Trump said he would save jobs at Carrier. The layoffs start July 20.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Analysis | Trump said he would save jobs at Carrier. The layoffs start July 20.

Carrier, the company President Trump pledged to keep on American soil, informed the state of Indiana this week that it will soon begin cutting 632 workers from an Indianapolis factory. The manufacturing jobs will move to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is $3.90.

That was never supposed to happen, according to Trump's campaign promises. He told Indiana residents at a rally last year there was a "100 percent chance” he would save the jobs at the heating and air-conditioning manufacturer.

I remember saying these jobs would still move to mexico. Sadly it appears I was right.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know why Trump would think or expect a company to pay US wages when he and his daughter do not. Maybe they should set the example and move the manufacturing of their clothing lines back to the US.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Even if they make carrier payback the 7 million Pence arranged for them, if we lowball the cost of each employee to $50,000 a year, Carrier would make that money back in less than 3 months.

They literally have no incentive to not do this. They have only one serious competitor too.

Upvote 0