Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, he said he would do it and Lo and Behold our POTUS hauled back and did exactly as he had promised. Chicago politicians are said to be grateful and asking him to send even more Feds in order to bring the mayhem under control.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Well, he said he would do it and Lo and Behold our POTUS hauled back and did exactly as he had promised. Chicago politicians are said to be grateful and asking him to send even more Feds in order to bring the mayhem under control.

Too bad he can't control the mayhem in the White House. His aides can't even find the light switches.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any other sources on this?

Well, twenty of them they are on their way according to this source:

About 20 additional agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are headed to Chicago, after President Donald Trump said he may have to “send in the Feds,” sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.

David Coulson, spokesman for the Chicago field office of the ATF, said: “We are always seeking to enhance the enforcement efforts of ATF … in conjunction with CPD.”
https://www.worldnewspolitics.com/2017/02/04/trump-sends-feds-chicago/

But then the same source contradicts itself like this:

“We have received no word from the federal government to confirm these reports, but it would be welcome news if the administration has indeed agreed to one of Mayor Emanuel’s requests for federal resources.”

“We remain hopeful that they will also provide added DEA and FBI agents, that they will boost the prosecution rate for federal gun crimes in Chicago and that they will provide funding for successful violence prevention efforts.”

ATF sources said “boosting permanent staffing of agents here would be far more preferable than the four-month surge of ATF agents who were brought to Chicago in 2014 under then-Attorney General Eric Holder.”

Half measures are over – President Fix It is in charge. Get used to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'd have to see a credible source before I believe this but if it were to happen it would grossly Unconstitutional

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see how Obama ignored this situation.
What should he have done? What should the feds do in response to non-federal crimes?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What should he have done? What should the feds do in response to non-federal crimes?

Let the good citizens of Chicago pack heat and form posses to hunt down, and bring to justice the savages, who act like they are living in a Third World.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, if the mayor of Chicago feels they can be helpful then to me that means that their help is deemed helpful.
It just seems ironic that an African American president did not show the same degree of concern for his own people as Bush is showing.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let the good citizens of Chicago pack heat and form posses to hunt down, and bring to justice the savages, who act like they are living in a Third World.
Do all people in the so called Third World slaughter each other to that degree?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, if the mayor of Chicago feels they can be helpful then to me that means that their help is deemed helpful.
It just seems ironic that an African American president did not show the same degree of concern for his own people as Bush is showing.

Bush?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the mayor of the city is asking it, perhaps he should?

From my very limited understanding of the violence in Chicago the rise in shootings and murders springs from street level gangs trying to settle who controls what after the shake up caused by major arrest and closure of large public housing projects. Working from that, at best poor, understanding of the situation I don't see where the feds fit in. This is pavement pounding work that needs of be done I don't see the federal agencies having the manpower to make a difference on that front.

Unless we're just talking about ignoring limits on federal power, use of the military in law enforcement that is.

Bush has been out of office for quite some time now.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Due process is so over rated.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From my very limited understanding of the violence in Chicago the rise in shootings and murders springs from street level gangs trying to settle who controls what after the shake up caused by major arrest and closure of large public housing projects. Working from that, at best poor, understanding of the situation I don't see where the feds fit in. This is pavement pounding work that needs of be done I don't see the federal agencies having the manpower to make a difference on that front.

Unless we're just talking about ignoring limits on federal power, use of the military in law enforcement that is.

I meant Obama! LOL!
BTW
They are cousins.
https://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/obama-and-bush-are-cousins/comment-page-1/?_r=0

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I was under the impression that they were wanting them for coordination, rather than street-level troops.

Upvote 0