any extent? As far as I can tell, everyone plays the hypocrite at some point in some way or another. It's not funny really, not to me, it's sad, but I guess that's just how it is.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's not a secret society, but members of such may be loyalists to said "party". What is a "republican" party?
Huh???

The Republican party (with a capital R is one of two major political parties in the U.S.). I'm still unclear as to what the "democrat" (sic) party is.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Huh???

The Republican party (with a capital R is one of two major political parties in the U.S.). I'm still unclear as to what the "democrat" (sic) party is.

That's $hort for democratic or democrat$, you know these duds I mean dudes. Goodness my grammar and spelling is all over the place!

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That's $hort for democratic or democrat$, you know these duds I mean dudes. Goodness my grammar and spelling is all over the place!

How ¢lever. And it's so refreshing to see someone openly admit they're violating the flaming rules.

Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0