Not open for further replies.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
"A senior political analyst said President Donald Trump's call for two Supreme Court justices to recuse themselves from all cases related to him was a step toward the "perhaps inevitable moment" when he would defy a Supreme Court decision.
The analyst made his remark after President Trump pushed for Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg to recuse themselves from cases involving his administration just days after Sotomayor hit out at the government for repeatedly seeking "emergency relief" from the Supreme Court.
"

Trump call for Sotomayor and Ginsburg recusals is step toward defying Supreme Court decision, says political analyst

For those of us who have been tracking Trump's progression, this should come as no surprise. Trump has created a paradigm in which he can never be convicted of anything - anyone who would convict him is obviously "biased" against him.

His supporters have been echoing that sentiment with increasing fervor, not dealing with facts, only trying to make the argument that anyone who has ever said anything negative about Trump is "biased" and can't possibly be objective in any case involving Trump, his associates, or his interests. We're already at the point in which Supreme Court Justices are fair game, and, if Trump gets re-elected, it will certainly get worse.

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"A senior political analyst said President Donald Trump's call for two Supreme Court justices to recuse themselves from all cases related to him was a step toward the "perhaps inevitable moment" when he would defy a Supreme Court decision.
The analyst made his remark after President Trump pushed for Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg to recuse themselves from cases involving his administration just days after Sotomayor hit out at the government for repeatedly seeking "emergency relief" from the Supreme Court.
"

Trump call for Sotomayor and Ginsburg recusals is step toward defying Supreme Court decision, says political analyst

For those of us who have been tracking Trump's progression, this should come as no surprise. Trump has created a paradigm in which he can never be convicted of anything - anyone who would convict him is obviously "biased" against him.

His supporters have been echoing that sentiment with increasing fervor, not dealing with facts, only trying to make the argument that anyone who has ever said anything negative about Trump is "biased" and can't possibly be objective in any case involving Trump, his associates, or his interests. We're already at the point in which Supreme Court Justices are fair game, and, if Trump gets re-elected, it will certainly get worse.
Your dictator in chief awaits.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
He is positioning himself to be above the law --- he is a very dangerous person and these are very dangerous times for the nation. The Republic may be gone within the decade.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are few things more disingenuous than taking one event or statement and then claiming that this COULD be the first step towards _____.

Of course if the speaker were to say it absolutely WILL result in ________, or IS NOW ________, that would be only a ridiculous and personal guess at best and, at worse, something that would put the speaker in big trouble.

Therefore, the smartest of character assassins use the COULD LEAD TO approach. Sure, it COULD...or it equally might not (!). So he's safe. And the speaker can make just about any prediction imaginable since it's only a COULD claim.

But the smear has been delivered just the same.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Supreme Court has already positioned itself above the law. I'm not sure how much law we even have left to flout.
SCOTUS is the highest court in the land..... just sayin’

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are few things more disingenuous than taking one event or statement and then claiming that this COULD be the first step towards _____.

Of course if the speaker were to say it absolutely WILL result in ________, or IS NOW ________, that would be only a ridiculous guess at best and perhaps slander at worst.

Therefore, the smartest character assassins use the COULD LEAD TO approach. Sure, it COULD...or it equally might not (!). And the speaker can make jkust about any prediction imaginable since it's only a COULD claim.

You speaking of the Presidents comments about the two justices of the Supreme Court?

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
He is positioning himself to be above the law --- he is a very dangerous person and these are very dangerous times for the nation. The Republic may be gone within the decade.

He tries to position himself above EVERYTHING & EVERYONE. That just makes him look smaller & weaker not bigger & mightier. He says he is a Christian but doesn't honour that & ask for forgiveness to God, leading me to think he thinks he's above that too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

I really do think he'll be dead in a decade not just bc of his age but how he doesn't take care of himself properly at all & appears to be deteriorating cognitively before our eyes every day. It's my generation that is gonna have to clean up the mess he leaves. We'll do it but we shouldn't have to. It's not even our fault he's in office.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really do think he'll be dead in a decade not just bc of his age but how he doesn't take care of himself properly at all & appears to be deteriorating cognitively before our eyes every day. It's my generation that is gonna have to clean up the mess he leaves. We'll do it but we shouldn't have to. It's not even our fault he's in office.
Not your fault ?
2010-reasons-young-people-dont-vote_circle.jpg

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Not your fault ?
2010-reasons-young-people-dont-vote_circle.jpg

That's from 2010. I was super young then.

I'm a Zoomer. We we born during or after 1999. So no it's totally not our fault that Trump got elected in 2016.

I can finally vote. I am an American but live in Canada. I already sent in my ballot by mail for the primary. I'll be voting in Nov. NOT for Trump!!!!!

There were a lot of Zoomers who DID vote in the midterms in 2018 bc they were finally old enough to but some weren't old enough yet. There was a great youth turnout. I mean not excellent but an improvement for sure. The Parkland kids have been amazing w advocacy!!!! I'm friends IRL with Ella, stanfordella from here, we went to Stanford OHS together & she another friend from there worked as Gen Z consultants to increase youth voter registration. So now when students at Stanford go to register for classes for the quarter this pop up reminds them to register to vote if they haven't yet & all the information is given to them. Some don't know where they're supposed to vote if they're from out of state. With the OHS there's a pop up reminding kids to preregister if 17, will be 18 by election day or 18+. So kids are doing our part.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Of course if the speaker were to say it absolutely WILL result in ________, or IS NOW ________, that would be only a ridiculous and personal guess at best and, at worse, something that would put the speaker in big trouble.

Therefore, the smartest of character assassins use the COULD LEAD TO approach. Sure, it COULD...or it equally might not (!). So he's safe. And the speaker can make just about any prediction imaginable since it's only a COULD claim.

At what point should we hold someone to what they say?
When should we trust A president...not even this president.....any president ever? But this one specifically, when is he being an idiot, an amazing statesman, rude and brash, the saviour of America, or just joking?

Gah!!! The standard set for being a human. Being just keeps sinking.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.