• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Trump Scoffs at Expanded Voter Regulations

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by 46AND2, Mar 31, 2020.

1. 46AND2

46AND2 Forty six and two are just ahead of me...

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Trump says Democrats' push for expanded voting threatens Republicans

First of all, the statement is wholly inaccurate. States like Washington, Oregon, and Utah perform their voting almost entirely by mail already, and there are Republicans at every level of government office, particularly Utah.

2nd, even if it was true....So what? Is this not a tacit admission that the majority of people in the U.S. want a Democratic president...and therefore SHOULD be led by such? What would it say about the Republican party, if the only way they could win the election is if we limit the voting?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Al Touthentop

Al Touthentop Well-Known Member

+840
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Trump may be wrong. But how long are we going to be locked down? Forever? This indicates that the country is to become a giant prison in the name of "health." I can't believe how trusting people have become. If a thing is stated to be "for your own good," it's all true and good no matter how draconian the prescription.

3. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    If they handled it properly, shutdowns should not last any longer than it takes to increase the healthcare capacity to support level of infection...sadly, this is moving much slower than it should be.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+24,774
    Anglican
    Married
    There are already party organizations across the nation working to get changes to our election laws in a variety of ways.

The proposal being talked about here came up somewhat unexpectedly only because Congress is working on saving us from the Corona Virus, so there's a chance to pack the next bill with Pelosi-type additions that have nothing to do with the Virus but might be approved because the rest of the bill would seem like an emergency measure that cannot wait.

Some of these that have already seen action at the state level include same-day registration (verifying the identity of the stranger would be very difficult to do in all cases), vote harvesting by which anyone can take an absentee ballot and go out to find someone in a nursing home or etc. to fill it out--or do it for them--and bring it back up to three days AFTER election day and have it counted. This gimmick works to change the outcome of elections and for obvious reasons.

Also, there is the "top two" voting system in use in California and Washington by which the top two finishers in the primary election go into the general election regardless of party. This prevents a major party, in some areas, from even having a candidate on the ballot in November.

This is only part of the answer to your question, but it should give you some insight into the matter.

5. Al Touthentop

+840
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Congress not only could never save anyone from a virus, it has no constitutional authority to do so. What Congress just did is used CV as a cover to grossly inflate the currency and ruin the economy. The Fed has just claimed that Congress has given it the authority to create "unlimited liquidity."

And in other news on how not to respond to a health threat with guns, Rhode Island is going to implement military house to house searches to seek out and imprison New Yorkers.

Rhode Island Police to Hunt Down New Yorkers Seeking Refuge

6. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married

We really don't have to worry about that because Trump will be Reelected by a Landslide and his Administration will continue until 2025.

7. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    And how does this benefit Democrats alone?

Please note: any statements or implications that Democrats are inherently more dishonest than Republicans will be ignored.

8. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+2,212
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Personally, I'm relieved that these preventive steps have been taken by the state governors. I'm glad to see the governors step up and take the lead to help slow down the spread of the COVID 19 virus.

9. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+2,212
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Personally, I don't think judgmental finger pointing at Democrats by anyone who supports Trump is a good idea. I think that kind of behavior is disingenuous and it lacks the reliability to be taken seriously.

10. Al Touthentop

+840
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    Both parties cheat as often and as much as they can get away with.

The idea that these people care about foreign meddling in our elections is easily debunked when one just takes a cursory look at AIPAC which pumps huge amounts of Israeli money into political campaigns. It also, because of this has a huge influence on US foreign policy.

11. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Agreed. Which is the reason for the caveat on my post #9.

12. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+17,514
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I never understood Republicans’ reluctance to trust the American voter. It’s like they know they can’t win if everyone that’s eligible is allowed to vote freely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm glad for the preventive steps, I just wish there was better effort to make it proactive, rather than reactive. Feels like they are wasting the efforts.

14. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,571
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Hence the resort to gerrymandering and voter suppression.

15. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+9,832
    United States
    Married
    Well, first you have to think like a true blue (meaning Red) loyal American who loves Jesus, Guns, and all the unborn babies. If a Democrat wins anything, then clearly there was some kind of widespread cheating and voter fraud. Easy, isn’t it?

16. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married

How True, How True!

17. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    This statement is irrelevant to the OP. Whether it was appropriate to include it in the relief bill is not what we are talking about here. My question was why does this fundamentally disadvantage Republicans for any reason OTHER than more voters want Democratic representation (not saying that is even true). It baffles me why greater voter representation should be anathema to the Republican party.

18. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,996
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    It's only those potential voters which are not US Citizens.

19. 46AND2

+2,112
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Um...yeah...still not identifying why potential cheating would favor one party over another.

20. Al Touthentop

+840
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    US-Libertarian
    This is exactly why we have a problem in this country. There are plenty of Christian democrats. Republicans who claim they are pro-life and yet support the bombing of brown babies in the middle east to prevent the spread of terrorism are not by any stretch of the imagination pro-life.

Then again, democrats have overwhelmingly approved illegal foreign wars from WWI to the present.

The current environment says that it is fair game to point to a member of the opposing party and call them "evil," as if their own side has not done anything harmful to this country. And this personal animosity - based on as much fact as evidenced miracle cures made in the 19th century - has been substituted for sound debate and examination of the facts.

There is not a thing Christ like about how political debate is conducted in this country. Shame on us. We need to repent - all of us - because hatred for your brother is a mortal sin.