Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Starbucks,Star Wars, Tv and Film, Sports...makes me proud to not be a Tin-hat Republican. But my republican girlfriend takes issue with you szechuan. She says "He does know that not all Republicans are uber-conservative Trump-ites that have lost the ability to think, right?"
Yep, Trump is pretty much the antithesis of the establishment Republican party, both in good ways and bad ways.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Yep, Trump is pretty much the antithesis of the establishment Republican party, both in good ways and bad ways.

I'm still waiting and so are actual Republicans,not what Trump and the Tea Party have turned the Republican party into, to hear what the "good ways" are.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where on this globe are people are given opportunities equally? No where. It's not possible. We are all given opportunities, but some have to work harder for them than others. At times life rots, but that has been so since the beginning of time. People have more options here than many parts of this planet. You want to deny that - fine with me.

You put it in a nutshell. We have legal rights here. You don't have that in many places. You want to deny that. You can do that.

I had roadblocks - many of them - in life. I did things to get around those roadblocks, and you can do that in this country. You can't do that everywhere. You don't believe that possible? That's your choice.

I mean according your own opinions? What freedoms do they/you/me have? I mean they are denied them right? We have the right to stand up for ourselves and our government. We have the rights to make changes. Our services for the poor, disabled, and disenfranchised aren't perfect by ANY stretch of the imagination! Yet, they are there. You can't say that is so all over the globe. People dig themselves out of poverty all the time, and have done so such this country started. My family did this!! We aren't rich, but we have much more than our ancestors - and we worked for every last bit of it. We took advantage of what this country had offered to us - like anyone else can. We have a country in which that is encouraged, and is allowed. You don't have that in so many places. If you want to deny our freedoms, and the set up viewpoint that our country doesn't allow them? Your contradicting yourself.

Those football players had opportunities that allowed them to land in the NFL, and now they average about $2M a year in many cases. They were allowed their dream job, because of our FREEDOMS here. They were allowed to work hard and FIGHT to get where they are. I would love to see this type of thing all over the globe. Freedoms such as these should be for all humans. There aren't many countries that would give them this, and yet we are going to say we are BAD because it wasn't equal? Please.

I will never make $2Mil in my lifetime like that. I will never make tons of money. I will never have their lavish jobs and lifestyles. Yet, I know I have freedoms that many on this globe only dream about. I also have the power to change things - like others in this country. Do you know how many millions of people only DREAM to have that power? Why do you think people are fighting to come here? They don't come here to be systemically and consistently denied the opportunities. They come here because of the opportunities. lol they wouldn't bother if they didn't have them. They would write letters back to the homeland - don't bother coming! We are systemically and consistently denied opportunities....just like HOME!
I think I understand where you're coming from better now. You're talking about economic/money opportunities.

As a Christian, I don't view life as being based on money. Even in our materialistic, capitalistic, mammon-worshiping American society I don't view life as being based on money. I do recognize that money plays a role and is necessary to a point. At the same time I also recognize what God told me about money and that it is not the solution to most problems.

For money, I trust in God to give me what I need. The "opportunity" to make more money is not something I consider to be something that's necessarily going to help me be a success. I consider success to be serving God, doing His Will, and a big part of that is to serve mankind the way Christ did (believers and non-believers alike). Monetary opportunity comes from God alone and He supplies all we need.

But Kaepernick's protest is not about money alone. It is mostly about non-monetary issues. It is about a systemic problem of racism that persists in this country. It's about how this systemic racism destroys people by not just denying them economic opportunity more so the opportunity to live a normal life without fear of the people who are supposed to be protecting and serving them.

What good did all of Michael Bennett's millions do him when he was singled out unfairly and mistreated by police in Las Vegas? It did him no good at all. He could have been seriously injured or even killed, regardless of his money. Money doesn't matter if you are being targeted and your life and limb being endangered simply because you are a particular race, religion, sex, age, etc. That's why those are statuses that are protected by our Constitution.

So why do you or anyone else have a problem with Kaepernick protesting the violation of our Constitution? You say that because he has economic opportunity to make millions that many of us (supposedly) don't have that he should remain quiet? That doesn't make sense at all. But I think to many people that line of thinking makes some sense because those folks put money above other things. Money is an idol in America and a powerful god to many people. Many people are making the argument that Kaepernick should follow the god mammon rather than do what's morally right. Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no constitutional right to protest at work. Until someone points out specifically where I'm wrong about this, I will continue to know that I am right.
Where is the requirement to honor the flag before work?

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I think I understand where you're coming from better now. You're talking about economic/money opportunities.

As a Christian, I don't view life as being based on money. Even in our materialistic, capitalistic, mammon-worshiping American society I don't view life as being based on money. I do recognize that money plays a role and is necessary to a point. At the same time I also recognize what God told me about money and that it is not the solution to most problems.

For money, I trust in God to give me what I need. The "opportunity" to make more money is not something I consider to be something that's necessarily going to help me be a success. I consider success to be serving God, doing His Will, and a big part of that is to serve mankind the way Christ did (believers and non-believers alike). Monetary opportunity comes from God alone and He supplies all we need.

But Kaepernick's protest is not about money alone. It is mostly about non-monetary issues. It is about a systemic problem of racism that persists in this country. It's about how this systemic racism destroys people by not just denying them economic opportunity more so the opportunity to live a normal life without fear of the people who are supposed to be protecting and serving them.

What good did all of Michael Bennett's millions do him when he was singled out unfairly and mistreated by police in Las Vegas? It did him no good at all. He could have been seriously injured or even killed, regardless of his money. Money doesn't matter if you are being targeted and your life and limb being endangered simply because you are a particular race, religion, sex, age, etc. That's why those are statuses that are protected by our Constitution.

So why do you or anyone else have a problem with Kaepernick protesting the violation of our Constitution? You say that because he has economic opportunity to make millions that many of us (supposedly) don't have that he should remain quiet? That doesn't make sense at all. But I think to many people that line of thinking makes some sense because those folks put money above other things. Money is an idol in America and a powerful god to many people. Many people are making the argument that Kaepernick should follow the god mammon rather than do what's morally right. Sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Thank you for making me smile and nod in agreement brother. :)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Different subject all together. Nice try.
If they aren't required to do it then they can't be fired for not doing it.

Have the owners and coaches put forced patriotism clauses into the players' contracts and you'll get no argument from me about what they should do for the flag or the anthem. Until then, they are totally free to ignore this purely ceremonial and non-required aspect of their jobs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How many of you guys that are complaining about our country are actually working and having a job that pays taxes?????

Statistics show 43% of americans are on government handouts while the rest of us work our rear ends off to pay for these guys to sit around and protest in our streets and complain about police brutality....

This is why Trump got elected because we are tired of suporting these guys who dont like our country and are living off of free hondouts and not producing anything !!!

America like it or leave it!!!
Or get involved in public works and try to make it better!!
But stop complaining its a free country...you are free to leave or stay!!!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How many of you guys that are complaining about our country are actually working and having a job that pays taxes?????

Statistics show 43% of americans are on government handouts while the rest of us work our rear ends off to pay for these guys to sit around and protest in our streets and complain about police brutality....

This is why Trump got elected because we are tired of suporting these guys who dont like our country and are living off of free hondouts and not producing anything !!!

You are also free to leave if you don't like what America has become.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are also free to leave if you don't like what America has become.
So i supose you are one of the guys working hard to make this country a better place????
Amd not one of the 43% living off the rest of us......

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Moronic. Trump got elected cause people like you left their brains at home and voted him, that's all. In 8 months he done exactly what to:

-create jobs, specially in the coal and steel belts he proclaimed would be working again.

-created or improved a health plan that would allow Americans who are uninsured or underinsured not to go bankrupt for health care or possibly dying for the lack of it

-truly solved immigration problems in the US. DACA gets overturned, but not actually? A travel ban in place till, it was unconstitutional? Has he stopped illegals coming in at all? Oh right, the fabled wall that won't be built.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Re: government handouts...

In some cases, Wal-Mart and other employers are the ones getting the government handouts. They don't pay full-time workers enough to feed their families and so government steps in with SNAP benefits (formerly food stamps) and the earned income tax credit (negative income tax).

Of course, small businesses often pay their employees the least and offer the least benefits, so I don't want to pick on Wal-Mart. Even the U.S. military pays some of their soldiers so little their families get SNAP benefits. So let's reduce the federal deficit by raising the minimum wage--and then the federal government won't have to subsidize starvation-wage employers.

• Winner
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moronic. Trump got elected cause people like you left their brains at home and voted him, that's all. In 8 months he done exactly what to:

-create jobs, specially in the coal and steel belts he proclaimed would be working again.

-created or improved a health plan that would allow Americans who are uninsured or underinsured not to go bankrupt for health care or possibly dying for the lack of it

-truly solved immigration problems in the US. DACA gets overturned, but not actually? A travel ban in place till, it was unconstitutional? Has he stopped illegals coming in at all? Oh right, the fabled wall that won't be built.
Aparently you guys in canada dont get american news....
I live in Texas......
Ilegal crossings are down 80%.......
Islamic terorist attacks this year in Us almost nonixistent for the first time in years!!!!
Mexican Drug king pins are being caught and transported to the US....
Isis is for the first time close to colapse!!!
Stock market is set to make its biggest gain in 50 years...
Unemployment down......

We have a president who has brought pride and suport back into police , border patrol military and hard working americans who are tired of being disrespected for working hard and paying double taxes where the other 43% sit around and smoke medical marijuana and complain about injustices.....

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If they aren't required to do it then they can't be fired for not doing it.

Have the owners and coaches put forced patriotism clauses into the players' contracts and you'll get no argument from me about what they should do for the flag or the anthem. Until then, they are totally free to ignore this purely ceremonial and non-required aspect of their jobs.
Makes no sense.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.