Trump says, Go Back To Church -- POLL

Are you ready to reopen for Church services?

• yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Each Church should be able to decide on their own

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if you feel the same concerning Mosque, or Synagogues.

Why wonder about that ?

The virus doesn’t care about your perceived deity when it infects you. Nor does it seem your chosen deity does either which handily explains why no places of worship seems to have any difference in their infection rates apart from those dictated by science.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not even in America.

Yeah, it says that on your mini-profile. Obviously, therefore, if I had thought that mattered I wouldn't have made the original comment. It does not require any form of conspiracy among leftist the world over for leftist the world over to desire or seek the same result. All that is required is like-minded thinking. As a general rule leftist the world over are nothing if not like-minded, particularly where current American politics are concerned.

So in that sense, for me, American politics is irrelevant to a discussion of the safety of re-starting church services.

If this were true you wouldn't be attempting to promote the false narrative of one group of people in the church being exploited and forced to endanger themselves by another group of people in the church. That is exactly the narrative you attempted to promote in your prior post, and it reeks of leftist elitism and unqualified disdain for the very people the church is meant to serve.

However, I do know the difference, and I have a degree in immunology with a minor in microbiology.

Of course you do.

No, my goal at this point is not to keep the churches closed.

Then why continue to promote this, and I will be kind here, argument:

But I did want to point out that when churches begin services again, not everyone is equally free to choose their preferred level of risk at that point.

Not everyone is 'equally' free? Really? Exactly what type of church are you associated with?

For a certain cohort of people in the U.S., everything is about politics.

Those people are known of as Democrats.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For a certain cohort of people in the U.S., everything is about politics.

Those people are known of as Democrats.

You think Trump is a democrat? I think I see the problem, now.

• Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It does not require any form of conspiracy among leftist the world over for leftist the world over to desire or seek the same result. All that is required is like-minded thinking. As a general rule leftist the world over are nothing if not like-minded, particularly where current American politics are concerned.

Whereas rightist people are a jewel like collection of widely varied expressions of liberty, deep thought and patriotism.

Or bunch of rednecks that get their world view from Fox and friends like their “can do no wrong” leader Trump, have never owned a passport nor can pick up where Ukraine is on world map if their life depended on it.

Feel free to look at mirror and figure out if you are closer to ideal or the stereotype.

• Winner
Upvote 0

fewme

Apr 7, 2020
south
✟20,069.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is called the First Amendment. Which, in case you are unfamiliar, guarantees the free practice of religion. If the membership wishes to return to church they are intelligent enough to institute an appropriate system without the state dictating when and how that will happen.

:D These days neither the state nor the people act too wisely.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,474.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If this were true you wouldn't be attempting to promote the false narrative of one group of people in the church being exploited and forced to endanger themselves by another group of people in the church. That is exactly the narrative you attempted to promote in your prior post, and it reeks of leftist elitism and unqualified disdain for the very people the church is meant to serve.

I don't know why you're accusing me of "leftist elitism" or disdain for people.

I was reflecting a view I had heard, particularly from some of my colleagues who are more mature in age, and more vulnerable to dying from this virus, that there was an issue with clergy being expected to make themselves available for church services whether they, personally, felt safe doing so or not.

Of course you do.

Amazing as it may seem, some people on the internet do sometimes know something about what they're talking about. ;) It's been a while now and no doubt I'm rusty on some of the finer points, but I certainly remember enough of my earlier studies to remember the difference between a bacterium and a virus. And a few things about epidemiology, vectors for infection, infectious doses, and the like.

• Winner
Upvote 0