United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Makes no sense.
If it's not a requirement then they can't be forced to do it. What don't you understand, the "not" or the "required"? I can help with definitions.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If border crossings are down 80%, it's an indication of a country in decline that not even economic refugees from Mexico would want to immigrate to...

Most of the stock market's gains were due to Obama policies--the market has been stalled of late. Historically Republican administrations are plagued with recessions while Democrats bring in economic growth (look over the past 100 years).

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are also free to leave if you don't like what America has become.

I disagree that this is what America has become. This is how America has always been and the slow progress that has been made toward racial relations since the Civil Rights Movement 53 years ago hasn't diminished the effects of racism that has been prevalent in this country since its inception.

Racism and discrimination against minorities may not be as blatant as it once was in America, but these two legacies of American history often show themselves in more subtle ways today, such as racial profiling, and in other situations, they are more obvious through the horrific acts of police brutality against minorities. But as I said, this is how America has always been and will more than likely continue to be so as long as groups like the KKK and other white supremacy groups still exist. There are reasons why Civil Rights groups are still in dire need in this country and have always been needed in this country that sadly boasts of its freedom and liberties, and its alleged justice for all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Given the extremely conservative audience Trump addressed at his "rally," I wonder whether he would have called the NFL players [expletives deleted] and called for their firing if they were primarily Caucasian instead of black.

Trump has appealed to people's lowest instincts throughout his campaign (and I understand the crowd was shouting "lock her up" as well). Instead of elevating and inspiring, he tries to drag their emotions through the mud.

I'm older than a lot of you. Old enough to remember, even though I lived in NY, that the NHL was much, much more popular than the NBA. NY newspaper sports pages said this was because of racial prejudice. Hockey players were predominantly (and, in the 1970's, probably 100% white). Basketball players were predominantly black. "Basketball will never be as popular as hockey," the papers mourned, "because Americans are prejudiced."

I am glad that people now watch the sports they enjoy without regard to player race or ethnicity. While I would like to think that the president was not using expletives to describe these NFL players in a very conservative southern state, it seems as if it is part of his modus operandi to appeal to people's basest instincts.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about shaking the hand of one of our military service men and telling them you apreciate their service.....

I work in a military comunity and every chance I get I shake their hands and tell thes guys i apreciate their service....
I have ex army friends who are injured for life from knee back neck injuries and from the strange chemicals in the first gulg war. 1991
I had a neighbor who was a 90 year old ww2 vet and worked as a greeter at wal mart the last few years in a wheel chair...
My uncle fought in Patons us 7th army in africa italy and france
Myneighbor got blown out of a fox hole in the battle of the bulge ww2.......
These guys didnt complain...they did their job so America woudnt end up like north korea or comunist China....

These are american heros....not these million $ rich kids
Who dont respect america.....

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I disagree that this is what America has become. This is how America has always been and the slow progress that has been made toward racial relations since the Civil Rights Movement 53 years ago hasn't diminished the effects of racism that has been prevalent in this country since its inception.

Racism and discrimination against minorities may not be as blatant as it once was in America, but these two legacies of American history often show themselves in more subtle ways today, such as racial profiling, and in other situations, they are more obvious through the horrific acts of police brutality against minorities. But as I said, this is how America has always been and will more than likely continue to be so as long as groups like the KKK and other white supremacy groups still exist. I think this is why there is still a dire need for Civil Rights groups to help combat racism and discrimination that still exists in this country.

Yeah but you'll get those in here that will claim that that doesn't exactly mean white privilege or whatnot.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
These guys didnt complain...they did their job so America woudnt end up like north korea or comunist China....

I can think of no better way to honor them than by continuing their work... incidentally, you know what North Korea and China do to political dissenters?

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can think of no better way to honor them than by continuing their work... incidentally, you know what North Korea and China do to political dissenters?
Yes i believe I do....
Since i have been to china and korea multiple times....

Thats why you should apreciate your country....

By the way whats wrong with Trump waging war against mexican drug lords.....
Putting up a wall
Getting rid of ilegals
Trying to clean up the drug epeidemic in our inner cities...

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but you'll get those in here that will claim that that doesn't exactly mean white privilege or whatnot.

I have no doubt that there will be some people here who will claim such a thing, despite the fact that this country was not founded upon the ideals of freedom, liberty or justice for minorities. It was founded upon the belief of racial superiority of the W.A.S.P. and minorities were once commonly believed to be inferior to white people. This prejudicial belief manifested itself through racism, racial violence, oppression, segregation, enslavement, subjugation, and discrimination against Indigenous and African people, and other minorities. It also manifested itself through the prejudicial ideals of Manifest Destiny and hid itself behind the guise of divine providence and the banner of Christianity.

And the results of these prejudicial beliefs were hundreds of broken treaties the U.S. government signed with the tribal nations, legalized and forced Indian removals, death marches like the Trail of Tears, massacres like Sand Creek and Wounded Knee, the cultural genocide within the American Indian Boarding Schools, the 148 years of denying U.S. citizenship to Native Americans until the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924, the 202 years of denying religious freedom to Native Americans until the American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978, the legalized enslavement of African people for 89 years, the legalized segregation and denial of equality for the descendants of the freed slaves for almost 100 years after slavery was abolished in 1865 until the 1964 Civil Rights Movement. Minorities still face blatant racism today through racial profiling and the horrific acts of police brutality.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

A lot of those heros treated their fellow black soldiers like dogs. It was common for Nazi pow's to get better treatment from our army than our own black GI's. Our treatment of them was fodder for propaganda against us, and it was disruptive enough overseas that British diplomats had to lean on the Americans to get their own house in order lest they export their bigotry to England.

When they returned from the war, the racism didn't end.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are on the brink of war with N. Korea ; healthcare proposals are a disgrace, there are literally hundreds of thousands of Americans displaced and without power and homes bc of natural disasters and the president is worried about completely nonviolent protests at football games that only serve as entertainment and have no real actual bearings on the lives of Americans? Awesome .

are we supposed to be sick of winning yet? When is that supposed to start?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of those heros treated their fellow black soldiers like dogs. It was common for Nazi pow's to get better treatment from our army than our own black GI's. Our treatment of them was fodder for propaganda against us, and it was disruptive enough overseas that British diplomats had to lean on the Americans to get their own house in order lest they export their bigotry to England.

When they returned from the war, the racism didn't end.

I didn't know about the British diplomats part. I just wanted to say that I know some native veterans who spoke of being discriminated against while they were still in service and then after they returned home. It's actually sad to think about that when it was the Native American code talkers, like the Navajo, Cherokee, Choctaw, Seminole, Hopi, and Comanche (and code talkers from other tribes) who basically saved America's backside during WW II. They saved this country with the very languages that they were once forbidden to speak in the American Indian Boarding Schools. They were severely punished if they spoke in their native tongue while they were still in the school.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are on the brink of war with N. Korea ; healthcare proposals are a disgrace, there are literally hundreds of thousands of Americans displaced and without power and homes bc of natural disasters and the president is worried about completely nonviolent protests at football games that only serve as entertainment and have no real actual bearings on the lives of Americans? Awesome .

are we supposed to be sick of winning yet? When is that supposed to start?

It's as if Trump is trying to distract us all from the real problems by putting on an act that he actually cares if these NFL players stand for the national anthem or not. Do you remember when his wife had to nudge him and remind him to put his hand over his heart during the national anthem at the White House? Oh yeah... he must really care about these NFL players alright when he can't even remember to place his own hand over his heart during the national anthem at the White House, of all places.

Melania Trump Reminds Donald Trump To Put His Hand Over His Heart For National Anthem

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How about shaking the hand of one of our military service men and telling them you apreciate their service.....

I work in a military comunity and every chance I get I shake their hands and tell thes guys i apreciate their service....
I have ex army friends who are injured for life from knee back neck injuries and from the strange chemicals in the first gulg war. 1991
I had a neighbor who was a 90 year old ww2 vet and worked as a greeter at wal mart the last few years in a wheel chair...
My uncle fought in Patons us 7th army in africa italy and france
Myneighbor got blown out of a fox hole in the battle of the bulge ww2.......

you have a narrow, limiting and kinda sad definition of a hero. That teen who pulled those kids out of a fire, id call then heroes. Martin luther king id call him a hero.

Those heroes fought for a better america. If they fought for a better america for all, then theyd support kaepernick. If they wanted happy white people theyd probably hate him. Dont see how someone like that could be a hero in any circumstance.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about white and black police oficers who are cussed at and threatened by protest groups who they have to protect....these guys are heros......

What about border patrol who try to keep ilegal drugs out of our countries....these guys are heros......

What about our military who are fighting isis so that we dont have anymore islamic terorist attacks?????

Kapernick and the nfl players who disrespect our country and our flag are no heros....they are a bunch of spoiled rich kids who work 7 months a year......

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What about white and black police oficers who are cussed at and threatened by protest groups who they have to protect....these guys are heros......

What about border patrol who try to keep ilegal drugs out of our countries....these guys are heros......

What about our military who are fighting isis so that we dont have anymore islamic terorist attacks?????

Kapernick and the nfl players who disrespect our country and our flag are no heros....they are a bunch of spoiled rich kids who work 7 months a year......
Trump calls a group of nazis "very fine people". He calls a few black folk taking a knee during a song "a bunch of bastards".

Trump seems like a good example of "do the opposite as that guy" when it comes to assessing character and ethics.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is everything always racists against blacks.......

What about Trump sticking up for black police oficers.....
What about Trump trying to get rid of ilegals and keep,drugs out of the hands of black kids in the inner cities.......
What about Trump trying to put up a wall so the drug war in chicago wont kill 500 kids most of whom are black....
454 to be exact this year......

By the way i have been a school teacher for 19 years in inner city schools as a counselor and teacher in public and private schools...so I do know what is plauging our inner city blqck youth.....

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
After all they did for themselves, you mean.

No, I don't. The only thing separating them from a career flipping burgers is the fact that many Americans are willing to pay their hard earned money to watch them run across fields and catch balls. I can't fault them for taking advantage of the fact, but this how they thank this country? This is why I called them spoiled children. Trump is almost certainly right that a team owner that fired the players for this would enjoy strong public support. He would know - his stance against this nonsense helped land him in the White House. Let them keep doing what they're doing though - the NFL ratings will continue to tank and its players will get salaries closer to what they deserve.

How dare they use their success to lift others up!

Insulting your country doesn't lift anyone up.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't. The only thing separating them from a career flipping burgers is the fact that many Americans are willing to pay their hard earned money to watch them run across fields and catch balls. I can't fault them for taking advantage of the fact, but this how they thank this country? This is why I called them spoiled children. Trump is almost certainly right that a team owner that fired the players for this would enjoy strong public support. He would know - his stance against this nonsense helped land him in the White House. Let them keep doing what they're doing though - the NFL ratings will continue to tank and its players will get salaries closer to what they deserve.

Insulting your country doesn't lift anyone up.
Bro agree with you 100%
This is why Trump got elected because he is the only one that speqks the truth!!,!,

Thats why people hate him because he exposes their lies that they have been fed by the left media all thier life......

If it wasnt truth they wudnt get upset!!!!
They cant deal with truth.....
Only thing they can do is name calll....
Usually it goes back to Trump and conservatives being racist......

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.