Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of pages ago, someone trotted out "black on black" crime statistics and tried to tell me, with a straight face, that BLM "is a crock".

Here's my answer to that:
Opinion | ‘The Flag Is Drenched With Our Blood’

That is a great article, Ringo. I think it's definitely true that the American flag is drenched in the blood of African Americans. I think it's also drenched in the blood of Native Americans and other minorities who have suffered an insurmountable amount of racial violence in this country. As I read the article, the quote by Howard Zinn, which is written on this upside down American flag, came to my mind. So, I thought I would share the picture of this young soldier holding that flag for a more visual effect.

original-photo.jpg

Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I respond with a "funny" post rating, would you report it? Asking for a friend...

I already got a funny AND a like. Proof that he's a gentleman! ;)

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. He's a perfect gentleman.

Trump is nowhere near a perfect gentleman. A perfect gentleman would never have a mistress, let alone marry that mistress or be in his third marriage. A perfect gentleman would not have multiple affairs or father five children with three different women. A perfect gentleman would never be a notorious philander or brag about groping women or brag about other sexual exploits or brag about propositioning married women or brag about watching young teenage girls get undressed. A perfect gentleman wouldn't be a pathological liar either, but Trump has undeniably proven himself to be one. He has been exposed for his flaunting lying habits many times in the media, but his loyal supporters ignore these facts. I can provide a couple of examples of his lies being exposed, if needed.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is Donald really the guy we should be looking to for a lecture on common decency?

Absolutely not. I think that's almost as naive as believing he's a man of faith now. I remember how he conveniently 'accepted Jesus' last year while he was pandering for the right wing evangelical vote last year during his presidential campaign. I compare his 'found Jesus' performance to a prisoner who suddenly 'finds Jesus' right before their parole hearing. Jesus Christ said Christians would be known by the fruit they bear and all the fruit Trump has produced so far has been rotten to its core. Lest we forget, he referred to these NFL players as SOBs and demanded that they be fired. I don't know about you, but I don't consider that kind of vile behavior to be Christlike or even remotely Christian.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've gotten some 16 replies... cant answer them all and remain in the live conversation.

So here is the gist: President Trump is not doing anything to the NFL. The people are. The President is going to follow what the people want. We finally have someone in office that will actually fight for our values so it is game on.

Throughout the year's many liberal ideals have been forced on a nation that has grown tired of those ideals. They have removed both God and country out of the schools, and instead, teach children a penis can be a vagina. People get fined for properly displaying an American flag on their own property. The American values of a family and raising your own children, on your own values, is all but gone.

As I have said before, the pendulum has swung as far left as it can. It now is reversing course and swinging right. That being said... those who have been on the left for years are now on the side that no longer makes changes, they now are the ones that are subjected to changes made by others.

I used to say the same things the left is now saying. It's not fair. It's not right. On and on. Now the tables are turning and others may have a lot of accepting to do.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I already got a funny AND a like. Proof that he's a gentleman! ;)
Perhaps you are not aware, but posting fake ratings has become a thing. You can report the folks who make fun of you by calling you're post "funny". In case you didn't know.

• Haha
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I've gotten some 16 replies... cant answer them all and remain in the live conversation.

So here is the gist: President Trump is not doing anything to the NFL. The people are. The President is going to follow what the people want. We finally have someone in office that will actually fight for our values so it is game on.

Nice soundbyte -- now it's time to think. To wit: What, specifically, is he fighting for?

You say he is going to follow what the people want, so... what exactly do they -- do you -- want done to the NFL?

Where exactly is the pound of flesh that the NFL is going to have to pay in the name of your values?

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh... was he joking? I didn't know. It's hard for me to tell the tone of another person's post.

Don't worry. I was. I forgot to put a ;) emoticon at the end of it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's talking about common decency and respect for our country. Sadly, there are many here who were never taught what that means.
And one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice soundbyte -- now it's time to think. To wit: What, specifically, is he fighting for?

You say he is going to follow what the people want, so... what exactly do they -- do you -- want done to the NFL?

Where exactly is the pound of flesh that the NFL is going to have to pay in the name of your values?

At least, Trump's conservative supporters have him on their side to comfort them with his political rhetoric of 'Making America Great Again,' even if he is a RINO. He knows how to appease them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
At least, Trump's conservative supporters have him on their side to comfort them with his political rhetoric of 'Making America Great Again,' even if he is a RINO. He knows how to appease them.

Appease them with what, though? Tough talk and chest thumping? What do these people actually want from the NFL?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There would be fines if rules were broken. Obviously an employer can waive, ignore, enforce or change a rule. You know, the league has some freedom, even from the resentful President still smarting over his rejection by the NFL years ago.

This?

1984 - As an investor in the United States Football League, Trump not only bought the New Jersey Generals franchise, but pushed the league hard to adopt a fall schedule and go head-to-head with the NFL. Trump also led an owners group in an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL, seeking $1.7 billion. His group won the suit, but was only awarded $1, which was a death sentence for the league.

• Agree
Reactions: szechuan
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
This?

1984 - As an investor in the United States Football League, Trump not only bought the New Jersey Generals franchise, but pushed the league hard to adopt a fall schedule and go head-to-head with the NFL. Trump also led an owners group in an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL, seeking $1.7 billion. His group won the suit, but was only awarded $1, which was a death sentence for the league.

Fake News! Donald Trump never loses!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.