Trump reacts to testimony that Clinton spread Russia allegations

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That has what to do with the OP? This is about both dems and media screaming 'Russia, Russia, Russia' and the FBI says 'There's nothing there.'

Which FBI employee are you quoting here?

If you want to discuss those things please feel free to start another thread rather than attempt to de-rail this one. TY.
The question was how does the guy get his reputation (one of a retired reality TV show host?) back about allegations of his questionable ties to Russia. I listed examples of things which, if cleared up, would help.

• Useful
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟204,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The complicity of the media is mind boggling.
Will we ever be able to trust them again?

When were we able to trust them? I have not "trusted them" in about 25 years. I probably should have never trusted them, but I was naive and did not initially realize their primary job was to make money, not to inform the public.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They investigated because there was sufficient evidence and reason to start the investigation. Once they investigated they found many suspect things, especially the Trump tower meeting with the Russian where the attendees constantly lied about the purpose and the attendees of the meeting, and the fact of Manafort sharing polling data with the Russians. Lots of suspect things, that thankfully the media brought to the public's attention.
The FBI said 'nothing there'. Read the article yourself.
It depends who you are talking about. Journalists seem to be held to a higher standard than Fox news opinion show hosts.

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts - FindLaw
When Tucker Carlson says on his show “remember the facts of the story; these are undisputed" no reasonable person would believe that he was about to state facts. At least, that was Tucker Carlson's own argument in defending himself from a libel suit.
I wouldn't know; I don't have cable......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The fantasy is in the version you have of what the ‘leftist media’ actually said, which in reality isn’t the distorted notion you have in your head. A number of dubious incidents led the FBI to investigate a number of people involved in Trumps campaign, several of whom were convicted on federal charges. The FBI, and intelligence services around the world, concluded that the Russian govt had indeed interfered in the election in Trump’s favour. It is still unclear/unknown to what extent Trump was aware of this. The media, the real media, reported on this as it happened. In what way is that ‘nothing to see?’. Only in Fox fantasy land did this not actually happen, in reality, it did.
#23....

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are genuinely not aware that a number of people, 5 or more, you can look it up yourself, were arrested, charged, convicted and served time as a result of the investigation?

All I can say is you’d have to be pretty selective in your reading to miss that.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are genuinely not aware that a number of people, 5 or more, you can look it up yourself, were arrested, charged, convicted and served time as a result of the investigation?

All I can say is you’d have to be pretty selective in your reading to miss that.
Sussmann is charged with making a false statement to the FBI. During that meeting, Sussmann allegedly told Baker he was not bringing the allegations on behalf of any specific client, but rather as a citizen concerned with national security. Durham’s team alleges they have evidence that Sussmann later billed Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign for his FBI meeting.
FBI leadership was 'fired up' about alleged secret channel between Trump-Russian bank: Sussmann trial

"All I can say is you’d have to be pretty selective in your reading to miss that."
You weren't looking in the mirror when you wrote that by any chance, were you?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sussmann is charged with making a false statement to the FBI. During that meeting, Sussmann allegedly told Baker he was not bringing the allegations on behalf of any specific client, but rather as a citizen concerned with national security. Durham’s team alleges they have evidence that Sussmann later billed Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign for his FBI meeting.
FBI leadership was 'fired up' about alleged secret channel between Trump-Russian bank: Sussmann trial

"All I can say is you’d have to be pretty selective in your reading to miss that."
You weren't looking in the mirror when you wrote that by any chance, were you?
Let’s make a comparison:

Despite the arrest and convictions of a number of people involved in Trump’s campaign following the investigation, you claimed nothing came out of it. I pointed out that to come to that conclusion requires some pretty selective reading.

You appear to have imagined me denying something or other to do with Sussman. I have not idea what it is you imagined me saying, or what reading it would involve. Reading, selectively or otherwise, about something that exists only in your imagination is a bit outside the scope of what we’re discussing.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
you claimed nothing came out of it.
I am not claiming ANYTHING just simply posting what the FBI said about it. How many of those convictions were directly related to Trump/Russia collusion accusations? and not some other 'misbehavior'?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not claiming ANYTHING just simply posting what the FBI said about it. How many of those convictions were directly related to Trump/Russia collusion accusations? and not some other 'misbehavior'?
You posted what Fox says the FBI said about one particular aspect of one particular area of investigation. Reading your other posts again, you appear to have conflated that to something to do with the investigation as a whole, as your comments, for example in pst 17, dimsiss the whole investigation based on one aspect of one part of it. As I said, those convictions came out of the investigation into links between Trump's campaign and various links with foreign govts in one way or another. I'm not sure what you mean by directly related, perhaps you think this was simpler or more straightforward than it actually was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing of the kind. You accuse me of selective reading and I was pointing out the same in you.

The same in me about what? Since I said nothing about Sussman, on what basis did you get to some idea about what I read, didn’t read or anything else?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You posted what Fox says the FBI said about one particular aspect of one particular area of investigation.
The primary one: Trump/Russia collusion. Without that and the so called 'Steele Dossier' there would be no collusion. Do you believe the Steele Dossier is accurate and truthful?
Reading your other posts again, you appear to have conflated that to something to do with the investigation as a whole,
Without the media/Clinton screaming Russia, Russia, Russia there would have been no basis for an investigation. Which is why the FBI said 'nothing there'.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The same in me about what? Since I said nothing about Sussman, on what basis did you get to some idea about what I read, didn’t read or anything else?
Because you only talk about one side of the coin as if the other side is 'angelic'.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The primary one: Trump/Russia collusion. Without that and the so called 'Steele Dossier' there would be no collusion. Do you believe the Steele Dossier is accurate and truthful?

Without the media/Clinton screaming Russia, Russia, Russia there would have been no basis for an investigation. Which is why the FBI said 'nothing there'.
Just read the article again. I can’t be bothered to point out to you what your own article says, and how that doesn’t match what you are saying. If you’re not willing to engage with your own supporting materials, I’m not willing to try and debate an imaginary point about your imaginary ideas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Just read the article again. I can’t be bothered to point out to you what your own article says, and how that doesn’t match what you are saying. If you’re not willing to engage with your own supporting materials, I’m not willing to try and debate an imaginary point about your imaginary ideas.
I read it for what it says.....try doing the same thing instead of looking for ulterior motives and bogey men.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because you only talk about one side of the coin as if the other side is 'angelic'.
Your comments have drifted well away from anything I said. If you want to actually discuss something I actually said, do that, I don’t see the point in engaging with your imagination.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read it for what it says.....try doing the same thing instead of looking for ulterior motives and bogey men.

From your article:

‘Baker testified Thursday that the bureau investigated the data alleging a Trump connection to the Kremlin-linked bank, and found that "there was nothing there."’

What does this refer to?
What link is there between what this refers to and what you are posting?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
the data alleging a Trump connection to the Kremlin-linked bank,
Without that data being interpreted as 'something' the FBI said there was 'nothing there'. No bias in the initial data 'interpretation' no investigation.....no collusion......no Russia, Russia, Russia by the leftist media and Clinton and backers. Connect the dots......

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without that data being interpreted as 'something' the FBI said there was 'nothing there'. No bias in the initial data 'interpretation' no investigation.....no collusion......no Russia, Russia, Russia by the leftist media and Clinton and backers. Connect the dots......
I’m not going to try and argue with your imaginary version of events. We’re simply back to the plain reality that only very narrowly selective reading choices lead to your particular set of conclusions on anything but the narrowest of related issues, and even those are not on wholly solid ground. But so what? If you want to live in a carefully constructed box and never be exposed to anything that contradicts what you want to think, you’re free to do that.

Upvote 0