Trump says more information soon to be released about Anti-Trump Witness Vindman

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What does it have to do with the question? It has everything to do with the conversation, which is more than your 1 line question response to my previous post. I've made the context of my post abundantly clear.

What did I accuse you of? I guessed at your intentions of your posting Hickman's tweet, and made it clear I was doing so ("it appears"). If it wasn't to impugn Vindman's character, then may I ask what your intention was?

I evaluated Hickman's tweet as "nonsense" in that he's a clear partisan accusing Vindman of being partisan.
I evaluated Hickman's tweet as "nonsense"
That's why clarification on Hickman lying or not matters.

Thus the question:

"Did Hickman lie?"

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Thus the question:

"Did Hickman lie?"

How can anyone know that? We had no idea the guy existed until he suddenly popped up with this ‘bombshell’ that conveniently provides Trump with a way of changing the narrative.

Amazing how many highly decorated American veterans suddenly become anti-American villains just moments after speaking out against Trump, isn’t it?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that possible tax and fraud charges were mentioned, that Trump allegedly used different accounting books when figuring his taxes compared to those used when applying for loans -- he understated earnings on his taxes but overstated his earnings and assets when applying for loans.

Additionally, there is an investigation into his charity, Trump Foundation, that allegedly gave little to charity but that Trump used it for personal purchases and to pay debts.

He is not being investigated for impeachment for any of those.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can anyone know that? We had no idea the guy existed until he suddenly popped up with this ‘bombshell’ that conveniently provides Trump with a way of changing the narrative.

Amazing how many highly decorated American veterans suddenly become anti-American villains just moments after speaking out against Trump, isn’t it?

What he is saying is in accord with other witnesses to the telephone call.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Thus the question:

"Did Hickman lie?"

Did Vindman lie?

The answer to both those questions is: "we don't know".

However, what Hickman said isn't even particularly consequential. He didn't have any real dirt on Vindman, just that he was a (shudder) Democrat.

Vindman, on the other hand, had testimony which appeared to show a quid pro quo. While I have no reason to trust or distrust Vindman, we also know that other people independently testified to the same thing, which would make it look like Vindman is telling the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is not being investigated for impeachment for any of those.

I wasn't claiming he was. It was asked what state charges Trump may face if he is impeached, even if he is Pardoned by Pence. Those are the current investigations into Trump that I'm aware of by the NY AG.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mostly, i pray for myself, that i'm not a monster, and that God supersedes my own nature, which is to plow peoples down, so to speak. I ask for forgiveness, and HIS inexplicable grace, and for His grace to be present in all of my thoughts, words, and deeds, and for him to grant me a "forgiving heart, and to grant me remembrance, that i did not "deserve" His grace, yet He granted it.

This song below covers it. This is mostly what i pray for, and then i pray outwards, for others, and my country and leaders, and for other countries and its leaders.

(i also DO things such as help and bless those around me and overseas, through ministries, and advocate for others (gotta take that fierceness SOMEWHERE, right?) and remember what it's like to be homeless, and help and advocate for the homeless.

And i do this (from the heart) because God had mercy on my sawwy soul.

(By the way, how are you Vylo? I don't see you as often as i used to.)

Me too Brinny...each and every day...

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Incorrect.

He can be impeached today. All you need is a crime.

According to Senator Lindsey Graham and Vice President Pence, we don't need a crime to impeach.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
According to Senator Lindsey Graham and Vice President Pence, we don't need a crime to impeach.

Are you kidding? "High crimes and misdemeanors" are specified in the Constitution for a reason. If we did not need a crime to impeach a President, more than two would have been impeached by now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you kidding? "High crimes and misdemeanors" are specified in the Constitution for a reason. If we did not need a crime to impeach a President, more than two would have been impeached by now.

Not kidding -- merely remembering what Graham and Pence have said in the past:

"You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office." -- Sen. Lidsey Graham (R-SC)

"I, for one, believe that the Seventh Commandment [Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery] contained in the Ten Commandments is still a big deal. It's the most important promise you'll ever make. And holding people accountable to those promises and holding people accountable to respecting the promises that other people make to me. What could possibly be a bigger deal than that in this country? . . ."

"If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous. . ."

"If our leaders flinch at this responsibility, they would do well to heed the Proverb 'if a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked. Our leaders must either act to restore the luster and dignity of the institution of the Presidency or we can be certain that this is only the beginning of an even more difficult time for our land. For the nation to move on, the President must move out." -- Vice President Mike Pence

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There is no way anyone can believe the Seventh Commandment is more important than the first two. He just said that to force the issue of impeaching Bill Clinton.

Perhaps -- But that means that either Pence sold out his Christian values for thirty pieces of silver, or he never believed in them in the first place and only used them to promote his political career.

Which is it? I'll leave that question to the philosophers.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It IS relevant if Hickman lied or not.
Why? What is the significance if he is telling the truth? Again, his claims boil down to "Vindman has partisan biases."

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It is also noteworthy Bill Clinton was never pardoned by Barack Obama, who had eight years to do that if he wanted to.

Bill Clinton was not convicted of a crime for which he could have been pardoned and his impeachment did not remove him from office because he was acquitted.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mostly, i pray for myself, that i'm not a monster, and that God supersedes my own nature, which is to plow peoples down, so to speak. I ask for forgiveness, and HIS inexplicable grace, and for His grace to be present in all of my thoughts, words, and deeds, and for him to grant me a "forgiving heart, and to grant me remembrance, that i did not "deserve" His grace, yet He granted it.

This song below covers it. This is mostly what i pray for, and then i pray outwards, for others, and my country and leaders, and for other countries and its leaders.

(i also DO things such as help and bless those around me and overseas, through ministries, and advocate for others (gotta take that fierceness SOMEWHERE, right?) and remember what it's like to be homeless, and help and advocate for the homeless.

I don't come here as often, because honestly the site has become almost intolerable. Add it to the list of things Trump has tainted.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
BTW, I hope everyone realizes that if Trump is successfully impeached, then Pence becomes president, and his first act will be a blanket pardon Trump for whatever crimes Trump might have done in office.

Considering how petty Trump can be...if I was succeeding the job he was kicked out from the last thing I would do is to let that guy free behind my back to spite his ire on my presidency.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll admit, I didn't listen to the whole thing - as soon as I figured out it was just a static image with someone reading tweets, I shut it off. I can read for myself.

Edit: That said, I have no idea who Nancy Morgan Hart is, but she sure as heck sounded like a text-to-speech robot.
I liked her in Sabrina the teenage Witch, but never knew she also served in the military.

Oh wait, that's Melissa Joan Hart.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:

Me too Brinny...each and every day...
Thank you, Zanting. I appreciate your encouraging words. God bless you for relating and understanding my struggling heart. I pray for God's grace ALL THE TIME. I need His grace desperately. God bless you.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution