Trump Scoffs at Expanded Voter Regulations

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump says Democrats' push for expanded voting threatens Republicans

Trump said that Democrat-proposed voting reforms to the $2.2 trillion rescue package passed last week by Congress — which were largely cut from the deal — would have led to “levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.”

First of all, the statement is wholly inaccurate. States like Washington, Oregon, and Utah perform their voting almost entirely by mail already, and there are Republicans at every level of government office, particularly Utah.

2nd, even if it was true....So what? Is this not a tacit admission that the majority of people in the U.S. want a Democratic president...and therefore SHOULD be led by such? What would it say about the Republican party, if the only way they could win the election is if we limit the voting?

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

First of all, the statement is wholly inaccurate. States like Washington, Oregon, and Utah perform their voting almost entirely by mail already, and there are Republicans at every level of government office, particularly Utah.

2nd, even if it was true....So what? Is this not a tacit admission that the majority of people in the U.S. want a Democratic president...and therefore SHOULD be led by such? What does it say about the Republican party, if the only way you can win the election is if you limit the voting?

Trump may be wrong. But how long are we going to be locked down? Forever? This indicates that the country is to become a giant prison in the name of "health." I can't believe how trusting people have become. If a thing is stated to be "for your own good," it's all true and good no matter how draconian the prescription.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump may be wrong. But how long are we going to be locked down? Forever? This indicates that the country is to become a giant prison in the name of "health." I can't believe how trusting people have become. If a thing is stated to be "for your own good," it's all true and good no matter how draconian the prescription.

If they handled it properly, shutdowns should not last any longer than it takes to increase the healthcare capacity to support level of infection...sadly, this is moving much slower than it should be.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are already party organizations across the nation working to get changes to our election laws in a variety of ways.

The proposal being talked about here came up somewhat unexpectedly only because Congress is working on saving us from the Corona Virus, so there's a chance to pack the next bill with Pelosi-type additions that have nothing to do with the Virus but might be approved because the rest of the bill would seem like an emergency measure that cannot wait.

Some of these that have already seen action at the state level include same-day registration (verifying the identity of the stranger would be very difficult to do in all cases), vote harvesting by which anyone can take an absentee ballot and go out to find someone in a nursing home or etc. to fill it out--or do it for them--and bring it back up to three days AFTER election day and have it counted. This gimmick works to change the outcome of elections and for obvious reasons.

Also, there is the "top two" voting system in use in California and Washington by which the top two finishers in the primary election go into the general election regardless of party. This prevents a major party, in some areas, from even having a candidate on the ballot in November.

This is only part of the answer to your question, but it should give you some insight into the matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are already party organizations across the nation working to get changes to our election laws in a variety of ways.

The proposal being talked about here came up somewhat unexpectedly only because Congress is working on saving us from the Corona Virus

Congress not only could never save anyone from a virus, it has no constitutional authority to do so. What Congress just did is used CV as a cover to grossly inflate the currency and ruin the economy. The Fed has just claimed that Congress has given it the authority to create "unlimited liquidity."

And in other news on how not to respond to a health threat with guns, Rhode Island is going to implement military house to house searches to seek out and imprison New Yorkers.

Rhode Island Police to Hunt Down New Yorkers Seeking Refuge

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

2nd, even if it was true....So what? Is this not a tacit admission that the majority of people in the U.S. want a Democratic president...and therefore SHOULD be led by such? What would it say about the Republican party, if the only way they could win the election is if we limit the voting?

We really don't have to worry about that because Trump will be Reelected by a Landslide and his Administration will continue until 2025.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The proposal being talked about here came up somewhat unexpectedly only because Congress is working on saving us from the Corona Virus, so there's a chance to pack the next bill with Pelosi-type additions that have nothing to do with the Virus but might be approved because the rest of the bill would seem like an emergency measure that cannot wait.

Some of these that have already seen action at the state level include same-day registration (verifying the identity of the stranger would be very difficult to do in all cases), vote harvesting by which anyone can take an absentee ballot and go out to find someone in a nursing home or etc. to fill it out--or do it for them--and bring it back up to three days AFTER election day and have it counted. This gimmick works to change the outcome of elections and for obvious reasons.

Also, there is the "top two" voting system in use in California and Washington by which the top two finishers in the primary election go into the general election regardless of party. This prevents a major party, in some areas, from even having a candidate on the ballot in November.

This is only part of the answer to your question, but it should give you some insight into the matter.

And how does this benefit Democrats alone?

Please note: any statements or implications that Democrats are inherently more dishonest than Republicans will be ignored.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they handled it properly, shutdowns should not last any longer than it takes to increase the healthcare capacity to support level of infection...sadly, this is moving much slower than it should be.

Personally, I'm relieved that these preventive steps have been taken by the state governors. I'm glad to see the governors step up and take the lead to help slow down the spread of the COVID 19 virus.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to be clear. You assert that it is the intention of the Democrats to cheat in future elections when they have the chance to do so and to favour changes in the law that would facilitate cheating?

Personally, I don't think judgmental finger pointing at Democrats by anyone who supports Trump is a good idea. I think that kind of behavior is disingenuous and it lacks the reliability to be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just to be clear. You assert that it is the intention of the Democrats to cheat in future elections when they have the chance to do so and to favour changes in the law that would facilitate cheating?

Both parties cheat as often and as much as they can get away with.

The idea that these people care about foreign meddling in our elections is easily debunked when one just takes a cursory look at AIPAC which pumps huge amounts of Israeli money into political campaigns. It also, because of this has a huge influence on US foreign policy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I don't think judgmental finger pointing at Democrats by anyone who supports Trump is a good idea. I think that kind of behavior is disingenuous and it lacks the validity to be taken seriously.

Agreed. Which is the reason for the caveat on my post #9.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I'm relieved that these preventive steps have been taken by the state governors. I'm glad to see the governors step up and take the lead to help slow down the spread of the COVID 19 virus.

I'm glad for the preventive steps, I just wish there was better effort to make it proactive, rather than reactive. Feels like they are wasting the efforts.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never understood Republicans’ reluctance to trust the American voter. It’s like they know they can’t win if everyone that’s eligible is allowed to vote freely.

Hence the resort to gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Well, first you have to think like a true blue (meaning Red) loyal American who loves Jesus, Guns, and all the unborn babies. If a Democrat wins anything, then clearly there was some kind of widespread cheating and voter fraud. Easy, isn’t it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, first you have to think like a true blue (meaning Red) loyal American who loves Jesus, Guns, and all the unborn babies. If a Democrat wins anything, then clearly there was some kind of widespread cheating and voter fraud. Easy, isn’t it?

How True, How True!

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This statement is irrelevant to the OP. Whether it was appropriate to include it in the relief bill is not what we are talking about here. My question was why does this fundamentally disadvantage Republicans for any reason OTHER than more voters want Democratic representation (not saying that is even true). It baffles me why greater voter representation should be anathema to the Republican party.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This statement is irrelevant to the OP. Whether it was appropriate to include it in the relief bill is not what we are talking about here. My question was why does this fundamentally disadvantage Republicans for any reason OTHER than more voters want Democratic representation (not saying that is even true). It baffles me why greater voter representation should be anathema to the Republican party.

It's only those potential voters which are not US Citizens.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

This is exactly why we have a problem in this country. There are plenty of Christian democrats. Republicans who claim they are pro-life and yet support the bombing of brown babies in the middle east to prevent the spread of terrorism are not by any stretch of the imagination pro-life.

Then again, democrats have overwhelmingly approved illegal foreign wars from WWI to the present.

The current environment says that it is fair game to point to a member of the opposing party and call them "evil," as if their own side has not done anything harmful to this country. And this personal animosity - based on as much fact as evidenced miracle cures made in the 19th century - has been substituted for sound debate and examination of the facts.

There is not a thing Christ like about how political debate is conducted in this country. Shame on us. We need to repent - all of us - because hatred for your brother is a mortal sin.

Upvote 0