Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the majority of Americans opposed the wall, Hillary Clinton would've been President.
No. A few million voters didn't vote for Trump or Clinton but did vote for other candidates or write-ins. Whether they agree with the wall is another issue.
And...voting for a candidate doesn't mean that a voter agrees 100% with the candidate.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. A few million voters didn't vote for Trump or Clinton but did vote for other candidates or write-ins. Whether they agree with the wall is another issue.
And...voting for a candidate doesn't mean that a voter agrees 100% with the candidate.

I happen to be one of those. Trump wasn't even my first pick in the primaries. Ted Cruz was. When he became the nominee to run against Clinton, it would have made no sense to vote for Cruz at that point. So I voted for Trump. Now that's he's president, I don't like the Tariffs and the effect they're having, but it doesn't make me regret voting for Trump though.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
That's good, since I never claimed we were. I guess I could go into a long explanation about how a wall that stops people from walking over the border with explosives and other weapons would be just as effective at keeping people from walking over the border with drugs, along with people who have gang affiliations, but I won't. Instead, I'll leave you with a CNN story about a police officer who was a LEGAL immigrant and was recently killed by an ILLEGAL one. Perhaps it will put things into perspective. Suspect who shot and killed California officer was in the country illegally, authorities say - CNN

I’m not saying that there are not violent illegal immigrants. I’m saying a wall is not the answer. Probably need a wall in some places, fence in others, techology in some places, a combination of approaches.

That is what the West Bank “wall” is - 5% wall, 95% fence.
What Trump Can Learn From The Man Who Built Israel's Border Walls

And, while that story is tragic, should we start talking about the violent crimes perpetrated by people here legally?

An increasing number of illegals are overstaying visas - wall won’t help with that.
Illegal Immigration Statistics - FactCheck.org

• Informative
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's good, since I never claimed we were. I guess I could go into a long explanation about how a wall that stops people from walking over the border with explosives and other weapons would be just as effective at keeping people from walking over the border with drugs, along with people who have gang affiliations, but I won't.
Most drugs coming into this country are not be carried in by foot traffic. It comes in by vehicles and dropped by planes, ultra-lites, and drones.

President Donald Trump says his wall at the U.S.-Mexico border will help stem the flow of illegal drugs into the United States. There’s one problem with the plan: The drugs coming into the U.S. Northeast often arrive by plane, boat, or hidden in vehicles, according to an intelligence report by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

A 24-page report prepared by the DEA in May found that drugs coming from Mexico do often enter through the southwestern border, but they do so concealed in vehicles, like tractor-trailers. Moreover, drugs coming from Colombia are more often transported by plane and boat, the reports notes.

Trump Says Border Wall Will Stop Drugs. Here’s What a DEA Intel Report Says.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Israeli government says that the barrier has been effective, as the number of suicide bombings carried out from the West Bank fell from 73 (between 2000 and July 2003 – the completion of the "first continuous segment"), to 12 (from August 2003 to the end of 2006).

The barriers in Israel are actively and aggressively patrolled night and day unlike a proposed wall that is well over a thousand miles long in a mostly sparsely populated wilderness area.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If Trump does manage to get the wall built, maybe we could name it the New Berlin Wall or the Great Wall of Mexico or the New Walls of Jericho. :)
No, he'll want it to say Trump's Wall, then he can sell his trade name to the US government.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
No, he'll want it to say Trump's Wall, then he can sell his trade name to the US government.

So when the Trump sounds, it will all come tumbling down? :)

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Israeli government says that the barrier has been effective, as the number of suicide bombings carried out from the West Bank fell from 73 (between 2000 and July 2003 – the completion of the "first continuous segment"), to 12 (from August 2003 to the end of 2006).

And that's fantastic. Of course there are a lot of Palestinians who have a tough time of it with the wall there, but bully for Israel.

The number of suicide bombers crossing over into the US seems to be a pretty small number. I don't recall any off-hand. What I have seen, on the other hand, is a bunch of women and children running away from gang violence in countries we've helped destabilize. So I guess it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other: suicide bombers or scared poor people.

Why don't we just go ahead and put a bunch of machine gun towers along the border. That'll DEFINITELY decrease the onslaught of suicide bombers crossing here from Mexico.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most drugs coming into this country are not be carried in by foot traffic. It comes in by vehicles and dropped by planes, ultra-lites, and drones.

Are those vehicles crossing at the legal designated crossing? If so, they have to undergo inspection. That at least provides a chance for them to be caught. If there's no wall, then there's nothing to stop such vehicles. So a wall would be even more effective against those vehicles than against foot traffic. I've never heard anyone argue that vehicles can climb over walls.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The barriers in Israel are actively and aggressively patrolled night and day unlike a proposed wall that is well over a thousand miles long in a mostly sparsely populated wilderness area.

Those areas that are sparsely populated would be the first places illegals would try crossing. If those areas aren't patrolled, then what stops someone from crossing there now? Those areas are exactly where a wall/fence/barrier needs to be.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are those vehicles crossing at the legal designated crossing? If so, they have to undergo inspection. That at least provides a chance for them to be caught. If there's no wall, then there's nothing to stop such vehicles. So a wall would be even more effective against those vehicles than against foot traffic. I've never heard anyone argue that vehicles can climb over walls.
I posted two articles about how drugs come into this country.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And that's fantastic. Of course there are a lot of Palestinians who have a tough time of it with the wall there, but bully for Israel.

The number of suicide bombers crossing over into the US seems to be a pretty small number. I don't recall any off-hand. What I have seen, on the other hand, is a bunch of women and children running away from gang violence in countries we've helped destabilize. So I guess it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other: suicide bombers or scared poor people.

Why don't we just go ahead and put a bunch of machine gun towers along the border. That'll DEFINITELY decrease the onslaught of suicide bombers crossing here from Mexico.

Are you implying that if a wall is put up to block suicide bombers in one country, then that's the only thing a wall can block? Doesn't it stand to reason that drug smugglers, gang members and anyone else on foot can be blocked?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Are you implying that if a wall is put up to block suicide bombers in one country, then that's the only thing a wall can block? Doesn't it stand to reason that drug smugglers, gang members and anyone else on foot can be blocked?
Sure, but they can be blocked in other ways as well. If we're trying to block unarmed men, women and children on foot, why do we need a barrier designed to keep out suicide bombers?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Those areas that are sparsely populated would be the first places illegals would try crossing. If those areas aren't patrolled, then what stops someone from crossing there now? Those areas are exactly where a wall/fence/barrier needs to be.
Do you think there isn't one now?

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but they can be blocked in other ways as well. If we're trying to block unarmed men, women and children on foot, why do we need a barrier designed to keep out suicide bombers?

When Trump or anyone else says they want one designed that way, we'll talk about it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think there isn't one now?

I know there is one there now, but it's clearly in need of replacement.

us-mexico-border-no-activity-e1512496483167.jpg

4e420ad987370.image.jpg

Upvote 0