MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I just introduced Mr. Poe to Mr. Ignore. That’s what happens to unfunny Poe’s around here, Pilgrim.

And after a while, the funny Poe’s get tired or coming across as bat guano crazy.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So to recap...not one person who was against the extended voter regulations could show that

1. Voter fraud could be performed on a massive scale, or
2. That only Democrats would benefit from such a scam

Here's another little tidbit to show how ridiculous this claim really is.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/ef45f5_81a3affd554e4b5b9b5852f8fb3c10fd.pdf

Add all this together, and since 2000 more than 250 million votes have been cast via mailed-out ballots, in all 50 states, without a whiff of serious election fraud. That’s one heck of a sample size to overlook in the “I’m worried about fraud and abuse” argument. Also note those states above are red, purple and blue. This is not a partisan issue.

Even attempting to forge a signature, coerce a voter, or commit any other type of election fraud with mailed-out ballots is a felony in Vote at Home states, subject to 5 years prison time. And to succeed at changing a single vote, any would-be ballot thief either has to: a. Intercept the ballot before the voter gets it, and then successfully forge the voter’s signature, which is nearly impossible; or b. Intercept an already sealed return ballot envelope, steam it open, change the votes on the ballot; and then reseal it. It’s a fool’s errand, for the benefit of one vote changed, for the risk of a 5-year jail sentence. Possible? Of course. Likely? Not at all. Oregon has mailed-out more than 100 million ballots since 2000, with about a dozen cases of proven fraud.

Upvote 0