Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just when you think he can't get lower...

Hi barbarian,

I understand the sentiment, but I think he's shown that he probably has no qualms with going all the way to the bottom of being civil, reasonable or thoughtful in pretty much all that he does.

He has certainly resorted to the lowest form of referencing people in his name calling tactic. He seems to near daily show us how little thought he actually must put into the words that 'escape' his lips. While I'm sure it will be debated, due to the source, Bolton's book paints the picture of a national leader who, at best, holds two security briefings a week and does most of the talking himself. Apparently having little knowledge of that wise adage that there's a reason that God gave us two ears and one mouth.

Unfortunately, when one thinks to themselves that they are the smartest person living on the face of the earth, which is also shown us by the regular carousel of 'the smartest people' passing through and around the WH, I imagine it's hard to get them to listen to anyone who really is smarter on various issues.

I really have a hard time understanding that his base really doesn't seem to be willing to stop for a minute and look across the landscape of this nation and see how divisive and anxious everyone in the country is becoming...under his leadership.

As stevil pointed out, their only concern seems to be this issue of abortion and they seem willing to throw out the baby with the bath water to make inroads on this issue. The irony being that in 3 years, we've really seen very, very little, on a national level of any such inroads. He seems fine with sending out EOs to address pretty much every issue from immigration to benefits to environmental policies, but on the matter of abortion or overturning Roe v. Wade, there hasn't been much of a mumble. Certainly no hard line push to change the current laws and regulations concerning such. I can only guess, that since President Obama wasn't the one in charge of establishing the current laws, he really has no issue with them, despite his few remarks concerning abortion.

His base doesn't seem to understand that about 10 years ago, Donald Trump's stance on abortion was pretty much in line with what we have today as the law regarding abortion. In fact, the record shows that Donald Trump registered as a Republican for the first time in 1987. However, since then he has changed his party affiliation five times. He seems to change his affiliation with political parties with the whim of the wind and which way it's blowing for him. Instead of, like a lot of his base, being a diehard Republican or Democrat and standing by their platform, as he now expects all Republican voters, he just changes parties when he feels out of touch with one party's platform agenda. I wouldn't be surprised, if he loses this election, that he won't make some claim that Republicans are losers and register as an Independent. Which is also one of the party affiliations that he has held previously.

According to Politifact, Trump registered for the first time as a Republican in 1987. In 1999 he changed his affiliation to Independent. August 2001 he became a Democrat. 2009 he became a Republican, again. That lasted for two years, when in 2011 he registered as an Independent...again. Then in 2012, he made his final, so far, change back to Republican. I would imagine that Donald Trump himself is not the kind of 'Republican' that he wants all of his Republican base to be. Hardcore, dyed in the wool, Republican or die, Republican.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
cont.

But I digress. As concerns this thread and the issue of the video, yes, President Trump has shown once again that he's willing to stoop to the lowest level to make up some charge against his detractors. The problem, as I see his involvement in these kinds of 'video doctoring' techniques, is that people now can't even trust anything that we see with our own eyes that comes out of his campaign staff or his own mouth. Today, nearly everyone that is somewhat involved in national politics, or concerned with such things, has to be constantly asking themselves...is that true? Is what I just saw from those supporting the national leader of the country, or even from the national leader himself...really true? Is this issue or claim and the response thereof, really based on truth? Facts that are 'true facts'. Conversations that really happened. Videos or sound recordings that are true and undoctored.

While I'm sure there has always been some of that among the citizenry, certainly in the 'conspiracy realm' we seem to have reached a 'deplorable' level of such things. It is now just an everyday practice that reaches up to, and includes, the very highest echelons of national governance. We are being trained and more deeply ingrained with this understanding that we can't trust the national government. That is what is leading us into the divisiveness and hate and anxiety that my above post referenced.

Lindsey Graham may have been more right than even he knew. That electing Donald Trump may not only destroy the Republican party, but may actually have started the downfall of our nation. Other nations now don't trust us. And I'm talking here about nations that we have had decades of peace and support from. Our allies! We have never, in the 300 or so years of our nation's existence, had such a low confidence level among our allies.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have never, in the 300 or so years of our nation's existence, had such a low confidence level among our allies.

iu

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I am becoming increasingly convinced that the President is not only uneducated, ignorant and immoral but is actually mentally ill.
Trump's "narcassism" won't allow him to admit that he was voted out of office, so as he continues to fall in the polls be prepared for him to do everything in his power to supress the Democratic vote while promoting the narrative that the 2020 Election will be "rigged" against him!

Be prepared for a series of Constitutional crises and confrontaions that will remain unequaled in the annuls of American history!

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump shares manipulated toddler video targeting CNN

I've been noticing the two kids joyfully running toward each other is showing up a lot, becoming a meme of sorts; each time it's poke in the eye for the creeps who tried to make it into something evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums