• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Trump says more information soon to be released about Anti-Trump Witness Vindman

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Nov 3, 2019.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+18,319
    Agnostic
    Single
    Advocates aren't supposed to be impartial.

Because they are surviving scrutiny -- and they're surviving Donald's fear of that scrutiny. The scrutiny is in progress right now.

Haven't you been paying attention to the scrutiny?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...7d7c48-ff4e-11e9-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,035
    Christian
    Married
    Many will not be able to be acted upon until after Trump is out of office.

Some, however, as his employer, ... we can begin to act upon now ...

3. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,709
    Methodist
    Married
    Incorrect.

He can be impeached today. All you need is a crime.
    Sure. All Democrats need to do is field a better candidate for president. Is that asking too much?

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+106,431
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Mostly, i pray for myself, that i'm not a monster, and that God supersedes my own nature, which is to plow peoples down, so to speak. I ask for forgiveness, and HIS inexplicable grace, and for His grace to be present in all of my thoughts, words, and deeds, and for him to grant me a "forgiving heart, and to grant me remembrance, that i did not "deserve" His grace, yet He granted it.

This song below covers it. This is mostly what i pray for, and then i pray outwards, for others, and my country and leaders, and for other countries and its leaders.

(i also DO things such as help and bless those around me and overseas, through ministries, and advocate for others (gotta take that fierceness SOMEWHERE, right?) and remember what it's like to be homeless, and help and advocate for the homeless.

And i do this (from the heart) because God had mercy on my sawwy soul.

(By the way, how are you Vylo? I don't see you as often as i used to.)

5. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    I was never anywhere that sucked more than Saudi Arabia.

And not so much because of the physical conditions but because of the people.

6. RDKirk

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    BTW, I hope everyone realizes that if Trump is successfully impeached, then Pence becomes president, and his first act will be a blanket pardon Trump for whatever crimes Trump might have done in office.

That's what Ford did for Nixon, and the courts upheld it.

7. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    What was it like?

8. A_Thinker

+5,035
    Christian
    Married
    Waiting until election is not a prudent response to an official who is abusing his/her office.

As part of my experience as a member of a non-profit, the Board upon which I sat determined that the Treasurer was embezzling funds. It would not have been prudent to wait until the next opportunity to vote him out of office. That is why the impeachment process exists ...

And the impeachment process is not only relevant in the case of criminal activity. When the officer of an organization begins to pursue other goals than those of the organization ... using organizational resources (time, money, volunteers), there needs to be a provision where that officer can be retired from there post.

Criminal activity just makes it that much worse, of course ...

9. A_Thinker

+5,035
    Christian
    Married
    If I'm not mistaken, Pence would only be able to pardon Federal crimes ...

10. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+4,987
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Pence can’t pardon him for the raft of state crimes he’s on the hook for.

11. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+4,710
    Atheist
    Clearly the man who drinks his little wine and eats his little crackers is a man of God.

12. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,775
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    So far every candidte is way better then Trump.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  13. RDKirk

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    Yes. That's what the Democrats are up in arms about.

14. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,590
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Don't be so optimistic about that. Gerald Ford waited about two months to pardon Richard Nixon, right? It is also noteworthy Bill Clinton was never pardoned by Barack Obama, who had eight years to do that if he wanted to.

15. RDKirk

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    Which state crimes is he on the hook for?

16. RDKirk

+11,256
    Christian
    Married
    Ford was his own man, and Obama certainly was.

Pense doesn't even take a drink of water except closely behind Trump.

17. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+11,615
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    It's my understanding that prosecutors in NY are looking at him for tax violations. If they manage to get his tax returns, accounting records, and DeutscheBank records, I'd imagine a creative DA could come up with something.

18. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,590
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Pence can’t pardon him for the raft of state crimes he’s on the hook for.

Why not? Donald Trump pardoned Joe Arapeio (sp?) and his crimes were only in Arizona.

19. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,775
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Democrats aren't in arm about this. Sadly its excpected. Also Trump might not be impeached. Because of republicans having to approve it. Trump just left the Democrats no choice . But to impeach..

20. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Active Member

+531
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    So you “ tanking God” that there will be damaging information coming out about someone which might ruin his life so your President can escape impeachment ? We defiantly worship different God! Because my God whom I worship wants me to love my enemy and don’t want me to wish that my enemy will be hurt so I can be benefited!