United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT

U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information....

The report was based on a Philippine transcript of the call that was circulated on Tuesday under a "confidential" cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs.

Wow, I wonder if North Korea was aware. They are now!

Does he even think before talking?

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Philippines is a longtime US ally, there is good reason to notify about military actions in the area.

They are because someone in Manila leaked the info. I doubt they were terribly surprised. Of course, we have plenty of such leakers in our own government these days. There are a lot of people in the government that really want to get this President. I guess the swamp doesn't want to be drained...

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟828,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The issue isn't Trump sharing this with other world leaders. That type of information is shared ALL the time. Even John Brenner admitted during the hearing yesterday that he has regularly shared confidential secrets with the Russians.

Obama leaked classified info all the time.

Obama administration leaked classified information to filmmakers on Osama bin Laden raid | Daily Mail Online

Guests Remind NBC, CNN: Obama Gave Classified Intel to Russia

Not trying to pull the 'whataboutism' card, but it's common in government to share classified info with allies. Every president has done it. Every president has the right to do it. It is within their legal jurisdiction to classify or unclassify ANYTHING THEY WANT.

This is the trouble I'm having with the democrats and the left right now. Why isn't the leaking the problem? You say Trump has the big mouth, but IT'S NOT TRUMP! IT'S THE LEAKERS! But the left is taking these stories, publishing them, bringing to light the classified information and using it to attack Trump as if it proves something against him. It's doesn't.

I'm waiting for any democrat to call out the leakers and condemn them. THEY'RE the ones putting lives and our country at risk, as are the newspapers and media who publish these stories to try and use them against Trump.

• Winner
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump tells Duterte of two U.S. nuclear subs in Korean waters: NYT

U.S. President Donald Trump told his Philippine counterpart that Washington has sent two nuclear submarines to waters off the Korean peninsula, the New York Times said, comments likely to raise questions about his handling of sensitive information....

The report was based on a Philippine transcript of the call that was circulated on Tuesday under a "confidential" cover sheet by the Americas division of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs.

Does he even think before talking?

I have read the same thing on the internet and have heard it on Fox and CNN News. How much of those (cough) secrets is President Trump supposed to keep from Duterte who is in the same area and probably wonders about a US military buildup?

It isn't as if satellite images and many other means aren't available to keep track of aircraft carriers around the world. And if it is necessary to deal with North Korea militarily, I would think having use of Duterte's bases would be very useful.

Second carrier to join US ships near Korean Peninsula - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟359,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think we can all agree now that any other president from this point on can say anything to anyone.

They are because someone in Manila leaked the info. I doubt they were terribly surprised. Of course, we have plenty of such leakers in our own government these days. There are a lot of people in the government that really want to get this President. I guess the swamp doesn't want to be drained...
If people wanted the swamp to be drained you would not have a 95% incumbency rate in the Senate; with an approval rate in what.... The midteens?

I will never buy the drain the swamp nonsense.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟828,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think we can all agree now that any other president from this point on can say anything to anyone.

If people wanted the swamp to be drained you would not have a 95% incumbency rate in the Senate; with an approval rate in what.... The midteens?

I will never buy the drain the swamp nonsense.
Except, every other president does say what they want to say. No other president has been given this much grief over doing something they're SUPPOSED to do and well within their rights to do. All of this is just more smoke to create controversy that isn't even there. As long as the left and the media can keep up with this same message, they can paint that Trump's not fit for office, he has loose lips, he's just letting loose classified info without any concern, but that's not what's happening at all. Someone is leaking this crap and THAT should be the real story. THAT'S the dangerous part in all of this.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟828,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have read the same thing on the internet and have heard it on Fox and CNN News. How much of those (cough) secrets is President Trump supposed to keep from Duterte who is in the same area and probably wonders about a US military buildup?

It isn't as if satellite images and many other means aren't available to keep track of aircraft carriers around the world. And if it is necessary to deal with North Korea militarily, I would think having use of Duterte's bases would be very useful.

Second carrier to join US ships near Korean Peninsula - CNNPolitics.com
Agreed. It's just like when Trump supposedly told the Russians last week classified intel when:
1) Everyone who was in the room said it didn't happen and there was nothing revealed that was out of line and
2) What Trump did share was already common knowledge.
3) It was about the threat of Isis using laptops to conceal bombs when going on planes, but there was already a news story BEFORE Trump's meeting with the Russian officials about this very thing and discussing whether or not we should ban laptops as some countries in the middle east are doing.

Of course, that whole thing has remained in the news for a week and used as a means to attack Trump and paint him negatively over it. The left is grasping at straws. They know the Russia collusion story will be a bust and was completely made up, so they're finding any tiny thing they can.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not a Globalist supporter so please do not take the following as support.

There is no such a thing as confidential, classified or secret to "any" sitting president or his purview to share any confidential , classified or secret information to any one or group of their choice. Any "need to know classification" furthermore is in the executive realm of any sitting president with real time power to declassify . In picture it is this in simplicity: President knows a secret, decides secret needs sharing and does so. No matter who it is sitting in that seat it is the power of a President to be a President.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. It's just like when Trump supposedly told the Russians last week classified intel when:
1) Everyone who was in the room said it didn't happen and there was nothing revealed that was out of line and
2) What Trump did share was already common knowledge.
3) It was about the threat of Isis using laptops to conceal bombs when going on planes, but there was already a news story BEFORE Trump's meeting with the Russian officials about this very thing and discussing whether or not we should ban laptops as some countries in the middle east are doing.

Of course, that whole thing has remained in the news for a week and used as a means to attack Trump and paint him negatively over it. The left is grasping at straws. They know the Russia collusion story will be a bust and was completely made up, so they're finding any tiny thing they can.

And I have to admit I have to manage my anger when that happens. But I just shake my head when I see Christians boldly defending the Word of God and speaking truth of what the Bible teaches, and then turn right around and appear to commit one of the most grievous sins which is to bear false witness. They can't seem to see their own misplaced hatred of our President and deal with that in a Christian manner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

"From this point on"? They already have! Check the links above regarding how often Obama did the same thing. Bush before him and Clinton before him and so have all shared "need to know" info with others. Funny, before Trump the media never made a big deal out of it. This is simply NOT news. It's all concerted and coordinated effort by the media and the democrats to attack and discredit Trump. Get use to it.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟828,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I have to admit I have to manage my anger when that happens. But I just shake my head when I see Christians boldly defending the Word of God and speaking truth of what the Bible teachers, and then turn right around and appear to commit one of the most grievous sins which is to bear false witness. They can't seem to see their own misplaced hatred of our President and deal with that in a Christian manner.
Yes I have been finding myself increasingly frustrated with the left's CONSTANT barrage of attacks, lies, and smears, none of which have any merit at all. They take a story with anonymous sources and publish it as if it's fact to prove something. At this point, they're not investigating to see if Trump did anything. They're investigating to find a scandal they can use, any misword or deed, even if it's tiny and insignificant, so they can use it to get him impeached.

That's their #1 goal and it's why I've stopped trying to get them to come to the table on issues. They are blinded by their hatred and bitterness for a man they've never met who has been grossly mischaracterized by the media.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Philippines is a longtime US ally, there is good reason to notify about military actions in the area.

Korea is not in the area of The Philippines.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And I have to admit I have to manage my anger when that happens. But I just shake my head when I see Christians boldly defending the Word of God and speaking truth of what the Bible teachers, and then turn right around and appear to commit one of the most grievous sins which is to bear false witness. They can't seem to see their own misplaced hatred of our President and deal with that in a Christian manner.

For me, I see it in a different manner and when I grabbed the following terms that are bipartisan things started clicking . Globalist agenda vs National agenda.

We as a nation have been under globalist agenda for 40 years. This agenda gave a National agenda power by losing election. This is a facet of the global agenda... Step 1: Defraud the vote to put a globalist to succeed a globalist in 2016 election. They lost. Step 2: Nullify the serfs/commoners vote by impeaching the Nationalist agenda. Because we are a separatist nation some seek under hate of a symptom of a Trump to support globalist agenda to nullify your power, the vote. Weather one voted for him or not its the or nots seeking to destroy their power of the vote too through identity politics of self, me , I did not vote for him so "I" am glad to impeach . Not understood by these is they destroy theirselves by negating democracy vote. Sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is anyone surprised. Trump has made it very clear that his allies and friends include leaders like this, and those from Russia and Turkey.

I suppose it is merely coincidence that Trump aides have been paid by Russia and Turkey.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I have been finding myself increasingly frustrated with the left's CONSTANT barrage of attacks, lies, and smears, none of which have any merit at all. They take a story with anonymous sources and publish it as if it's fact to prove something. At this point, they're not investigating to see if Trump did anything. They're investigating to find a scandal they can use, any misword or deed, even if it's tiny and insignificant, so they can use it to get him impeached.

That's their #1 goal and it's why I've stopped trying to get them to come to the table on issues. They are blinded by their hatred and bitterness for a man they've never met who has been grossly mischaracterized by the media.

I am angry when anybody does it. But I am especially frustrated and saddened when it is those who claim to be Christian who do it. I always want us to be better.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's all concerted and coordinated effort by the media and the democrats to attack and discredit Trump. Get use to it.[/QUOTE said:
Please, Please stop that lie of duopoly. Its actually agenda that is bipartisan. This is why even R's are leaking inside Trumps admin too. If you would just consider these two agendas global vs national at war with each other. Things will start to click for you because agenda is bipartisan of elect and can involve media, government power arms like military complex, intelligence agencies, DOJ, DOD where agenda can be in any persons of power loyalty. What you are seeing is the globalist attempt to remove National agenda . We have been under globalist agenda for 40 years. Hope this edifies.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟682,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WAIT A MINUTE!

From the link:

Trump told Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Washington had "a lot of firepower over there", according to the New York Times, which quoted a transcript of an April 29 call between the two.

Calls between heads of state are on encrypted lines, the calls are confidential and very fewhave access to them to even create a transcript. Who created the transcript and who gave it to the NYT?

This is called espionage

Upvote 0