✟760,471.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
President Trump Says America Needs Faith in God to Be a Great Nation

President Trump spoke about the link between faith in God and national greatness at the 66th annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington. He also declared that the United States of America will be a great nation provided its citizens remain open to the grace of God.

“As long as we can open our eyes to God’s grace and open our hearts to God’s love, then America will forever be the land of the free, the home of the brave, and a light to all nations,” said Trump.

“When Americans are able to live by their convictions to speak openly of their faith and to teach their children what is right, our families thrive, our communities flourish, and our nation can achieve anything at all.”

Trump also spoke on the religious heritage of the United States, pointing to the national motto “In God We Trust” on money and “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, adding that “throughout our history, we see the story of God’s providence.”

“Our rights are not given to us by man, our rights come from our Creator. No matter what, no earthly force can take those rights away,” Trump said.

Trump’s statements were part of the annual National Prayer Breakfast, a major DC-area event that features several members of Congress, world leaders, religious leaders and other honored guests.

The National Prayer breakfast is a massive ecumenical gathering put on annually by a group of Christians who want to focus on a shared admiration of Jesus. Every president since Dwight D. Eisenhower has attended the event, which draws several thousand people from around the world, especially evangelicals, who have proved strong supporters of the Trump administration...

Continued in link....

• Haha
Reactions: Hazelelponi

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump doesn't know about faith in God or telling the truth. It's all BS to convince Christians, who should know better, that he is a believer. All he wants is the evangelical vote, even if he has to lie to get it.

Have you heard the one about "two Corinthians"?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

Matthew 6 NIV

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...“As long as we can open our eyes to God’s grace and open our hearts to God’s love, then America will forever be the land of the free, the home of the brave, and a light to all nations,” said Trump.

“When Americans are able to live by their convictions to speak openly of their faith and to teach their children what is right, our families thrive, our communities flourish, and our nation can achieve anything at all.”
“Our rights are not given to us by man, our rights come from our Creator. No matter what, no earthly force can take those rights away,” Trump said.

Well said. Even if his motives would be evil, it is true what he says and I hope Americans would be loyal to God, and don’t fell into communism, or other evil things. Now is still good time to repent and reject bad habits and ideologies.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well said. Even if his motives would be evil, it is true what he says and I hope Americans would be loyal to God, and don’t fell into communism, or other evil things. Now is still good time to repent and reject bad habits and ideologies.

If only Trump really believed those words in a real way (or with understanding of what Christ said), and that believe then evident just as Christ said in John chapters 14 and 15: in actual fruit of being on the Vine, that would be really a good thing.

But we learn in Matthew chapter 6, we are never to practice our righteousness just as a political or social show -- Matthew 6 NIV .

But here's what is actually happening for millions of the lost: Trump seems to represent Christianity.

To those that never heard the real gospel message, and wonder 'what is Christianity' -- something they know nothing of --the millions of those that have never heard the actual gospel Good News, they can just see this show, and conclude that Trump is what is Christian, and that's all they need to turn away.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump doesn't know about faith in God or telling the truth. It's all BS to convince Christians, who should know better, that he is a believer. All he wants is the evangelical vote, even if he has to lie to get it.

Have you heard the one about "two Corinthians"?

I used to be Muslim, you can find some serious things I've said publicly in the past that were as anti-Christian as it gets.... yet today i stand a child of the living God, washed in the blood of Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit...

So no one can claim to know what Trumps beliefs are today except God and those who are closest to him.

I have to admit questioning Trumps faith myself and I put little stock in its existence but that certainly doesn't mean it can't exist. That's just a useless opinion from someone who doesn't personally know the man.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to be Muslim, you can find some serious things I've said publicly in the past that were as anti-Christian as it gets.... yet today i stand a child of the living God, washed in the blood of Jesus, filled with the Holy Spirit...

So no one can claim to know what Trumps beliefs are today except God and those who are closest to him.

I have to admit questioning Trumps faith myself and I put little stock in its existence but that certainly doesn't mean it can't exist. That's just a useless opinion from someone who doesn't personally know the man.
Please see post #6 just above for the real problem in this 'national prayer breakfast' the way it's actually done in reality, with cameras and a political show -- the direct going against the meaning in Matthew chapter 6, and the harmful outcome from that.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please see post #6 just above for the real problem in this 'national prayer breakfast' the way it's actually done in reality, with cameras and a political show -- the direct going against the meaning in Matthew chapter 6, and the harmful outcome from that.

Or, it could be the prayer breakfast is done in all earnestness, and the cameras are there because the media follows everything the president does like a lost puppy, because it informs the American public of what our nations leaders are doing.

It's all in your perspective. If you only desire to see evil it's all you will see, whereas if you desire to see the good in all things that is what you will see.

I always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, lest I be found sitting in judgment unjustly.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That's just a useless opinion from someone who doesn't personally know the man.
You mean...like everyone else here.

You at least do not imagine that you know the inner workings of the man's heart. Would that all the people who,based on almost no evidence, are certain that they do know what's in his heart would realize what you just pointed out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or, it could be the prayer breakfast is done in all earnestness, and the cameras are there because the media follows everything the president does like a lost puppy, because it informs the American public of what our nations leaders are doing.

It's all in your perspective. If you only desire to see evil it's all you will see, whereas if you desire to see the good in all things that is what you will see.

I always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, lest I be found sitting in judgment unjustly.
Sadly, no, the 'national prayer breakfast' has been in the past, before 2017, a political show before. It's not new in that wrong.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean...like everyone else here.

You at least do not imagine that you know the inner workings of the man's heart. Would that all the people who,based on almost no evidence, are certain that they do know what's in his heart would realize what you just pointed out.
And neither does anyone else that reads scripture think they know Trump's heart.

But we can know what Jesus Christ said, if we listen to His words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟404,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say that this is the message Trump leaves out...at the same time as other critics are insisting to us that, in his remarks, he makes too much out of the importance of God, faith, freedom of religion, etc.

:sigh:
Have you heard President Trump tell
America to repent and turn from our sins?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a category here on CF for 'Best Joke of the Day?'
Ok. Fair point. Those that read superficially and partially would not learn that they don't have the ability to judge other's hearts. That's true. We can certainly hope that all the Christians that judge 'bad people' (a word Trump used for immigrants from the south) or 'liberals' or 'whatever disparaging label' or such are all simply needing more time and reading to learn better.

(“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said.
"These aren't people. These are animals.") etc.
Trump on immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Have you heard President Trump tell
America to repent and turn from our sins?
I don't recall every statement he's made. However, I do remember numerous occasions on which he affirmed and expressed his own religious belief, and that's in addition to the many times he has either gone to bat for freedom of religion in this country or for churches and ministers being able to enjoy religious freedom. Then also there are the many times that he has acknowledged and honored various religious holidays and practices that are meaningful to Americans of faith.

That is a record that stands in bold contrast to what we got from the White House under other presidents.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall every statement he's made. However, I do remember numerous occasions on which he affirmed and expressed his own religious belief, and that's in addition to the many times he has either gone to bat for freedom of religion in this country or for churches and ministers being able to enjoy religious freedom. Then also there are the many times that he has acknowledged and honored various religious holidays and practices that are meaningful to Americans of faith.

That is a record that stands in bold contrast to what we got from the White House under other presidents.
If you want to see what a actual, genuine, non-fake absence of freedom of religion looks like, look at North Korea.
North Korea - Open Doors USA

Here in the U.S., we've had bad incidents when a synagogue or a church was attacked, for being a religious place.

But generally most all Americans are always free to practice their religion, and we are all protected from having some other religion imposed by force on us.

You yourself cannot be forced to join a certain denomination, not in the United States. You will not be taxed to support some other certain denomination in the United States.

It is true though that anti-Jewish attacks have escalated in the United States since the beginning of 2017!

That's concerning to any of us.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Fair point. Those that read superficially and partially would not learn that they don't have the ability to judge other's hearts. That's true. We can certainly hope that all the Christians that judge 'bad people' (a word Trump used for immigrants from the south)

First, congratulations on the admirable point you made at the start of this post. Second, how disappointing it was to see you then go out of your way to pair with it a clear falsehood like that one which followed in the same paragraph. :(

Upvote 0