The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kings 18-20, we didn't need a prophet to see that our country was in danger of being over run and we needed to repent, we could see the Assyrians at the gate, which is why millions of people hit their knees asking for mercy. I won't argue that we are in the end times, but this was a true stay of judgment and miracle of God. I don't think anyone was motivated to pray that they don't lose their sinful lives at all.

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your comparison is far off the mark. In order for your comparison to be adequate, it would need many and real points of commonality to be present. Your comparison lacks most of these. In addition, you are assuming that Christian Trump supporters are putting their trust in a man. That is simply not true. I know God Almighty selected Trump and will continue to guide him. It is God, working through the prayers of the Saints, that is moving upon and in Trump.

Although I would have preferred a genuinely saved man to have won the primaries, I will not assume that there was enough Cristian prayer going up for the election process during the Primaries to accomplish that. If there was not enough prayer cover to bring in a genuine Christian (regenerated/justified in Christ) during the primaries, Trump was the next best choice.

Also, you and many others continue to ignore or forget that it might be Michael Pence who eventually takes the Office. Maybe this has been God's plan all along. In such a scenario, Pence will have bypassed the direct voting process. However, I do believe that Trump will most likely remain in Office for most if not all of the 4 year term.

There is now more prayer going up for our nation and its leaders than there was during the primaries, I believe. I have seen evidence for this.

Praying for a nation is one thing. Praying for an earthly king to bring deliverance to a nation is not scriptural. We know by scripture that all governments have been placed by God
...but scripture also tells us that there is not a man on this earth that can deliver or save us. A true son/daughter of God knows that this earth is not home. We are just passing through and are called to be Ambassadors of HIS Kingdom, promoting and walking in HIS Kingdom by HIS Spirit...that our ONLY HOPE is in HIM. What is going on in a nation is prayer worthy, but not something we are called to involve ourselves in - the politics of that nation. Our King is not its leader...Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

1 Timothy 2:1-3

God places governments in power to either bless or curse...Romans 13:1-7 Our concern is to be whether we walk in accordance to HIS calling and obeying HIS commandments. His own will have no fear or concern for what man is in power over a nation. This is not our home land. Our King is not of THIS world...IF our King is Jesus Christ. We must honour who ever is in power, and never complain about them. All things work together for good for those who love HIM.

The Bible must be what we compare and test all things to...not the confines of human understanding. There is not a man on this earth we are ever called to promote and stand behind to govern a nation. We are called to tell the world the Good News about the Gospel of Jesus Christ that will deliver us from all evil and cause us to be blind to the World and by HIS Spirit, allow us to SEE the one true Kingdom and our KING, Jesus Christ.

By looking at the governing powers at work in the world, we can see the signs of the times in which we live. Pray for them all. Romans 13:4

Psalm 94:1-23

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Planned Parenthood is defunded I hope there is a plan in place to provide those prenatal and postnatal services that young women with limited means so desperately need. Or are they, like so many others, going to be hung out to dry to provide corporate welfare and tax cuts for the rich?

So Obama care really is garbage then.

• Agree
Reactions: HawgWyld
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woohoo! +1 for christians. Or at least those who are against abortion.

As for the argument about healthcare, you can get free healthcare anywhere. Most of our hospitals offer free healthcare for pregnant women and you don't have to pay (assuming you aren't making a ton of money). And most countes have "Free clinics". My wife went to one and got all her "womanly" things taken care of free. There are also other places that offer that stuff to for free. Or very little if need be (like bring 3 cans of food so they can donate them).

They other services PP offers were just thrown in there because they knew they would have a better case to be protected if they offered other services, where as if it was just abortion, they could easily have funding taken away. Actually PP was originally created in part due to a white woman who wanted to use it to (not a direct quote) "stop the spread of the blacks!". As in they wanted it to get black women to have abortions because apparently this woman was a racist. And a democrat if I recall. Not that the last part matters.

• Agree
Reactions: HawgWyld
Upvote 0

HawgWyld

May 3, 2013
Benton, Ark.
Visit site
✟21,824.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Woohoo! +1 for christians. Or at least those who are against abortion.

A major problem I have with Planned Parenthood is that the group could get by just fine without the approximately $500 million per year it receives from state and federal sources. If the group wants to slash its costs, perhaps it could stop spending $1 million or more per year on lobbying. There's corporate welfare and then there's ... that. We are essentially paying Planned Parenthood to lobby for even more public funding and laws expanding abortions (I'm still waiting for the group to latch on to the notion that a woman should be able to abort a "fetus" until it reaches the age of 18-years-old).

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A great read on the origins of PP here http://www.ewtn.com/library/prolife/pphistry.txt

Next we need to legally define when life begins (as if we don't know), at conception.

Q: what is the penalty for stealing a bald eagle egg ?
A: The Bald and Gold Eagle Protection Act prohibits "the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit." The definition of "take" includes pursuit, hunting, killing, capture, and disturbance, so it concerns the specific circumstance of your question.

First time violation of the act can result in one year of imprisonment and/or a fine of up to $100,000 for individuals/$200,000 for an organization. Subsequent violations are treated as felonies—a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment.
Q: what is the penalty for killing an unborn child?
A: Lifelong guilt

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
A great read on the origins of PP here http://www.ewtn.com/library/prolife/pphistry.txt

Next we need to legally define when life begins (as if we don't know), at conception.

Q: what is the penalty for stealing a bald eagle egg ?
A: The Bald and Gold Eagle Protection Act prohibits "the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit." The definition of "take" includes pursuit, hunting, killing, capture, and disturbance, so it concerns the specific circumstance of your question.

First time violation of the act can result in one year of imprisonment and/or a fine of up to $100,000 for individuals/$200,000 for an organization. Subsequent violations are treated as felonies—a maximum fine of $250,000 or two years of imprisonment.
Q: what is the penalty for killing an unborn child?
A: Lifelong guilt

Addressing the issue of when life begins, I have attached an excellent, 15 page PDF that discusses the ethics and science (from a Christian perspective) of stem cell research, human cloning and human embryos.

Page 15 of the document itself (page 9 on my pdf reader) discusses the issue of when life begins.

Attachments

• Stem cells, cloning, human embryos.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green
I don't even want to same the name of the man
so let me just give you a few hints
WE shall make GERMANY GREAT AGAIN
had this man died before ww two
he would have went down as HITLER THE GREAT
he improved the economy
he ran on all the ideals of making Germany great again
and it worked.....
he was strong on a german military
on german might
how he knew how to win the people and the church
THEN betrayed the CHURCH.......

frienden thalord:

Yes, it's true. Hitler promised to make Germany Great Again, especially after the demise of World War I. That's why I feel more than just a bit uneasy about President Trump's rhetoric wanting to make America Great Again. America is a great country to begin with
Adolf Hitler was a Catholic by birth but his actions were anything but Christian.
My best

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump Signs Law to Let States Defund Planned Parenthood

"President Donald Trump signed legislation Thursday that once again enables states to withhold federal family planning funds from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers."

Trump Signs Law to Let States Defund Planned Parenthood

New York Times Misuses Data to Criticize Defunding of Planned Parenthood

NY Times Uses Flawed Data to Buttress Planned Parenthood

Congress Right to Affirm That States Can Defund Planned Parenthood

Congress Right to Affirm States Can Defund Planned Parenthood

Stay encouraged all you praying Christians that are interceding for your nation.

As I have been saying for a while now, there are no biblical passages mandating inevitable moral decline in the nations prior to the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 event. The Lord woke me up to this about 2 years ago, and I have been proclaiming it everywhere I can. If your pastor or teacher tells you otherwise, then ignore it. Continue to stand in the gap for your country, not only believing that the Lord can heal our nation, but that He will--If we do our duty in interceding for our communities, nations and leaders.

Pray Christians, like you never have before. For your nation's sake, for your children's sake.

We must remember to pray for the members of this webesite as well.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

“Ye are the salt of the earth...” (Mat 5:13)

Salt certainly preserves.
Salt certainly make something more desirable.
Salt certainly is a vital nutrient and thus nourishes.
Salt certainly affects the entirety of that to which it is applied.

Christians have been charged with not only representing the Truth, but also to affect the whole earth. Salt affects the entirety of that to which it is applied.
How does 2Th 2:3 fit into your thinking? "Let no man deceive thee by any means, for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the Son of perdition." Honest question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kutte

Dec 30, 2007
USA
✟31,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Green
Your comparison is far off the mark. In order for your comparison to be adequate, it would need many and real points of commonality to be present. Your comparison lacks most of these. In addition, you are assuming that Christian Trump supporters are putting their trust in a man. That is simply not true. I know God Almighty selected Trump and will continue to guide him. It is God, working through the prayers of the Saints, that is moving upon and in Trump.

Although I would have preferred a genuinely saved man to have won the primaries, I will not assume that there was enough Cristian prayer going up for the election process during the Primaries to accomplish that. If there was not enough prayer cover to bring in a genuine Christian (regenerated/justified in Christ) during the primaries, Trump was the next best choice.

Also, you and many others continue to ignore or forget that it might be Michael Pence who eventually takes the Office. Maybe this has been God's plan all along. In such a scenario, Pence will have bypassed the direct voting process. However, I do believe that Trump will most likely remain in Office for most if not all of the 4 year term.

There is now more prayer going up for our nation and its leaders than there was during the primaries, I believe. I have seen evidence for this.

Hi AACJ,
Oh my goodness, God selected Trump and will continue to guide him? Did God also select other world leaders past and present such as Hitler or Stalin?
God bless

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Someone asked a good question.
WHEN does life begin................
no matter what one believes, I can prove ITS LIFE by doing this one thing.
with a scenario, that is illogical , due to we don't have nor ever will time machines.
but I could make the most stanch advocate for abortion rights scream in utter terror.
no, we are kind........so it would be nothing mean.
BUT I want everyone who supports abortion to hear this .
IF in a moment of time...................I could bring one back to the very moment of conception.
and show them.................their mama and their daddy.
and then say..............hey its only been one hour since conception.
IS that a baby..............or just a blob of cells, not life.......
I am sure most would say its not life, no
BUT..........
if I said ,well OKAY since its not life , lets just end it........
THAT PERSON WOULD GO BERSERK screaming
no waits that's me.........if you do that I WONT BE BORN
MY POINT .
ITS LIFE and it always was..................
see the point for those who want to pretend its not life..........
they would wig out screaming no wait, no wait its me...an THEY KNOW THEY WOULD.
but the scenario is............well illogical due to no time machines.
BUT I don't care what science calls its
ITS HOW WE ALL BEGAN
ITS LIFE............................PERIOD
and man just because he wants to feel better and call and consider it whatever
NO.............its life and anyone of the most stanches supporters
of abortion rights...................WOULD SCREAM if that scenario were possible
HEY..............supporters of abortion..........how bout SUPPORTIG LIFE>..................

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you all imagine how evil it could be one day.......
imagine a law
now imagine this law could at any time
for no reason, don't matter if you did no evil
don't matter what color you are
but that you could be killed................
if someone saw you as an inconvenience , or in the way of their goals
bam..................under this law you could be killed
with no rights, no right to anything.
OH wait........................over sixty million dead babies KNOW this law exists NOW..............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All leaders are raised up by GOD.
even pharaoh
even tyrus..
even Obama, even trump.
not all may agree with that.......but its true.
my advice for us all...................time for HEAVY PURE BIBLE reading......
and ceasing from doctrines of men and false prophets.
most have no idea the very pattern of how one like Obama
or Trump came into power
neither knew GOD .
but he left loved Obama and praised him as a man of GOD
so too the right does with trump.
IF we just knew the pattern in the bible.
the churches around the time , prior to hilter had long sold out
So too with America.
the left sold out , so it got Obama to make it far wors
the right long sold out , so now it got TRUMP,
beware.......................of his positive christantiy message...ITS COMING.....................

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
however when it comes.....................it will sound SO GOOD to the RIGHT...............
just like obamas message to the LEFT sounded......both sold out
the churches are in dire straits and shambles...........and so many
embraced the false prophets cry for TRUMP.
neither side follows GOD................NEITHER...................

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lets make It real easy.........
not if , but WHEN trump starts saying things like , we need a more
positive chrisatnity.......................You all flee that man asap................
not if................WHEN he does this.........................WHEN.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
How does 2Th 2:3 fit into your thinking? "Let no man deceive thee by any means, for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the Son of perdition." Honest question.
Hi Greg. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Yes, 2Th 2:3 is certainly a go-to verse for those proclaiming that the nations must decline (morally or otherwise) in fulfillment of a supposed precondition to the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 event. However, there is an alternative interpretation. But before proceeding, I must make two important points. In my personal eschatological model, I understand that the Matthew 24:31 and 1 Thessalonians 4:17 events are separate events with seven or more years between them, not two stages of one event, like so many prophecy teachers teach, but simply two separate events (I hold to a pre-trib model). I also believe that all verses or passages that describe inevitable moral decline in the nations (to whatever degree) have either been misinterpreted, have occurred/are occurring, or have been applied to the wrong time period.

2Th 2:3 makes no reference to some bibically mandated, consistent, progressive, worlwide inevitable moral decline occurring pre-Rapture. Also, the Bible passage here does not explicitly state in what way this falling away was or is to be realized, nor exactly in what form it would take.

And of course, there are those who intentionally or mistakenly believe there is some kind of additional word in the text modifying αποστασια (apostasia; Falling away), such as "great" or something else. No such modifier is in the text.

Alternative interpretation 1
I will remind you that the Apostle Paul was very concerned with members of the churches he established "falling away," for he said:

Act 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Act 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

Now, it is self-evident that a falling away has already occurred and continues to occur. Apostasy has already occurred and will continue to occur. People fall away all the time. Early Church apostasy occurred in the early Church. Visibly speaking, it extended all the way up to the 12th Century. In fact, it occurred to such an extent that it resulted in paganism infiltrating the early Church. But of course, before that, there was other heresies that developed and grew to such and extent that they had to be formally addressed.

And it should be remembered that these "falling aways" did not require some worldwide, progressive moral decline in the world.

In addition, if one interprets 2Th 2:3 to mean that the "falling away" that Paul describes is a necessary precondition to the "day of Christ" or the reveal of the Antichrist, then one must consider that the apostle Paul did not specify exactly when this falling away would occur. In other words, the Historical and present falling away that I mentioned could very well be the fulfillment of this verse. This of course would be the fulfillment of 2Th. 2:3 occurring before the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 event (before the 7-year trib). This works within the pre-trib model.

Now, that is just one alternative interpretation of 2Th 2:3. There is another alternative interpretation for those supporting eschatological models other than the pre-trib model.

Alternative interpretation 2
Another possible interpretation occurs with other eschatological models
wherein this "falling away" could simply be those Christians that buy into the Anti-Christ's deception and actually fall away in following Him. That would occur during the seven-year trib. Personally, I hold to the pre-trib position.

Last edited:
Upvote 0