Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump retweets call to let ‘Democrat cities rot’ over video of NYC protesters

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1295033636350242818

Tell me again who the divisive one is. If Obama had said anything like this, TrumpFans would've lost their minds.
Let's see, if he offers to help by sending in federal marshals he's wrong. If he encourages people to leave the cities that have refused his help, hes' wrong also. Being Trump, anything he says is automatically wrong to anyone on the left.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The truth hurts.

It's not the truth. It's a disgusting lie that shifts blame away from where it belongs. If Trump says something hateful, it's his fault for saying it, not somebody else's.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"At all levels of society, we are aware of a great need for leadership that models love for righteousness (Wisdom 1:1) as well as the virtues of justice, prudence, courage and temperance. Our commitment as people of faith to imitate Christ’s love and compassion should challenge us to serve as models of civil dialogue, especially in a context where discourse is eroding at all levels of society. Where we live, work, and worship, we strive to understand before seeking to be understood, to treat with respect those with whom we disagree, to dismantle stereotypes, and to build productive conversation in place of vitriol."

Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship - Introductory Letter

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not the truth. It's a disgusting lie that shifts blame away from where it belongs. If Trump says something hateful, it's his fault for saying it, not somebody else's.

I think you're preaching to the choir because Trump's devoted conservative supporters aren't going to condemn him, no matter what he says or what he does. They've proven time and time again over the last four years that they will purposely overlook his sinful behavior because he tickles their ears. I still can't believe how some conservatives fawn over him and defend him like he's some Christian Saint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're preaching to the choir because Trump's devoted conservative supporters aren't going to condemn him, no matter what he says or what he does. They've proven time and time again over the last four years that they will purposely overlook his sinful behavior because he tickles their ears. I still can't believe how some conservatives fawn over him and defend him like he's some Christian Saint.

And can something please be done about all the off-topic posts about reaping and sowing? Thanks.
I think the poster talking about reaping and sowing may be implying that the cities led by Democrats should reap what they sow. Hard to say for certain since the poster didn't qualify their terms.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread had a clean up of very off topic posts. The topic is in the OP. Stick to the topic.

Please do not respond to off topic posts.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mistake Trump made is calling them Democrat Cities. They are American cities.

And the problems the protesters are protesting are not something you can fix easily or cover up with more police. It needs new solutions and actions that we as Americans are not used to.

And while leaving a city is an individual choice, the problems exist elsewhere even if there are no protests.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's see, if he offers to help by sending in federal marshals he's wrong. If he encourages people to leave the cities that have refused his help, hes' wrong also. Being Trump, anything he says is automatically wrong to anyone on the left.
Well it's true Trump is usually wrong as a matter of record. The Federal marshals were not discriminating between peaceful protestors and those intent upon vandalism. It's not logical to assume Trump was helping to solve the problem by escalating the violence and then encouraging people to leave because they refused his 'help'.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The mistake Trump made is calling them Democrat Cities. They are American cities....
Yes. This attitude of his is just disgusting. I cant believe a single person would defend it coming from a US president.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. This attitude of his is just disgusting. I cant believe a single person would defend it coming from a US president.

It's ironic that many conservatives like to accuse former President Obama of being a 'divider,' but conservatives will defend Trump with impunity whenever he says controversial rhetoric like this. I think he'll say anything, no matter how vitriolic, because he knows it will rile up his supporters.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's ironic that many conservatives like to accuse former President Obama of being a 'divider,' but conservatives will defend Trump with impunity whenever he says controversial rhetoric like this. I think he'll say anything, no matter how vitriolic, because he knows it will rile up his supporters.
Thats all he has left apparently. Its retreat to base, "big league".

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Trump is simply a little angry N.Y., among other cities, refused to let him help them.

I.know dems need it to be no more than a hateful comment against them and for no reason at all because it fits their agenda, so I suppose they will run with that.

Meh

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think Trump is simply a little angry N.Y., among other cities, refused to let him help them.

I.know dems need it to be no more than a hateful comment against them and for no reason at all because it fits their agenda, so I suppose they will run with that.

Meh
There is no rationale that makes his comment or retweet acceptable. You just dont cut loose portions of America like that.

Imagine if anyone said that about Republican rural zones for any reason. "Let them rot"? From the country's leader it would be despicable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0