• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump retweet’s far right videos.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Goonie, Nov 29, 2017.

1. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    Wait...how do you know that wasn't on purpose? I mean for all you and I know this particular Teresa May in Bognor might be someone who has completely lost focus on Islamic Terror in the UK???

Trump might be trying to do a good deed by reminding random British people to be wary of the threat of Islamic Terror.

(Give the guy some credit!)

2. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    We in the US understand that commonly used terms like "chips", "biscuits" and "conservative" often have very different meanings in Jolly Ol' England. Perhaps "virulent ultranationalist racism" is different for you guys.

3. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    True dat!

[​IMG]

4. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+5,696
    Unitarian
    Married
    Sadly, all too true as shown by our president's deplorable tweets. But, in his defense, he may very well be in the early stages of Alzheimer's.

5. Rion

Rion "Trigger Warning" is one of my triggers Supporter

+3,707
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    So from what I can find, only one of the videos was fake, and the other two were raw camera footage without commentary. Aside from the people he retweeted these from (because let's be honest, he probably doesn't know any party besides tories and labour), what is the problem with those two videos? Sure, it's not a presidential thing to do, but I don't think that anyone should be surprised at this.

Also, the party leaders of this group have been convicted of racism. Holy smokes, the U.K. is screwed.

6. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    I, for one, don't expect the President of the United States to know anything about foreign countries like England. I mean, it's not the US! It would be absurd to think that the leader of the free world would know who is who in foreign countries. We didn't elect him to be President of England!

7. HBonaparte

HBonaparte New Member

+11
    Christian

8. Yonny Costopoulis

Yonny Costopoulis Well-Known Member

+715
    Greece
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Married
    Very good point. Trump is often confused about world geography.

Trump doesn't know Israel is in the Middle East - YouTube

Revealed: How Donald Trump's North Korea 'armada' was actually sailing in wrong direction

If not so serious would be hilarious watching SNL skits performed in real life.

9. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+4,123
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
  10. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+199
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I hope you're not implying that Catholics aren't Christians, because that would be against forum rules.

11. Yonny Costopoulis

Yonny Costopoulis Well-Known Member

+715
    Greece
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Married
    So White House is saying retweeting racist hate video is OK because Trump didn't know source.

Bar is so low worm couldn't crawl under.

12. Dave RP

Dave RP Well-Known Member

+485
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Divorced
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    It’s not what the media tell me, I live here, I’ve seen these scumbags in action. They go to areas where Muslims live and intimidate them, throw bacon into their Mosques, insult women wearing the hijab and they support a blatantly racist agenda. They have zero electoral support and their “mass action rallies” attract a couple of dozen fanatics.

What they are good at is using social media and the President of the US has given them the greatest piece of free publicity in history. Trump is a menace, and the US population should be ashamed of him.

13. Dave RP

+485
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Divorced
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    The point I was making was Trump would not quote the religious background of someone undertaking one of the numerous mass shootings in the US if he was of Christian heritage, but would if he was born in Muslim heritage.

That’s the bigotry he practices.

14. Dave RP

+485
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Divorced
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Why is the UK screwed?

It is against the law to abuse or assault anyone on the basis of their race or religion. The acting leader of this group launched a foul mouthed verbal attack on a woman in a hijab in front of her children, is that the behaviour of a normal person?

Trump is the US President, not Kim Kardashian and he should think about the impact of his tweets, which resonate around the world.

15. Rion

Rion "Trigger Warning" is one of my triggers Supporter

+3,707
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    No, but it is speech, which should be protected. Once you start prosecuting for wrongthink, you're no longer a free society. Might as well rename yourselves Airstrip One and be done with it.

16. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    No, these were a bunch of false Scotsmen burning witches. I apologize for my mistake.

17. MyOwnSockPuppet

MyOwnSockPuppet Regeneration of myself after computer failure

+70
    Atheist
    Married
    Strictly speaking it's against the law to harass anyone for any reason, but to be demonstrably motivated by the harasee's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation etc is an agravating factor.

18. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+10,271
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    Should. There's been a lot of shoulds over the past year or so.

-CryptoLutheran

19. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+10,271
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    Well in a perfect world supporting Donald Trump is not something a Christian would do. But here we are.

-CryptoLutheran

20. littotes60

littotes60 Member

+125
    Atheist
    Married
    I don't know how you arrive at that conclusion. Trump got the evangelical vote so his lifelong association with morality and virtue and ethics must count for something.

I am often reminded of "Two Corinthians" when I listen to Donald Trump. Also One Timothy and Two Kings ("The Re-kingening", what a GREAT sequel!)