Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that's what it'd have to be if there ever was what you'd call a civil war. I have a hard time envisioning the populace of the county would really have the stomach or desire to bottom out their economic well being in doing such though. I think when push comes to shove people would rather have economic stability with a society that's at least able to function.

I agree with you: there will be no Civil War. I know this because on THE singular issue on which those who would be most likely to fight it SAY they would be ready to fight it, they don't: gun control. Truth is, gun rights have been massively diminished since I was a kid, and continue to be reduced, relentlessly, inevitably, irrevocably...drip...drip...drip.

Truth is, the gun nuts - the people WITH the guns who SAY that the purpose FOR the guns is to be able to overthrow tyranny and who are well-versed in Second Amendment lore and "woke", as they say. The guys who put the "They'll get my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands" bumper stickers on their trucks, THEY have never actually been willing to fight for their gun rights. They SAY they are, but incrementally they have lost half or more of what they had in 1960, and the steady reduction continues.

If the ones with the guns are not willing to fight to keep the guns, even though they SAY they are, truth is nobody is going to fight over anything. Minorities will riot over racial issues, if you provoke them, but the Right will never revolt from any sort of government overreach that is likely in America. The American government is never so heavy handed as to not do these through incrementalism, and the Right has never successfully defeated incrementalism, and probably never will. Hell, Americans wouldn't fight HITLER, even after Pearl Harbor - Germany had to declare war ON US for us to finally agree that we had to fight them.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why take any of this seriously?

I've been reading about pretty high level corruption for thirty years so if the Holy Spirit is indeed being poured out it is logical that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus would stir up somebody to deal with such serious injustice in a nation that terms itself "Christian."

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading about pretty high level corruption for thirty years so if the Holy Spirit is indeed being poured out it is logical that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus would stir up somebody to deal with such serious injustice in a nation that terms itself "Christian."

30 years - roughly the same period that the originally Soviet, now orchestrated under Putin, disinformation campaign has been running - Opinion | Operation Infektion: A three-part video series on Russian disinformation

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
30 years - roughly the same period that the originally Soviet, now orchestrated under Putin, disinformation campaign has been running - Opinion | Operation Infektion: A three-part video series on Russian disinformation

Yes.... do you partly mean:

Unconverted Russia and its influence on the Mideast

According to Ion Mihai Pacepa, “In 1972, the Kremlin decided to turn the whole Islamic world against Israel and the U.S. As KGB chairman Yury Andropov … [said], a billion adversaries could inflict far greater damage on America than could a few millions. We needed to instill Nazi-style hatred for the Jews throughout the Islamic world, and to turn this weapon … against Israel and its main supporter, the United States.”

• 1973 - Soviet statements and preparations for an attack against Israel led the Pentagon to order U.S. nuclear forces to the highest state of peacetime readiness. The Joint Chiefs of Staff ordered the 82nd Airborne Division to prepare to head to the Middle East, and additional U.S. naval forces -- including American aircraft carriers -- moved into the Mediterranean, all out of a real and rising concern that the Soviets were about to make an unprecedented military move against Israel.
  • 1982 - Israeli forces battling PLO terrorists in southern Lebanon unexpectedly uncovered a secret but massive cache of Soviet weaponry in deep underground cellars and tunnels. The storehouses contained some 4,000 tons of ammunition, 144 armored vehicles and tanks, 12,500 pieces of small arms, and 515 heavy weapons. Then-Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin said that the Russians had prepositioned enough weapons to "equip not five brigades, but five or six [Soviet] divisions," adding that "we shall need literally thousands of trucks to evacuate these weapons from Lebanon."
  • June, 1982 - Russia organizes international terrorist conference: In June of 1982, two hundred forty organizations of eighty countries met in Tripoli for the International Conference of the World Center Resistance to Imperialism, Zionism, Racism, Reaction, and Fascism. The meeting was organized by the Soviet Union and Colonel Qaddafi and resulted in the forming of a committee ultimately consisting of Libya, Cuba, Iran, Syria, and North Korea. Their goal was the establishment of international terrorist training programs to prepare their revolutionaries for the battle against the oppressors, primarily the United States. Professional military personnel were recruited, including experts in all types of modern combat and sabotage, many of them trained in the Soviet Union. the faculty at Manzareih included translators, commandos from North Korea, security experts from Syria, veteran Palestinian terrorists, advisers from Libya, KGB officers fluent in Farsi (the Iranian language), and radical experts from movements all over the world. By 1985 there we as many as eighteen functioning training facilities in Iran training thousands of terrorists. There were special camps for women and suicide fighters as well as the general three-to-six month training sessions for regular recruits. The Iranians even turned airports into academies.... With camps established all over the Middle East and Castro's Cuba clearly destined to be the training capital of the Western hemisphere, the international terrorist machine was in motion. (John Pynchon Holms, Terrorism: Today's Biggest Threat to Freedom, pp. 164-165)

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0