Trump Spiritual Advisor Wants You To Send Her Up To 1 Month’s Pay Or Face ‘Consequences’

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
OK, if it means that much to you, Trump is connected to a con artist, and I guess condones the fact she is one? I assume that's what we're supposed to be getting from this?

it means nothing to me.
i just posted an article about someone who was placed on a "evangelical advisory committee," whatever that means, that is basically extorting others for money to feed her lifestyle in the name of god.
that's it.
mainly my reason for posting this article is that i view the entire prosperity gospel and it's proponents as slime.
i don't even care that trump is connected to this.
so either discuss that or don't but i won't waste anymore time on you and your strange defensiveness and dismissals.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it means nothing to me.
i just posted an article about someone who was placed on a "evangelical advisory committee," whatever that means, that is basically extorting others for money to feed her lifestyle in the name of god.
that's it.
mainly my reason for posting this article is that i view the entire prosperity gospel and it's proponents as slime.
so either discuss that or don't but i won't waste anymore time on you and your strange defensiveness and dismissals.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I would never question someone's faith because they chase money.

After all, if next to all religions have one thing in common, it's the aquisition of wealth.

Then why do so many mainline churches in the US have to shut their doors and sell their property every year? Some of us do care about stuff more than money.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Then why do so many mainline churches in the US have to shut their doors and sell their property every year?
For the same reason many buisnesses have to shut their doors and sell their property every year: they were less successfull.

It's a dog eat dog world.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
For the same reason many buisnesses have to shut their doors and sell their property every year: they were less successfull.

It's a dog eat dog world.

Our churches are not run like businesses, for the most part. Most of us would think of that as not being particularly faithful.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*BUMP*

Huff Post didn't quote her exactly when they said -- Paula White, a prosperity gospel preacher with close ties to President Donald Trump, is calling on followers to send her donations of up to one month’s salary. Those who don’t pay up could face “consequences” from God as he demands the dough as a “first fruits” offering.

...Only 3 words were actually in quotation marks in that whole paragraph.

...So what is it *exactly* that we're so angry about again?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it means nothing to me.
that's it.

Lol. Do you even know what prosperity gospel is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Our churches are not run like businesses, for the most part. Most of us would think of that as not being particularly faithful.
And that's why they go broke, while the megachurches of the prosperity gospel lack neither faithfull nor funds.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
And that's why they go broke, while the megachurches of the prosperity gospel lack neither faithfull nor funds.

It's popular with a kind of gullible poor person. But it's not consistent with the faith of Luther or Calvin. Anybody who researches the history of this particular form of religion will discover it was influenced by New Thought, which was in turn influenced by Victorian Romanticism and Transcendentalism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's popular with a kind of gullible poor person who views the Bible as a magical book and God as some kind of spiritual force they can manipulate. But it's not consistent with the faith of Luther or Calvin.

Anybody who researches the history of this particular form of religion will discover it was influenced by New Thought, which was in turn influenced by Victorian Romanticism and Transcendentalism.
Do you believe that the people who follow those prosperity gospels are not saved by them and will not go to heaven after death?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you believe that the people who follow those prosperity gospels are not saved by them and will not go to heaven after death?

I wouldn't say that necessarily but the teaching does endanger peoples souls in general by moving the emphasis away from faith in Jesus as the Savior against sin, death, and the Devil, and towards God saving you from lack of affluence. It's a very blatant and extreme Theology of Glory, in the Lutheran sense.

The early Christians recognized poverty and suffering as potentially being sacramental. That God is close to the poor and those who suffer. Whereas the Prosperity Gospel often sees poverty or suffering as almost the opposite. That's a very damaging message and not consistent with how the earliest Christians understood their faith.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't say that necessarily but the teaching does endanger peoples souls.
Do you think that they endanger more or less souls than a church that is closed down because it isn't profitable enough?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think that they endanger more or less souls than a church that is closed down because it isn't profitable enough?

Some so-called prosperity preachers like Joel Osteen are just really moralists, and no worse than many other churches that emphasize the human response in salvation. But when you start threatening people who don't give alot of money, or making blatant promises of wealth and prosperity, it's very damaging, much more than an empty church.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a group called the Prosperity Gospel preachers. Basically Evangelicism and Scientology had a baby.

I always thought prosperity gospel involved basically going all the way in everything you do.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,759.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I always thought prosperity gospel involved basically going all the way in everything you do.
It seems to be a way of guilting people to send in money.

I can’t imagine God needs any.

Upvote 0