✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
LINK

President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.

• Haha
Reactions: Lg2000

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It’s time to eliminate this pardon power by POTUS. Every president in my lifetime abused this power. Trump just took this to another level but every president abused it more or less.

It needs a constitutional amendment, so I guess that will never happen in our life time.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s time to eliminate this pardon power by POTUS. Every president in my lifetime abused this power. Trump just took this to another level but every president abused it more or less.

It needs a constitutional amendment, so I guess that will never happen in our life time.

Every President starting with, at the very latest, Thomas Jefferson, has abused their power in relation to what the Constitution specifically allows a President to do ( with the possible exception of Coolidge.). Taking any amount of unconstitutional power away is not ever going to be allowed by the immense bureaucracy that has grown up around the Presidency. How then could one possibly think that an actual Constitutional power would ever be stripped form that office?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Every President starting with, at the very latest, Thomas Jefferson, has abused their power in relation to what the Constitution specifically allows a President to do ( with the possible exception of Coolidge.). Taking any amount of unconstitutional power away is not ever going to be allowed by the immense bureaucracy that has grown up around the Presidency. How then could one possibly think that an actual Constitutional power would ever be stripped form that office?

William Henry Harrison disagrees.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Anyone want to take a guess how many rioters of the sixth of january will be among the pardoned?

My guess would be a non-non-zero amount.

I am pretty sure that all the Insurrectionists that took part couldn't scrape up the price for one pardon.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am pretty sure that all the Insurrectionists that took part couldn't scrape up the price for one pardon.
Private jet Karen may be able to scrape it together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
William Henry Harrison disagrees.

He of course did the most damage to the country and the constitution before becoming President while governor of the northwest territory. I'm sure old Tippecanoe, given more than a few weeks, would have proceeded to do more damage to the nation by further oppressing native Americans. Instead he had to leave that up to Tyler.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟94,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The thread title should be changed to "Trump pardons the swamp".

Am I the only one who thinks Hawkeye and Trapper will be happy to hear that?

-- A2SG, always with the timely references.....

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
LINK

President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.
He’s forming a cabinet for his Patriot Party.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics